News Israel Adesanya opens as betting favorite for a potential LHW-fight against Alex Pereira

Do you agree with those odds?

• Yes

Votes: 16 9.9%
  • No

Votes: 146 90.1%

• Total voters
Nothing changes the fact that Alex beat the crap out of Izzy in both UFC fights. Alex got caught. There's a big difference.

Noone in their right mind would choose Izzy over Pereira, especially at light heavyweight.
LOL did you even watch the first fight? You know, the one where Izzy rocked him badly and would have finished him if he had 5 more seconds? You know, the fight he was 1 round removed from winning.

If you're saying that it doesnt matter because Pereira ended up finishing him, thats fine, but then you dont get to downplay the second fight to "Alex just got caught"

Izzy will wait Pereira out until he's on his final legs at the top and try to pick him off as he's declining

I don't understand. There is a scoreboard and common opponents. You being a cunt doesn't make Izzy better than Alex.
You're just making up things I never even said.

Let me know when we are discussing the same thing

Me doing you: not sure why you keep saying Izzy would never win a fight with Pereira

LOL did you even watch the first fight? You know, the one where Izzy rocked him badly and would have finished him if he had 5 more seconds? You know, the fight he was 1 round removed from winning.

If you're saying that it doesnt matter because Pereira ended up finishing him, thats fine, but then you dont get to downplay the second fight to "Alex just got caught"
Yeah, i just about won the lottery too.

When Pereira gets on the gas, Izzy is forced to back up to the cage and endure a beating. Izzy cannot do that to Pereira. It should be very easy to see who is the better fighter.

Yet he still knocked Pereira dead in their last fight and sent him packing to 205

Fourth time was the charm!

Alex was moving up shortly regardless of the fight outcome, he stated as much prefight.

Now Izzy is the guy in the bar, after being dummied by Sean

Alex has to be the favorite come fight night. 3-1 and without cutting weight with recent activity and a championship win in the new weight class?

If the fight were to happen at LHW I don’t think so. I think Alex should be the favorite based on what we’ve seen at 205. If it’s at MW I think that’s right. They’re 1-1 (in mma) with Adesanya winning the most recent via devastating KO. He lost the first fight but it was close/he was winning (until he lost lol).

It’s a close fight either way

Wild odds. Could Israel win? Yes.

But everything about the timing of this favors Alex. He's better and healthier at LHW than he was before, meanwhile Israel is on a bit of a weird moment in his career, and doesn't have the best track record on the division above.

People will always disagree and bicker over which of the two is actually better, but it's honestly unbelievable to have Israel as favorite here when so much is stacked against him. At that point you're just disrespecting Pereira and what he's proven about his form at 205.

Not happening but Pereira > Blachowicz > Adesanya at LHW

Nothing changes the fact that Alex beat the crap out of Izzy in both UFC fights. Alex got caught. There's a big difference.

I think the odds are wrong too. But you're ignoring the fact that Izzy was winning their first MMA fight and was about to cruise to a decision win before he "got caught". Izzy was also destroying Alex in their second kickboxing fight before he "got caught".

I think the odds are wrong too. But you're ignoring the fact that Izzy was winning their first MMA fight and was about to cruise to a decision win before he "got caught". Izzy was also destroying Alex in their second kickboxing fight before he "got caught".
Izzy just got the crap kicked out of him by Strickland. Alex moved up and is the light heavyweight champion. I think we all know who's better.

Izzy just got the crap kicked out of him by Strickland. Alex moved up and is the light heavyweight champion. I think we all know who's better.
Well duh. Has nothing to do with what I said. But good for you.

Izzy won their final bout and it's just eating away at Alex knowing this.

His poor fans have been on meltdown about it ever since, talking about older fights like those ones are more relevant than the last one. Lol
One is a double champ, one almost got stopped by Strickland. Calm down, buddy.

Izzy won their final bout and it's just eating away at Alex knowing this.

His poor fans have been on meltdown about it ever since, talking about older fights like those ones are more relevant than the last one. Lol
…and what happened in Israel Adesanya’s last fight?

This is a fight I would never bet on. Been saying it since Alex UFC debut. This is just one of those fights that you need to stay the fuck away from betting wise.

Pavlovich/Aspinall was another.
Good post, although I was very, very confident Aspinall would beat Pav

Back