Is Zhang another Cyborg?

You said Cyborg was more dominant and I pointed out she had to cheat to beat up smaller women. I would have thought the disparity was obvious, but here, let me help you.

Zhang fought women her own size and did not need to cheat to do it. This is dominance. Cyborg had to cheat to beat up smaller women and this is the definition of cowardice, not dominance.
I still don’t know why you keep telling me the same thing about something I am aware of. That doesn’t change anything about what I said. I understand in your mind you disregard Cyborgs run because of her “cheating”. That doesn’t change that it was a much bigger deal when she lost than when Weili did even if it is because she “cheated”. You can go ahead and stop trying to tell me off now.

I still don’t know why you keep telling me the same thing about something I am aware of. That doesn’t change anything about what I said. I understand in your mind you disregard Cyborgs run because of her “cheating”. That doesn’t change that it was a much bigger deal when she lost than when Weili did even if it is because she “cheated”. You can go ahead and stop trying to tell me off now.

I was not trying to tell you off. Had I wanted to I would have.

I never said Cyborg's fall was not a big deal.

I said her reign was not more dominant. For someone who claims to understand you keep getting everything wrong. And cheated does not need to be in quotation marks because it is something she actually did.

Since you have so much trouble with reality I will not trouble you further.

I'm saying this because when most people thought they were unbeatable beasts, they got ktfo.

What I'm saying is they both were overrated and they both got exposed. Of course they're good and some of the best but not unbeatable beasts like people thought.

They have a lot of things in common, similar styles both lost their first pro fight and then they got on a 21 fights win streak, but mostly fighting soccer moms on other organizations. Then they get in the UFC, they fight a couple of girls than nobody know and then get a couple of fights with recognized names (Cyborg with Holm and Zhang with Joanna), but those were close decisions, they got a lot of hype and then they get KTFO.
Also they didn't get many title defenses, their reigning were short.

What do you guys think? Is it actually true or is it pure coincidence?

Zhang has barely fought anyone and previously had a war with Joanna. Doesn't make any sense to compare her to Cyborg.

I was not trying to tell you off. Had I wanted to I would have.

I never said Cyborg's fall was not a big deal.

I said her reign was not more dominant. For someone who claims to understand you keep getting everything wrong. And cheated does not need to be in quotation marks because it is something she actually did.

Since you have so much trouble with reality I will not trouble you further.
I quoted it because you said it. That’s what quotes are for.

I just mean she was beating up her opponents easier. Yes, Weili’s reign is more legit because Cyborg beat up women smaller than her and with way less skill also she juiced. Wasn’t arguing that part and my initial post was just about the difference when they both ended up losing and which one was a bigger deal which I tried to clarify to you.

Last edited:
The comparison doesn't make sense. Outside of her finishes in the UFC; Zhang's fights have been competitive.

Zhang banged toe to toe with JJ in a very close fight so she deserves to be in the high ranks. Whether she can stay in the high ranks will be a test since the 115 division is very competitive.

I am not sure of the intention to compare to Cyborg. She still destroys almost every fighter who goes up against her. I suspect her and Nunes will have a rematch at some point. The 145 lb division in women is even worse than HW on men when it comes to available competitors while 115 division is loaded. Then add the fact that Cyborg got caught cheating in the past..... not sure how we should compare to Zhang since the situations aren't similar and the fighters aren't similar.

What total disrespect. Cyborg had a long and proven career beating everyone available, she lost ONCE to nunes and suddenly people forget everything. I still think she has a good chance of winning a rematch if she used a more measured game plan.

Zhang was and still is overrated. She's beat like 3 of the top 10 and the fight with jj was close, she only won that cause she hits harder. She has time to improve, but she's not even close to cyborgs level.

rose was on a 3 fight win streak before she koed the champion, defended vs joanna in a decision and then lost the championship in a spectacular KO.

weili was on a 21 win streak (3 ufc) before she koed the champion, defended vs joanna in a decision then lost the championship in a spectacular KO.

Weili is Roze confirmed.

There's nobody that moves and counters like she does. She doesn't have much power at all but she KO'd both JJ and Weili in round 1 with just good shot picking and placement. For comparison, Valentina has 1 KO finish on the feet in the UFC and no 1st round UFC finishes at all

To be honest, I am not entirely sure that Rose would have won the fight against Weili had it not been for the knock out. She can be effective yes but she is fairly awkward in her movement in reality. Knockouts don't actually translate to skill, it's not a video game. I think part of the reason is that Rose does have power and everyone tends to under estimate her quite a bit.

Comparing her skill wise to Valentina based on knock outs is a very good indication that we can wrap up this conversation right now. I am comfortable that there is no legitimate debate to be had here.

That famous Chinese woman zoahhnaaa ah ah? No.

Cyborg fought sloppy against Nunes in the first fight because she didn't see her as a threat and got tagged and chased the payback shot. UFC wanted Cyborg beat and gone ASAP, any other dominant champ in the same situation would have got an immediate rematch. So don't get it twisted like Nunes proved she is the best. IMO a rematch would have went a lot different than the first fight, Cyborg beat Cyborg in that fight...thats not saying Nunes can't beat her but Cyborg got sloppy in that fight and paid for it more than Nunes beat her with skill.

Maybe you thought this was clever but you just don't understand what "unbeatable" means.

It's not the same as "undefeated".
Maybe you don't understand because if they were beatable dont you think someone would've figured it out after 29 and 50 fights respectively.

Back