Is Tony as much of a challenge to Conor as a 185 pound Nate diaz?

Comparing them is a bit off. Rewatch Conor/Nate 1. Nate made him miss punches and Conor threw spinning shit that was way off. Nate landed body shots. After Conor missed enough and Nate kept coming and landing here and there Conor gassed and Nate hurts him with a 1-2 right after.

Tony's not good at making his opponents miss. He's more of a kickboxer who stands straight and throws whatever comes to mind....while taking shots. Conor will land easier, he won't face a guy who can box. This being at 155 means they're closer in weight. The weight cut affects Tony's durability and grappling strength.

Except that he's clearly not.
Well, Tony certainly Isn't gonna challenge him as much on the feet. His striking is getting overrated quite a bit.

His best chance Is getting this fight down and there's no guarantee he's going to be able to do that. Alvarez Is a better wrestler than Tony, he was supposed to wrestle him with ease. Didn't work out so well.
That and hoping his durability holds up and he's able to drag the fight Into deep waters.

Massive? no

10-15 pounds? probably

Well... but that's what I've been saying all along.

A 10-15 lb difference happens all the time.

Even taking weight cutting out of the picture entirely, a 156 lb man and a 170 lb man are both WWs.

Well... but that's what I've been saying all along.

A 10-15 lb difference happens all the time.

Even taking weight cutting out of the picture entirely, a 156 lb man and a 170 lb man are both WWs.
I wouldn't say It happens all that much anymore at all. Outside of maybe heavyweight or something which matters far less. 15 pounds might not seem like much but It's pretty significant, particularly at lower weight classes.

Except that he's clearly not.
Well that remains to be seen.

When Tony fights Conor and cant stand with him like Nate could, just remember that many of us called It.

Tony needs to get this fight down otherwise It's not gonna go well for him. Especially now that Conor's been training for a high level boxing fight for months..Safe to assume he's probably gonna be more dangerous on the feet than he's ever been.

He needs to get this fight down and also try to drag this fight Into deep waters hoping Conor tires out.

Last edited:
I wouldn't say It happens all that much anymore at all. Outside of maybe heavyweight or something which matters far less. 15 pounds might not seem like much but It's pretty significant, particularly at lower weight classes.

Of course it's "significant." But it isn't rare.

It happens on a very regular basis. You'd be hard pressed to find a fight card without a 10-15 lb fight night discrepancy somewhere in the lineup (and, yes, at a lighter weight than HW).

The nights that Conor and Nate fought they were not the biggest size difference on those cards. (And Perry got the KO against the much bigger man on the night that Conor was complaining about being choked out by a man tree times his size.)

Frankie fought his entire career against guys at least 15 lbs bigger than him on fight night.

Hell, Conor fought most of his UFC FW run against guys who were 10-15 lbs lighter than him on fight night.

And, like I said, the weight classes themselves have 10, 15, and 20 lb variances built right in between the lower and upper limit.

I think It's debatable who's the tougher challenge for Conor between Tony / Nate If the fight happens at 155 pounds.

Nate fought him at 170 tho. Dude was like 185 pounds on fight night

Do you guys see Tony being an even bigger challenge than a filled out Nate Diaz?

I certainly do not
You obviously are not smart.
The (Interim) champion of the division is a bigger challenger than a middle-of-the-pack journeyman.

Conor fans think they are so smart by making this same thread over and over (to then claim it is what people want) and it is absolutely stupid.

Yes, Diaz beat him.
But DIaz is not even in the top 5.

Here's an idea: If Conor wants to fight him so much, he should FORFEIT his belt and go fight DIaz.

This way you retards can keep claiming he is the champ while the division can live without Conor trying to hide from the top 3.

I think Nate has better BJJ but Tony is more willing to use his, and his wrestling is better, so there is more chance it goes there...

But Tony relies on his chin like Nate, but he does NOT have that Diaz iron face.

The (Interim) champion of the division is a bigger challenger than a middle-of-the-pack journeyman.

Conor fans think they are so smart by making this same thread over and over (to then claim it is what people want) and it is absolutely stupid.

Yes, Diaz beat him.

Here's an idea: If Conor wants to fight him so much, he should FORFEIT his belt and go fight DIaz.

This way you retards can keep claiming he is the champ while the division can live without Conor trying to hide from the top 3.
Never once said anything about him fighting Nate next. In fact, I've said pretty clearly Tony Is the next obvious fight Innumerable times.

You should try actually reading the thread.

Just that people are acting like Tony Is this far more dangerous threat than a 170 pound Diaz which just is not true.

Nate's last fight at lightweight was 3 years ago, this is what people like yourself are judging his ability on. Not his most recent fights, which obviously Isn't the most accurate assessment of where he currently stands In the division and as a fighter.

Kevin Lee got KO'd by a jiu jitsu guy less than 2 years ago and now he's one of the best In the world and probably a future champ. Only the most recent fights will accurately depict where a fighter currently stands.

