Izzy's speech was classless and made him look bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was genuinely concerned about what Du Plessis was going to say here.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-at-11.33.22-PM.png
lots of acne

Considering that Adesanya is a world champion fighter at the highest level, largely undefeated, undoubtedly incredibly brave and tough, famous and extremely wealthy at a young age, arguably good looking and relatively charismatic … he’s unbelievably insecure! Really unusual for his level of accomplishments and his field of work.

Colonialism, is that something Izzy said?
Just like the Maori colonized NZ? He's in NZ, he should know that but i bet he doesn't.
Yes, when the Maori arrived there were already indigenous people living in NZ. They killed so many of them, even ate some, and took their land. These people ended up fleeing to some tiny islands off the east coast of NZ. The Maori were colonialists, yet people are given the impression only whities are.

Constantly screaming the n word is bad enough, but to make it worse, the n word is an African American slang, it has nothing to do with Africans or Izzy who moved to New Zealand at a young age.

He is literally complaining about colonialism but here he is appropriating another culture that isn't his. Dricus was born and raised in Africa, and him saying he is the only African fighter to fight out of Africa isn't wrong. Usman is an American, Izzy is a Kiwi and Ngannou is/was French.

Apparently its okay to be openly racist to people as long as they aren't black. Izzy is running with the racist rhetoric because its what will bring attention to the fight sadly enough.

DDP was the first to race bait tho. Can't wait to see the build up of that fight. We'll see a lot of thread like that with racial tensions.

Last edited:
Man, relatively not too long ago I was in an area where everyone was using the N-word on a regular basis - I've seen/heard Asian people call Mexicans N, Mexicans call white and black folks N - that's how it was for a minute it was just thrown around and no one really seemed to care.

I'm not American but I find that word really stupid. No one should use it, africans americans include. It trivializes that racist term.

Izzy finishing by "I will show you where you're from."
Izzy wants to win this fight, right ? So, according to Izzy, DDP is not a real african because he doesn't have the right DNA, and he will prove it by making him lose.
When the hell will these sort of people get fined or even jailed for their blatant racism ? Adesanya have millions of followers, when will the authority understand the danger of such a speech in public opinion ?

Unfortunately DDP starded that shit. If he hadn't started that real africans non sense, Izzy wouldn't even have talked about it. Now there is racial tensions in the build up of the fight.

DDP was the first to race bait tho. Can't wait to see the made up of that fight. We'll see a lot of thread like that with racial tensions.
The guy just said he wanted to be the first UFC Champion to be based in Africa as the others train elsewhere and teh guy is saying that since he signed in the UFC. I don't know where you see race bait

Yet Du Plessis has never been denied housing, a job, loan, been followed around stores incessantly for no reason (We dont expect you Mark Zuckerberg look-alikes to understand this as it is not your reality and you cant relate)
I understand your point, but you can't speak for a specific persons life.

Unfortunately DDP starded that shit. If he hadn't started that real africans non sense, Izzy wouldn't even have talked about it. Now there is racial tensions in the build up of the fight.
If he never said it .. he wouldn’t have got on Izzy’s radar or booked the Rob fight ..

It’s a sleazy game the fight business, what do u expect

Last edited:
He still one of the few people I have heard ask questions at the presser concerning Jeff Eps. That’s garnered enough good will with me. I’ll allow him to use common rap lingo as he wishes.

The man is a flaming fruitcake. Zero class. Helluva fighter though
l@nd0

If never said it .. he wouldn’t have got on Izzy’s radar or booked the Rob fight ..

It’s a sleazy game the fight business, what do u expect

Lol in that case peoples shouldn't complain about the way that situation has escalated. It's only the beginning. Socials medias and that board will be a shit storm.

Izzy becoming the new cringe king.

I was cringing hard when he started talking about DNA. That was so cringe - it's racist but I don't think he meant it in a racist way it was just his way of insulting him ohh you're born in SA but your ancestors aren't. That is the dumbest fucking insult ever.

The frosted tips. Just the whole thing he's become is lame as fuck.

Lol in that case peoples shouldn't complain about the way that situation has escalated. It's only the beginning. Socials medias and that board will be a shit storm.
I don’t .. people forgot this is the company that owns a slapping comp… it’s all about money that’s it ..once you accept this, you’ll be free

The guy just said he wanted to be the first UFC Champion to be based in Africa as the others train elsewhere and teh guy is saying that since he signed in the UFC. I don't know where you see race bait

It's a sensible subject. Some africans fighters moved because they had no opportunities in their homeland. Knowing the south africans history and afrikaners privileges back in the day, DDP words may sound inappropriate because he wasn't in Ngannou's situation for instance. Even today, there are maybe some difference in living comfort between both side in south africans. But I don't want to start that subject. It's not the appropriate place.

DDP should have given Izzy’s gyno the ol’ purple nurple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back