International Israel vs. Palestine Discussion- War of 2014, v2: Israel Withdraws from Gaza

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe or don't believe it, but Osama Bin Laden said he decided to launch a major attack against America because of all the bases we put in Saudi Arabia after Desert Storm. Nothing to do with Israel there.

No actually one of the main reasons was the U.S. support of Israel.

Zionist terrorist and Israeli military advisor claims there is no such thing as an innocent civilian Gaza.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4554583,00.html

He is telling the truth. And you don't like it. So you try to legitimize anything he says by calling him a terrorist.

Obviously not all the people of Gaza are active participants in the Hamas activities but the support for Hamas is huge over there. They did get elected into power after all.

The UN is a joke. Nothing but countries with the worst human rights violations pointing fingers at israel. It's nothing but a new hate fest.
UN let's hamas build bombs in their walls, and stash weapons in their buildings.
The last dumb thing to come out of the UN was that Israel is to blame if a Palestinian man beats his wife.

If it weren't for American military and political support, Israel wouldn't be so brazen in its apartheid and killing.

That veto at the UN is worth more than the $3 billion dollars it uses to inflict terror.

He is telling the truth. And you don't like it. So you try to legitimize anything he says by calling him a terrorist.

Obviously not all the people of Gaza are active participants in the Hamas activities but the support for Hamas is huge over there. They did get elected into power after all.

collective punishment isnt very appealing to most ppl. Myself included and i support Israel more than most.

The same reasons were given for 9/11, "collective punishment" like the average American really gives 2 shits either way over most of these American wars or gov's since ww2.

To think its any different in Palestine is silly. The average Palestinian wants what humans all over the world want.

As far as the $ aid and diplomatic aid, i would agree the diplomatic aid comes in much more handy these days. Im still not of the thought process that America spends the $ and gives the aid for no reason and has recieved nothing in return. Israel is America's launching pad into the ME and can do things that America simply cant do, spy in ways America simply cannot spy. Im betting they use Israeli intelligence pretty regularly when dealing with matters in the ME. Its a good ally to have in a region where you have lots of resource interests and not much stability.

I think you need to relook the definition of legitimize.

If we're playing that game, then Israeli Jewish civilians are fair game as well. They did repeatedly vote in an expansionist, apartheid, occupation government for about 50 years.

collective punishment isnt very appealing to most ppl. Myself included and i support Israel more than most.

The same reasons were given for 9/11, "collective punishment" like the average American really gives 2 shits either way over most of these American wars or gov's since ww2.

To think its any different in Palestine is silly. The average Palestinian wants what humans all over the world want.

As far as the $ aid and diplomatic aid, i would agree the diplomatic aid comes in much more handy these days. Im still not of the thought process that America spends the $ and gives the aid for no reason and has recieved nothing in return. Israel is America's launching pad into the ME and can do things that America simply cant do, spy in ways America simply cannot spy. Im betting they use Israeli intelligence pretty regularly when dealing with matters in the ME. Its a good ally to have in a region where you have lots of resource interests and not much stability.

Israel is NOT doing collective punishments. There a lot of issues with fighting a militant group that hides within a civilian group. One of it is the killing of civilians and restrictions that unfortunately have to come with the security needs such as travel restriction and for instance, the transfer of cement as it is taken from the civilian population and used to build tunnels.

It does sometimes look like collective punishment but one very interesting thing I saw on the social networks is how most Israelis, throughout this conflict, understand that the civilian population is supportive of the Hamas however feels sorry for the civilians and does not blame them.

Hezbollah condemns ISIS and I'm pretty sure treat the Christians of Lebanon just fine. They're pretty good all things considered. Unless I'm missing something of course.

Yeah, Hezbollah are real stand-up dudes.

Unfortunately, as they've recently admitted, they're currently balls-deep in the Syrian conflict helping Assad slaughter Sunni Muslim Arabs (likely including Palestinians there*) on the orders of their Iranian masters and are stretched too thin to get back to their bread and butter of trying to kill Jews.

There's just not enough hours in the day, even for the "Party of God".

(*Hilariously, this hasn't stopped western Jew-haters from flying Hezbollah flags at recent demos that were ostensibly "pro-Palestinian".)

