Jack is still great

Jack is a good fighter but I don't think he will surpass Fedor or be the GOAT

Great? No. Great fighters adjust and finish a gassed out short notice debut guy there

Lol. Will see you fellas when he smokes Brady. Y'all will be back on the train. He smokes Randy Brown like nothing, all flowers. He has a bad night, everyone turns their back on him. MMA fans are horrid.
Just as horrid as Jacks fight IQ last night

Great? No. Great fighters adjust and finish a gassed out short notice debut guy there

Khabib was a great fighter and fought Al Iaquinta on short notice, still couldn't get him out of there. Short notice matchups can be tougher than expected. People need to relax about this fight for JDM lol, it's not the end of the world.

the scoring for TDs with no real damage or fight close submission finishes is getting out of hand. in no way did hafez who was getting fucking worked and on the way to being finished with huge body shots should win the round with a TD and pass. that being said, JDM showed some real real shit fight IQ tonight

Khabib was a great fighter and fought Al Iaquinta on short notice, still couldn't get him out of there. Short notice matchups can be tougher than expected. People need to relax about this fight for JDM lol, it's not the end of the world.

Al was a legit ranked guy. And Khabib didn't lose a minute of that fight, let alone go to a split decision.

I don't know why people do this everytime. A great prospect faces a bit of adversity -- "Got exposed lmao, he was never any good!" It was Arman a few weeks ago, now JDM.

Two weight cuts, short notice opponent. Hafez looked like a MW there. Jack underestimated him and got taken down in the first round. In the second round, he didn't get taken down. So no, his wrestling didn't get "exposed." He was beating tf out of Hafez in the third round. So no, his cardio didn't get "exposed." His fight IQ needs some work tho. Unnecessary sub attempts really hurt him in this fight. He didn't need to do that but he really wanted a finish so he went for it. Clearly won the fight as well. Betting odds were like -900 in favor of JDM at the end of the third round. Clearly won the second round, don't know why people argue about this. Damage > control, Hafez didn't do shit with his control. And it was JDM's sub attempt that got him down anyway.

And Hafez is surprisingly good. Clearly belongs in the UFC.

He definitely won the fight IMO and prioritizing TDD > hopeless guillotines shouldn’t be difficult. Would not want him fighting Usman or Colby right now but he’s still on track to crack into the back end of the top ten.

Jack will be alright. It was a short notice fight and as mentioned he had to cut weight two weeks in a row. No that doesn’t excuse the mistakes he made but in the end I’m sure he’ll be better because of this fight

He's a fun fighter to watch even though tonight was frustrating. As far as champ materiel goes, that's a strong no from me.

He's only 26 sir, I think he can improve dramatically if he works hard enough for it.
His fight IQ on the other hand I'm not sure he can make that much better tbh

Last edited:
I don't know why people do this everytime. A great prospect faces a bit of adversity -- "Got exposed lmao, he was never any good!" It was Arman a few weeks ago, now JDM.

Two weight cuts, short notice opponent. Hafez looked like a MW there. Jack underestimated him and got taken down in the first round. In the second round, he didn't get taken down. So no, his wrestling didn't get "exposed." He was beating tf out of Hafez in the third round. So no, his cardio didn't get "exposed." His fight IQ needs some work tho. Unnecessary sub attempts really hurt him in this fight. He didn't need to do that but he really wanted a finish so he went for it. Clearly won the fight as well. Betting odds were like -900 in favor of JDM at the end of the third round. Clearly won the second round, don't know why people argue about this. Damage > control, Hafez didn't do shit with his control. And it was JDM's sub attempt that got him down anyway.

And Hafez is surprisingly good. Clearly belongs in the UFC.
I thought his performance in round 3 proved to me he is still a solid prospect. His mistakes were very fixable in my opinion. I felt JDM lost, but honestly his stock didn't lower for me. Bassil is a fuckin dog though and a beast of an athlete. There aren't many guys who can shoot from that far out, telegraphed or not, and have that type of penetration. That's so much harder to do than it looks.

The body punching flurries could be put to Phil Collins’ In the Air Tonight drum intro.

I don't think we should be comparing Hafez to Al just yet, maybe Horcher in any case who Khabib did finish.

Performance was definitely not the end of the world nor a reason to jump off the hype train, but it does serve as a reminder that maybe we should cool the jets on the mid twenties Australian striker from a small camp. There's a decent chance he goes the way of Tumenov when he goes up against the better grapplers at WW.

