Media Israel Adesanya Says He ONLY Wants These Three Fights Before He Retires

Yeah I'm pretty sure he knows Poatan at LHW would batter him.
Izzy is 1-3 against Alex. Also Alex has beaten Sean (by a quick KO) and Jan and Israel had lost to both. Izzy is good enough to get an occasional win against Alex, maybe 10% of the time, but he is way more likely to lose.

His list sounds pretty good to me.

You do realize after tonight there may be no reason for Izzy to have that fight a top choice and Poatan may be begging Izzy to run it back? All the more reason to pipe down a taste?

Izzy was denying a rubber match immediately after winning, despite being 1-1 and 1-3 overall. That's what I was referencing, I have no idea what you're talking about with hypotheticals

They all make sense. Not sure that they will all happen, but if he's motivated the it's worth a shot

Bro is really gonna run from Poatan for his entire lifespan 🤣

Finally some common sense. All the sherdog keyboard warriors saying he's scared of Poatan after he knocked him the fuck out...lol

Exactly

He literally knocked the dude out. Not a close decision but cleaned his clock after Alex had just knocked him out before

Izzy ain’t afraid of nobody

Poatan was already 2-0 against him in kickboxing. Adesanya's last kickboxing fight was getting knocked out by Alex.

It was a big win for him and I don't blame him not wanting the fight again. You'd think he'd want one more though to prove he could best him more than once.

I also think the first fight they had in MMA was an okay stoppage. It was a decent amount of damage.

only a casual would reference Alex's most embarrassing moment as a win

Heres a fact for you, Alex and Izzy have over 100 kickboxing fights between them. To emphasize how rare a standing 8 count is - in all those 100+ fights it does not occur once. Every time Izzy or Alex was about to finish someone, the ref stood back and let what was going to happen, happen.

Except a one time, when Alex was fighting in Brazil, in front of a home crowd with a hometown ref. What an embarrassment.

The guys whole story is in part credit to this moment, to this hometown ref. And shows what a joke the "double champ" he is. The casuals buy that up. Hes a fn 1 time champ, 1 time charity case.

Credit to him now hes kicking ass at LHW, but he will always be Izzy's son. Imagine having this rivalry and knowing you needed a bias ref for it to even be competitive. And when you didn't have that.... you get KO'd cold.

There's a reason Izzy is content and Alex is asking for a 5th. They are fighters, they know who's better.

He KO'd him and they aren't in the same division anymore. Would be a little weird to call out someone you knocked clean out who isn't even in your division anymore.
Some dumb sherdoggers expecting him to run to 205 to chase a guy he just flatlined, while 185 is held by a guy he's been trying to fight for ages.

DDP is a great fight, and if Chimaev makes it that's a great style match-up.

Izzy got rid of his nightmare for a bit. Pereira not on this list is not a surprise. If he loses again, he's 1-4 and has that on his head again for the rest of his days.

the only thing in either of their heads is Alex can't beat Izzy without the help of a hometown ref or the luck of the bell.

Even at "0-3" Izzy was a significant betting favourite because of this fact.

And it played out exactly like that - the same way the other fights did - Izzy finding Alex's chin again first. Unlike the 2nd fight, no hometown ref to save him. Unlike the 3rd fight, no luck of the first round bell.

What was always going to happen, happened.

Alex is forever Izzy's son.

And heres how ridiculous that 2nd fight hometown ref saving poor Alex was - thats the only time in Alex and Izzy's combined 100+ kickboxing career a standing 8 count has occurred. It practically never happens in kickboxing, UNLESS something dodgy is going on like needing to save your hometown boy.

Sonned for all eternity by the shameful fact you only won off hometown bias. "double kickboxing champ" lmao.

He could easily move up to LHW for a crack at a second belt but he wants nothing to do with Alex again. He was getting pieces up pretty easily before he landed that Hail Mary shot.
Just like Pereira nearly got KO'd in round one of their first fight and was losing in the fifth before his 'Hail Mary comeback'.

Then ran to 205 after getting sent by Concorde to the shadow realm <lol>

lol…

All fights that I feel he should win.

I love Adesanya, but when he talks about wanting to build a legacy, these aren’t the guys he should be fighting…

I will never question a fighter who decides to hang them up, but there are just so many more fun and interesting fights out there for him than what he mentioned.

Just like Pereira nearly got KO'd in round one of their first fight and was losing in the fifth before his 'Hail Mary comeback'.

Then ran to 205 after getting sent by Concorde to the shadow realm <lol>
Ran to 205 to beat Jan, which Izzy lost to, won a second belt, which Izzy couldn’t, and defended it, which Izzy never will.
Funny how Izzy had no issue moving up to challenge Jan for the title, but wants fuck all to do with Poatan as the champ. 😂

No fight with Poatan at 205lbs? I guess 1 of out 4 will have to do...

Ran to 205 to beat Jan, which Izzy lost to, won a second belt, which Izzy couldn’t, and defended it, which Izzy never will.
Funny how Izzy had no issue moving up to challenge Jan for the title, but wants fuck all to do with Poatan as the champ. 😂

Izzy never had to rely on the charity of hometown ref to save him when hes TKO'd on the feet.

Every single fight Izzy has landed on Alex first and had him in trouble... it was only a matter of time Alex's luck ran out and no ref or bell to save him.

Hey hes doing great at 205, good for him, but thats where he belongs - we has taller and broader than Hill last night

But vs Izzy, hes Izzy's son.

He should be.

Alex put Izzy on a stretcher with oxygen tanks.

Thats a graphic that fools gullible fans, and being a sherdogger that includes you.

Its a precaution in Brazil, Izzy was up withing 30 secs congradulating Alex's corner.

Vs Izzy Ko'd Alex, the camera has to pan away for over a minute, and even 90 secs after Alex still looks lost.

I can post videos of both to verify if you really want to be put in your place, up top you.

Back