People are just shitting on Nate as a way to indirectly hate on Conor which Is just pretty disrespectful to Nate. Nate looked better than he ever has ever since that Michael Johnson fight, but people act like he's still the guy that lost to Josh Thomson.

what I've said Is pretty down the middle. no bias here brah

Yes, Diaz beat him.

comical to coming from the guy with the nietzche quote In your sig, speaks about objectivity..even though you are clearly not objective and ruled by your own obvious confirmation bias. Check yourself friend

Never once said anything about him fighting Nate next. In fact, I've said pretty clearly Tony Is the next obvious fight Innumerable times.

You should try actually reading the thread.

Just that people are acting like Tony Is this far more dangerous threat than a 170 pound Diaz which just is not true.

Nate's last fight at lightweight was 3 years ago, this is what people like yourself are judging his ability on. Not his most recent fights, which obviously Isn't the most accurate assessment of where he currently stands In the division and as a fighter.

Kevin Lee got KO'd by a jiu jitsu guy less than 2 years ago and now he's one of the best In the world and probably a future champ. Only the most recent fights will accurately depict where a fighter currently stands.

People are just shitting on Nate as a way to indirectly hate on Conor which Is just pretty disrespectful to Nate. Nate looked better than he ever has ever since that Michael Johnson fight, but people act like he's still the guy that lost to Josh Thomson.

what I've said Is pretty down the middle. no bias here brah

I am not shitting on anyone.
But fact is: Nate record is terrible.
His last fight was a loss, and he hasn't fought in forever.

Nate at 170 or 185 makes no difference and is stupid mental games.

He is not top 5 and there is absolutely no reason for him to fight the champion.

Have him become active, win a couple of fights, then he actually might have a bargaining power.

But trying to claim he should fight Conor at ANY time while he is the champ? Sorry, that's stupid. And I don't need any crappy post to know it is a stupid thing to even contemplate.

comical to coming from the guy with the nietzche quote In your sig, speaks about objectivity..even though you are clearly not objective and ruled by your own obvious confirmation bias. Check yourself friend

LOL
So you think that someone who can;t crack top 5 should get a title shot ahead of the top 5 of this division...

...and you claim I am the one "not smart"... LOL

It happens on a very regular basis. You'd be hard pressed to find a fight card without a 10-15 lb fight night discrepancy somewhere in the lineup (and, yes, at a lighter weight than HW).

The nights that Conor and Nate fought they were not the biggest size difference on those cards. (And Perry got the KO against the much bigger man on the night that Conor was complaining about being choked out by a man tree times his size.)

Frankie fought his entire career against guys at least 15 lbs bigger than him on fight night.

Hell, Conor fought most of his UFC FW run against guys who were 10-15 lbs lighter than him on fight night.

And, like I said, the weight classes themselves have 10, 15, and 20 lb variances built right in between the lower and upper limit.
It does happen, does not mean It's not relevant and doesn't play a factor / shouldn't be discussed.

I wouldn't see Nate having the same success at 155 as he did at 170 for example.

We are sort of going off on a tangent here. The point of the thread still stands.

I am not shitting on anyone.
But fact is: Nate record is terrible.
His last fight was a loss, and he hasn't fought in forever.

Nate at 170 or 185 makes no difference and is stupid mental games.

He is not top 5 and there is absolutely no reason for him to fight the champion.

Have him become active, win a couple of fights, then he actually might have a bargaining power.

But trying to claim he should fight Conor at ANY time while he is the champ? Sorry, that's stupid. And I don't need any crappy post to know it is a stupid thing to even contemplate.
who exactly Is trying to argue he should fight nate next?

Nobody

Just that Nate deserves more respect than he's been getting.

again, this is just going off on some weird tangent and Isn't actually the point of the thread or the posts therein.

So how big was Conor at FW? 170 max? Plenty of FW's are 165. I suspect Conor was no heavier than most of the 145ers he faced. 145-185 everyone is basically cutting 15-25 pounds.

LOL
So you think that someone who can;t crack top 5 should get a title shot ahead of the top 5 of this division...

...and you claim I am the one "not smart"... LOL
Literally said a million times In every single thread I've posted In that Tony Is the next fight. Nowhere In anything I have ever said have I tried to argue that Nate should be the next fight.

Not sure what you're arguing or who you think I am.

I feel you lack reading comprehension, not too surprising you've been called out for the same thing not too long ago by another dude.

I never necessarily said you "weren't smart" I don't know you well enough to say such a thing. I just find your sig quite Ironic, since what I've seen from you clearly Indicates you are a man ruled by your own biases.

who exactly Is trying to argue he should fight nate next?

Nobody

Just that Nate deserves more respect than he's been getting.

again, this is just going off on some weird tangent and Isn't actually the point of the thread or the posts therein.

Please stop with the nonsense. CLaiming Nate is more intriguing is obviously trying push it as more appealing than unifying the title with Tony.

And even if not, my only mention is that if Nate is to be next, Conor should forfeit the belt and be done with this charade.

Back