Izzy is acting so different this time

Pereira beat him twice and knocked him out the last time they fought. This is someone he’s lost to. It would be weirder if he was all cocky acting like it never happened.

Izzy has been my favorite fighter for years now, but it’s clear Alex is in his head a bit.. as others have said, that doesn’t mean izzy will lose.

It does mean that izzy is nervous tho, as I’m sure most of us ( his fans ) are. I haven’t been this nervous for an izzy fight since Whittaker 1.

he's gonna be a lot more chill when he's out cold, 1st Marty and now Izzy, I cant wait
Francis is next too. He got lucky against Gane, but next time Gane will be expecting the unexpected and it will be all over for francis.

He's gonna Ngannou n pray to a decision

Alex saying 'look at me' during the stare down was like a villain out of a movie. Scary stuff.

The press conference was so much different than his usual shtick. He was quiet, didn't talk or hype himself as much and mentioned in other interviews that this will be different, that alex should be the favorite and the fight will be unlike anything else before. He almost always shows off his nail polish before fights but he didn't this time.
Big fan and while I wouldn't say Izzy is scared, he's definitely nervous. Dude was looking around in the staredown until Alex told him to look at him. It took a while for Izzy to respond to that.
Hype. Don't know how this nervoureness will translate into the cage but Izzy knows this fight will be different. What do you think? haven't seen a shook thread on here so for those who watched the conference, what do you think?
The masses complained that he was too chatty
He comes out less chatty this time and there is still something to be said..

I think he knows if he doesn't put on a good performance and its close come decision time, the UFC brass doesnt have his back anymore.

I hate being a shookologist but I'm not gonna lie Izzy looked nervous at the staredown. I could be super wrong but just my impression.

Francis is next too. He got lucky against Gane, but next time Gane will be expecting the unexpected and it will be all over for francis.

cant really expect the unexpected otherwise it would be expected

I'm a big Izzy fan but I wouldn't blame him at all for being nervous. 5 title defenses and clearing out the division and your worst nightmare shows up. Can't imagine the pressure the dude has on his shoulders.
This is a DANGEROUS matchup.

Let's be honest, most of Izzy's title fights haven't really had a lot of danger to him.
Even a puncher's chance is so minimal on a guy taller than everyone with exception head movement.

But... That is not the case this fight.

This guy can hurt Izzy.

This guy HAS hurt Izzy.

If I recall correctly Izzy was stretchered out and put on oxygen and out for a decent amount of time.

If his kickboxing record is legit then that is the solo KO in over 100 pro combat sports matches. That's pretty amazing. But, that one KO, it was a DOOZY.

There also got to be some added pressure that if Izzy wins this he is likely coasting thru his next few title defenses but if he loses he is gonna be 0-3 vs Poatan.
Who would be champ.

I don't think anyone is scared but it's good showmanship by Alex. Israel has this oppressed story he tells regarding growing up in New Zealand as a minority. It's an underdog story. You can see it in his tattoos too. Usually Israel shows up with a lot of jewelry but this time he is just wearing the pearl necklace. Alex shows up in a traditional native getup for a title fight.

izzy is too cringe to be scary

yet in reality half his opponents have shelled up and been scared to engage

Meanwhile Strickland walks down Pereira with his hands at his waist. And then a while later Cannonier is down 4 rounds, needs to go for it and try and win the fight.... does nothing.

Look at what Yoel was reduced to

Perception and reality are two very different things

The press conference was so much different than his usual shtick. He was quiet, didn't talk or hype himself as much and mentioned in other interviews that this will be different, that alex should be the favorite and the fight will be unlike anything else before. He almost always shows off his nail polish before fights but he didn't this time.
Big fan and while I wouldn't say Izzy is scared, he's definitely nervous. Dude was looking around in the staredown until Alex told him to look at him. It took a while for Izzy to respond to that.
Hype. Don't know how this nervoureness will translate into the cage but Izzy knows this fight will be different. What do you think? haven't seen a shook thread on here so for those who watched the conference, what do you think?

If you ever got punched in your life sparring, you know that it's no joke.

Alex is being fast tracked but ufc have seen the fans evacuating in masses last time out with Izy coasting.

I think Izy is bad ass taking a fight vs a guy he's on a 0-2 skid with including a brutal KO.

It's human. To be nervous before a fight and more so after a brutal KO. Imagine bisping rematching TRT Hendo after ufc 100?

That's pretty terrifying. I find Izy Cringe but bad ass and big ups to him taking this fight.

yet in reality half his opponents have shelled up and been scared to engage

Meanwhile Strickland walks down Pereira with his hands at his waist. And then a while later Cannonier is down 4 rounds, needs to go for it and try and win the fight.... does nothing.

Look at what Yoel was reduced.

<TrumpWrong1>

Fans mass evacuated the building in the Cannonier fight in the 3rd. It was that boring. Izy on his bicycle vs a 40 year old ggatekeeper. There waa 0 attempt to sit down on punches or put on a show.

Alex isn't going to let him bicycle. There's a bogus highway robbery decision unless Alex hits him into orbit. I hope for a good competitive fight.

<TrumpWrong1>

Fans mass evacuated the building in the Cannonier fight in the 3rd. It was that boring. Izy on his bicycle vs a 40 year old ggatekeeper. There waa 0 attempt to sit down on punches or put on a show.

Alex isn't going to let him bicycle. There's a bogus highway robbery decision unless Alex hits him into orbit. I hope for a good competitive fight.

hahah your own interpretation betrays you

0 attempts at sit down punches or to put on a show.... so basically all Jared had to fear was pitter patter point fight jabs and kicks? - yet he still in a defensive shell.

why.... because hes scared.

theres a saying... actions speak louder than words, what where Jareds actions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back