Is Tito a legend?

of course he is. He was one of the first mainstream fighters for the UFC. He was in the Jet Li movie with DMX.

Yeah he for sure is. I was never a Tito fan but even I can admit he did a LOT for the UFC during the dark days

His ducking of Chuck Liddell is Legendary.

His crying like a baby after losing the title to Couture (after talking so much trash) is Legendary.

His no-showing for the boxing match with Dana White he asked for in his UFC contract renewal is Legendary.

His being an ass to his opponents after he wins (so much so that it got him fined) is Legendary

So, I guess . . . yeah.

titowah3lk.jpg

Uh Yes.. Tito is the first MMA superstar. He made people care in a time when nobody was watching..

Makes sense.
Ask if you think about it the WWE and UFC have been tied together since the late 1990s. When Ken Shamrock came over they did ads for the UFC as part of his contract. And no one else was doing that at the time. Then when the ultimate fighter happened that came on right after WWE raw then you got another gigantic stall after that with Brock Lesnar.

His ducking of Chuck Liddell is Legendary.

His crying like a baby after losing the title to Couture (after talking so much trash) is Legendary.

His no-showing for the boxing match with Dana White he asked for in his UFC contract renewal is Legendary.

His being an ass to his opponents after he wins (so much so that it got him fined) is Legendary

So, I guess . . . yeah.

titowah3lk.jpg

His ducking of Chuck netted him a million dollar plus payday and a record for PPV's sold down the road in the rematch. Tito left for a while holding out. He is a lot smarter than the clowns that talked shit..

I happen to think he did a lot for the UFC when it was in dire need of stars and was a torchbearer for the sport on the early days. Definitely a UFC Hall of Fame type guy.

But forget what I think, here’s what The Damn President thinks:

..also Tito never tapped to strikes so there’s that.

Tito was Chuck Liddell before Liddell. He was the face of the company right before the whole 2005 TUF mainstream success. Not to mention he was a dominant LHW champion and arguably the sport's first star

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back