News Jake Paul signs for PFL, also now part owner, promises 50% of revenue to go to fighters.

Thought this already happened? I'll believe it when I see it

https://www.mmamania.com/2022/1/7/22872977/ufc-jake-paul-advanced-talks-pfl-mma-debut-2022

And anyway he gets recked in MMA he can't wrestle worth a fuck

i remember i said on this video jake has real potential to be a fighter because without trying he hurt the guy. hes way way smaller than jake but without being that serious i was just like if he put the time in he would do decent. well fast forward and here we are.
to bad hes not playing the sport fairly but yeah if you think this clip means he'd do bad in mma you are wrong. this is the clip where i said this guy can be a fighter if he wants. may be surprised by that after watching it but then watch it a few times.
i'd be shocked if jake could do well in jiujitsu competition with real finishers or wrestling with top level guys but in mma game plan and conditioning will get him somewhere.

ew i see the plan is to fight diaz. dudes a lw whos to tall to be a lw. looks like he will beat down diaz in mma and boxing if diaz agrees lol.

He'll fight some journeyman or washed up fighter, just like he does in boxing.
I'm stuck like glue watching
d4vpfuu-bdbec9af-ac01-4431-8172-552d3caf0746.gif

Great so "influencers" can ruin mma now along with boxing.
Every time I see that gorgeous fucking avatar of yours, I'm gonna like whatever you post. Even if you're posting something pro-Conor, I just can't help myself.
<NewGina>

"In the Super Fight division, fighters will earn at least 50 percent of the pay-per-view revenue."

How would this work? The two fighters who are the super fight would receive 50% of the PPV? Or is this to be distributed to everyone who is in card that has a super fight?

Every time I see that gorgeous fucking avatar of yours, I'm gonna like whatever you post. Even if you're posting something pro-Conor, I just can't help myself.
<NewGina>

I would never post pro Conor so no worries. Its so old though he only has 5 rings up.

for sure thought he'd wait till his boxing career was on the downside before trying this. Lets see if it really happens though. I assume deal calls for him to fight to get piece of the company so if thats the case then he probably will fight. Cant see him getting a piece for just promoting fighters on social media and being an ambassador for the brand.

Whats interesting is he went with them over Bellator who has a Showtime deal/owned by Viacom and Coker said he would sign him. After having a down year and PFL having a good year they are making moves atleast. COuld see PFL being number 2 in next two years.

50% of revenue for fighters is a great thing but how much do these events sell, does everyone on the PPV card get a piece, what share of it? Cant see it being equal share esp if you have a star on the card like Jake Paul or something.

Surprised no PFL number for first event leaked, that shit must have been really bad cause if it were good they'd leak that shit.

He’ll fight some of the worst fighters known to man cannot wait for Jake Paul’s mma debut against CM Punk

"In the Super Fight division, fighters will earn at least 50 percent of the pay-per-view revenue."

How would this work? The two fighters who are the super fight would receive 50% of the PPV? Or is this to be distributed to everyone who is in card that has a super fight?

I read that as the two fighters would get the split, not everyone on the card.

gonna laugh if the pfl fighters pay is even lower, since the pfl doesn't seem to actually make money. i'm not sure what % they already received of revenue. wouldn't surprise me if it was way over 50 already ( revenue doesn't mean much without profits)

but whatever. good move, regardless of trololol or not.

That's literally the best thing that could've happened to the UFC.
PFL payed good money and established a brand with the name Professional Fighters League. Now they can go back to Amateur fights for PPV main events and call themselves AFL.
I don't even see how it would be allowed for a stakeholder to take part in sanctioned competition. That's a hard conflict of interest. Weird stuff.

Back