Izzy had nothing for Strickland

Might had been shook after the early knockdown. He never seemed to sit down on anything or press forward more than a step or two.

Might had been shook after the early knockdown. He never seemed to sit down on anything or press forward more than a step or two.
Sean was literally a couple punches away from knocking him out. For Izzy to get caught that way while fresh already told me he was in for a long night

Honestly think that the defensive clinic Strickland put on tonight was the best in MMA history.

im hard pressed to name a guy who made a striker that top shelf look bad.

Man, add Strickland to the RDA and Do Bronx champ list where I just counted them out only to eat crow shit haha. What an enigma and why MMA is dope. As someone who knew about Strickland since TUF 11 era (he beat Josh Bryant back when I would occasionally check how the career of former TUF alumni were doing), I did not see this coming.

It's possible that Izzy underestimated Strickland. But CKB usually does a good job of gameplanning so I wonder if Izzy maybe had an undisclosed injury?

Izzy is still a young prospect. This is a small setback, he will win in a rematch and make a run at 205.

seans whole style shuts down izzy's. I always thought his style would match well into his..

It's possible that Izzy underestimated Strickland. But CKB usually does a good job of gameplanning so I wonder if Izzy maybe had an undisclosed injury?

Maybe just maybe Strickland was just better tonight?

Reactions: Kb7
Even before the knockdown in round 1 Izzy seemed to look lost against Sean's defense.

He barely landed anything for 5 whole rounds and just got beat up easily lol.

I don't even know if I scored that 2nd for Izzy.

Fight should have been stopped in 1st when Gizzy turned his back to Sean for multiple seconds during the onslaught. Goddard was too busy on his game boy to notice though

Izzy sucks. So glad with the result.

Izzy looked small
Tired from backing up
Couldn't find a counter
had no space to create feints or combos

Stricklands style just beats his.
This, styles make fights, and Izzys countering with feints had nothing for Strickland's cage cutting and pure walking down pressure, plus Strickland's straight punchs were able to land while Izzy tried to lean back to evade (which he often uses to counter also), thus nullifying his game plan.

Plus Sticklands defense was clearly underrated, I've always thought his defense was pretty good but his shoulder role and Porier like elbow blocking while keeping his hands close to his chin was looking great tonight, Izzy just couldnt hit his head and didnt go to the body enough.

That and he was seemingly more willing to throw hard tonight

Willing to bet that Strickland training with Alex Pereira also helped him figure out Adesanya's style. He must have trained his defense based on Alex's feedback.

Exactly that, the second fight showed clearly how to defeat adesanya on the first round, he never evolved his game

Back