Jake Paul vs Askren / Boxing MEGA Discussion

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’ve seen countless nobodies step into the ring with world class prize fighters and spar rounds with them, despite the prize fighter trying to get them out of there's

There’s simply no chance an average Joe is going 4 rounds with Mayweather. Have you ever seen Pro’s vs Joe’s? Arturo Gatti was toying with average gym goers about 50lbs bigger than him and dropping them with every shot he threw, while wearing 18oz gloves.

I think you’re missing a bit of perspective here. Floyd being a points fighter against an elite level boxer does not mean he’s going to be a point fighter against an average Joe. He walks forward with his guard up and does exactly what he wants, getting the guy out of there whenever he wants, with whatever shot he wants, basically. Look how nonchalantly he fought McGregor and then cos doer what McGregor would do to the average Joe.

Agree re the last paragraph. He stepped up the pace gradually, but could’ve done so early or if he really wanted to. He couldn’t do that against an entire boxer for sure. Against an average Joe though? He sets the pace as he wants it and wades forward without a care in the world. He would land with literally every power shot he through.

I can assure you, an average Joe could walk into my amateur boxing gym just now and have absolutely no chance of going 4 rounds with the best welterweight there, let alone Mayweather.

Did you see Pernell Whitaker on pros vs Joe's? I think that's my general point. Whitaker was struggling and getting roughed up.... Gatti killed them all, but in boxing Whitaker is 10x the fighter Gatti is. Same idea.

Getting someone out of there implies risk. Not total average bums, but average guys in good shape who are hobbyists can definitely survive without being knocked out against weak punching boxers.

Wanna let me know about any welterweight Mayweather hurt at all in his 15 fights in the division? Other than punching someone who literally wasn't looking.

Did you see Pernell Whitaker on pros vs Joe's? I think that's my general point. Whitaker was struggling and getting roughed up.... Gatti killed them all, but in boxing Whitaker is 10x the fighter Gatti is. Same idea.

Getting someone out of there implies risk. Not total average bums, but average guys in good shape who are hobbyists can definitely survive without being knocked out against weak punching boxers.

Wanna let me know about any welterweight Mayweather hurt at all in his 15 fights in the division? Other than punching someone who literally wasn't looking.

I didn’t see Whitaker get roughed up at all - I saw him having fun with it, which is exactly what a trained fighter is meant to do vs an average gym goer with no boxing experience. Gatti killing them all was a shitebag move, all things considered, but gives you an idea of how badly pros can hurt them. Now consider that Floyd gave Gatti the beating of a lifetime and stopped him in 6 rounds. You’re seriously telling me he couldn’t get the guys that Gatti was dropping with every punch out of there within 4?

Getting someone out of there should not imply risk. It’s not risky for a BJJ black belt to look for a submission against a average Joe. It’s not risky for a elite judoka to look for an ippon against an average Joe. It’s not risky for an elite boxer to look for a KO. The gap is literally so large that if they look for it, they’ll get it pretty much immediately.

The fact that Floyd can’t hurt elite level boxing welterweight is utterly irrelevant to a conversation about what he would do to an average Joe, and shows a very flawed thought process. Do you watch elite level judokas or wrestlers spent minutes at a time posting and grip fighting and assume that they couldn’t through the average joe over their shoulder like a sack of spuds?

Literally had 15,000 fans screaming his name. More people cared about that than watching Anthony Smith fight.

That means he is doing the right things

Come on sherbros, uppercut em...we don't need fucking DC to save us or any fighter....

A sherbro is all we need IMO....We can use his tactics, a sherbro or pack of sherbros just shows up out of nowhere challenges him/troll em...maybe a few upper cuts thrown and we start the rivalry and expose em.

Any volunteers/Nominees?

wouldnt be sanctioned dude

Why? Because sherbros are 6'5+ 270lbs+....in that case it should take place in japan.

Jake Paul is 3-0 against n00bs.......A sherbro with 0 - 0 record vs him, would be sanctioned IMO(in either MMA or boxing)....along as the sherbro passed his medical.

I have to think that the relative marginalization of grappling has something to do with the apparent rise of cases like Spencer Fisher's. Could be wrong, but I just think there might be a connection.

I am too old for that, I will fight the dad though.

e6f8c-16165925309276-800.jpg

I wouldn’t want to hurt him I mean serious I’m a sherdogger the guy has nothing on me or any of us sherbros I mean he will probably fuck @Ackmed up but that’s about it

minded. They gave away their sponsorship money to the company. In combat sports that revenue stream goes to the fighters. Dana talks tough but it's the fighters that get in the ring and give their bodies and brains to this sport. The fighters retire with very little money and no pension or health benefits and Dana is laughing all the way to the bank. It must suck to be a retired UFC fighter like Nate Quarry and have piles of medical bills from fighting and Dana has 5 houses, 20 Ferrari's and flies around on private jets talking tough.

Back