Give Hafez some credit here, he was clipping JDM in the pocket as well

Sean Brady doesn’t shoot doubles from across the cage so it would have been a whole different fight but after seeing last night Sean Brady may have subbed JDM if he got him on the floor. Hafez locked in an early arm-triangle with little defensive effort.

Hope they re-book the fight

Big difference between Armans last performance and JDMs tonight. Arman dominated every second until he got clipped and wobbled for a few seconds, whereas Hafez exposed some fundamental flaws in JDMs game.

If a guy like Hafez could get deep on the hips at will, imagine what Belal/Colby/Brady/Shavkat/Usman would do to him.
They wrestlefuck him at will, of course.
<seedat>

He trains at a hole in the wall gym, very few BJJ black belts, no wrestlers, no Sambo. The 2nd and 3rd best fighters at his gym wouldn't ever make it on the contender series. It's a real issue, if Jack wants to improve he needs to do his camps elsewhere, like with Volk.
Is it really that bad? It's right around the block from me
Strange he trains so close to me aha I've trained there too but never took it seriously

It is pretty small but don't know enough about it

Is it really that bad? It's right around the block from me
Strange he trains so close to me aha I've trained there too but never took it seriously

It is pretty small but don't know enough about it

This is a tough question. Is it bad for a fighter who's on the cusp of breaking into the top 10 of world rankings? Yeah I'd say so. Look at the teammates and coaching staff at other gyms and networks with they have for cross training, the average fighter at Jacks level is at a far more comprehensive gym, regularly training with way more accomplished teammates.

Look at Umar Nurmagomedov trains in Dagestan, Vegas at XTreme Couture and AKA. he's training with guys like Javid and Farid Basharat and Patchy Mix to help prepare for Sandhagens body type when at Xtreme and he has guys on his team like Amru and Usman who have similar heights, lengths and speed to Sandhagen too. He has ADCC competitors to roll with, Sambo champs, MMA champs etc etc and just a long list of coaching staff. Sandhagen too, brings in Thanh Le and Sergio Pettis to prepare for Umar's striking, has a 5'8 D1 wrestler to help work with for the camp and he worked in a couple Tajiks from the look of it who train in Russia to help him too, I'm going to assume they probably have Sambo and or Wrestling backgrounds. Similar size to Umar but a little bigger to make sure he's ready for his strength. This is the preparation that should and does go into camps at this level.

Jacks gym from what I've seen has his brother who's a 4-3 regional fighter and one of his main training partners, Rod Costa who's a 7-5 regional fighter and I'm not sure if it's Costa but there's a solid BJJ black belt competitor from the Aus scene who trains there and I believe has some fights. But I know nothing about the coaches and the only successful fighter that gym has produced is...Jack himself.

This is a tough question. Is it bad for a fighter who's on the cusp of breaking into the top 10 of world rankings? Yeah I'd say so. Look at the teammates and coaching staff at other gyms and networks with they have for cross training, the average fighter at Jacks level is at a far more comprehensive gym, regularly training with way more accomplished teammates.

Look at Umar Nurmagomedov trains in Dagestan, Vegas at XTreme Couture and AKA. he's training with guys like Javid and Farid Basharat and Patchy Mix to help prepare for Sandhagens body type when at Xtreme and he has guys on his team like Amru and Usman who have similar heights, lengths and speed to Sandhagen too. He has ADCC competitors to roll with, Sambo champs, MMA champs etc etc and just a long list of coaching staff. Sandhagen too, brings in Thanh Le and Sergio Pettis to prepare for Umar's striking, has a 5'8 D1 wrestler to help work with for the camp and he worked in a couple Tajiks from the look of it who train in Russia to help him too, I'm going to assume they probably have Sambo and or Wrestling backgrounds. Similar size to Umar but a little bigger to make sure he's ready for his strength. This is the preparation that should and does go into camps at this level.

Jacks gym from what I've seen has his brother who's a 4-3 regional fighter and one of his main training partners, Rod Costa who's a 7-5 regional fighter and I'm not sure if it's Costa but there's a solid BJJ black belt competitor from the Aus scene who trains there and I believe has some fights. But I know nothing about the coaches and the only successful fighter that gym has produced is...Jack himself.
Yeah you're totally right man

I spoke to one of them there and they said Jack's been training with them since he was 14-16 I believe
I asked does he still come in much
They said all the time he's always here never stops training

Was making me wonder like will he ever move to another gym to evolve or be like McGregor and remain loyal... Hmm

Back