LOL, so all Gazan civilians are fair play because of Hamas but all Israeli civilians are innocents when their party in power has in its charter the destruction of any idea of a state of palestine?

Dat double standards

Unfortunately, as they've recently admitted, they're currently balls-deep in the Syrian conflict helping Assad slaughter Sunni Muslim Arabs (likely including Palestinians there*) on the orders of their Iranian masters and are stretched too thin to get back to their bread and butter of trying to kill Jews.

(*Hilariously, this hasn't stopped western Jew-haters from flying Hezbollah flags at recent demos that were ostensibly "pro-Palestinian".)

Most of the resistance in Syria is from radical Jihadi groups like Nusra Front and ISIS. So yeah, I don't lose any sleep over their demise.

The UN is a joke. Nothing but countries with the worst human rights violations pointing fingers at israel. It's nothing but a new hate fest.
UN let's hamas build bombs in their walls, and stash weapons in their buildings.
The last dumb thing to come out of the UN was that Israel is to blame if a Palestinian man beats his wife.

There has been no evidence that the UN lets Hamas build stashes in their facilities, there was one abandoned school which had weapons but UN inspectors found them and removed them.

Stop inventing crap.

Israel is NOT doing collective punishments. There a lot of issues with fighting a militant group that hides within a civilian group. One of it is the killing of civilians and restrictions that unfortunately have to come with the security needs such as travel restriction and for instance, the transfer of cement as it is taken from the civilian population and used to build tunnels.

It does sometimes look like collective punishment but one very interesting thing I saw on the social networks is how most Israelis, throughout this conflict, understand that the civilian population is supportive of the Hamas however feels sorry for the civilians and does not blame them.

Yes it does.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_demolition_in_the_Israeli-Palestinian_conflict

Also not even Assad, Hezbollah or Russia has such a shitty civilian to combatant ratio.

Syrian civil war which is by far more violent and gritty than the current Gaza was has something like 30% of civilian casualties.

Chloe Valdary, a feisty pro-Israel campaigner, lays the smackdown on western students who debase themselves as apologists for anti-Jewish terrorism. She adopts a commendable approach from the perspective of the black civil rights movement and its pro-Zionist history.

To the Students for Justice in Palestine, a Letter From an Angry Black Woman (Tablet magazine)

And all of those were not alive to see the Israeli occupation, so whats the point?

Nobody claims that Israel proper is a terrible state (only their current government is) .

I wonder how those folk would had reacted to

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=654814

Chloe Valdary, a feisty pro-Israel campaigner, lays the smackdown on western students who debase themselves as apologists for anti-Jewish terrorism. She adopts a commendable approach from the perspective of the black civil rights movement and its pro-Zionist history.

To the Students for Justice in Palestine, a Letter From an Angry Black Woman (Tablet magazine)

it isn't anti jewish you nut case, it's anti apartheid.

note the jews make it "anti jewish" so they can play the race card when it has nothing what so ever to do with it? YOU identify yourselves as jewish, we identify you as a bunch of pricks who are committed to stealing the rest of palestine and apartheid.

In the "Peace and Security" chapter of the Likud Party platform, a recent document (1999) it says initially that:

"Peace is a primary objective of the State of Israel. The Likud will strengthen the existing peace agreements with the Arab states and strive to achieve peace agreements with all of Israel

btw, not ONE jewish poster has addressed the likud charter, gee i wonder why. :rolleyes:

Most of the resistance in Syria is from radical Jihadi groups like Nusra Front and ISIS. So yeah, I don't lose any sleep over their demise.

I hope you aren't losing sleep in the Israel Gaza conflict, then. After all, Hamas is being driven out. Both have outrageous civilian deaths, but you're ok with that.

Syrian civil war which is by far more violent and gritty than the current Gaza was has something like 30% of civilian casualties.

In fairness:
a) the civilian to combatant ratio in Gaza is probably a good 10% better than what is being reported by the Gazan Health Ministry. Israel always come out with numbers after the war by monitoring funerals and hospital records, and it's always 20% better than Hamas claims. Truth is somewhere in the middle.
b) A lot of battles are being fought in barren areas or small villages. Impromptu forts are set up. Hamas is using an entire fucking cramped city as their battle fort.
c) The Russian Afghan War caused almost a merely people to be killed, with under 100,000 militants killed. Might not want to bring them into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back