News Jamahal Hill thinks Bruno Silva beat Alex Pereira

After rewatching the fight, there's a case for Bruno winning. He won the first round and has a strong case for the second round. The third round was a pretty clear 10-9 for Alex, but 10-8 would have been a travesty. He lightly wobbles Bruno at one point, but was immediately tied up and didn't come close to finishing. 29x28 for either guy is fine.

I didn't Bruno Silva defeatred Pereira, but it was a very compettitive fight and a damn good scrap imo; I also feel that Pereira has improved a lot since then.

lol Alex isn’t popular because of whatever the fuck reasons you said, he is stoic dangerous and intimidating with a lot of charisma for someone who doesn’t talk a lot. You just don’t know how to read a room, that’s why you’re so confused about everyone thinking that hill is a douchebag and he totally is a douchebag, he can’t even take a compliment from Ariel, he’s soft, sensitive and comes across as a dweeb.

No one cares if you can’t see it. Also no one cares about his stupid podcast and yes he should just shut up and fight for the peanuts because the pod cast that he apparently must do or else he’d be living in a box, is a lot of the reason why people don’t like him.

Bruh, I never said I don't understand why people are bitching about this. I fully understand why people are bitching about this. And because I understand it, I understand that people are making a mountain out of a mole's hill. I can read the room just fine, that doesn't mean I have to agree with the room..

Yes, people like his stoic demeanor and all that you named, but that on it's own doesn't draw the attention of people. Being silent just doesn't advertise the same way as making noise of any kind. And on his own Alex is pretty fucking silent.

But against a guy like Izzy who was very famous (in MMA terms) and also very hated, Alex got to fullfil the role of the guy to take on the hated champ who just kept on winning. He fitted that role perfectly because he is so different from Izzy. But Izzy was making noise enough for the two of them, and the noise he had made for previous fights also benefits that situation. Because it all has contributed to the overall fame and name recognition Izzy brings to any fight, inc. with Pereira.

It's just like Poirier's fame sky rocketed after beating Conor. It's the reward of beating the loud and hated guy, you get to benefit of all the talking they have done. It wins you over the fans. And the fans bring the money. But he could not have gotten a lot of those fans if he had not beaten the guy they hated. Because lots of those fans are casuals who don't watch a lot of MMA and don't follow a lot of fighters. But they know the loud and obnoxious guy. Because every MMA fan knows the loud and obnoxious guy. It's the same for Anderson Silva. He was not a great draw before the Chael fight, but beating him and doing it in the dramatic way he did, he also got to reap the rewards of Chael's trash talk.

But if Hill is silent for this fight and Alex is also silent for this fight. Why will the casuals tune in? They won't even know that the fight is taking place, because they don't keep track of all the million cards like we do. Their lives don't revolve around MMA. Their attention needs to be grabbed. They need a reason to invest their time and money into something they are only moderately interested in at best. Noise, and especially some form of drama, will grab their attention and make them invested in either rooting for the loud mouth or rooting for the guy trying to shut that loud mouth up.

And Hill is nowhere near Conor or to a lesser extent Izzy, in terms of trash talk, IMO. So getting riled up about this which isn't a personal attack, but just purely sports competition related, is very silly to me. And I don't agree with Hill's statements at all. But I understand what he is doing. Poatan's performance's against Bruno was a bit underwhelming. Because people expected Poatan to make easy work out of him, which he didn't. So Hill attacks that point to troll his fans and create drama. It's just to sell the fight. It helps Alex just as much as it helps Hill. No actually it helps Alex more, because Alex gets PPV points. Everybody wins, except the marks who fall for his trolling and have taken his bait. Well they kinda win if Alex beats him. But I don't think the negative emotions you have towards a fighter actually benefits you in anyway, at the end of the day. Because you can enjoy the fight even more if you are happy no matter who wins, IMO, as long as the fight is good.

And then there is also the whole mental warfare part of it, and that's just part of fighting's very nature. But I think the wall of text is long enough already.

Last edited:
What do you think he is trying to do?
He never ever tried to "sell" his fights so I guess he's just speaking on what's on his mind.

Even if he is selling this fight, atleast have some skills about it lol. Im all for shit talking. This just ain't it though.

He never ever tried to "sell" his fights so I guess he's just speaking on what's on his mind.

Even if he is selling this fight, atleast have some skills about it lol. Im all for shit talking. This just ain't it though.

Maybe because he doesn't often do it, that's why he isn't very skilled with it? Even if it's not selling the fight. It's still a ludicrous reason to get upset over.

But to me this is an obvious troll job, and he is clearly successful with it because people are biting like there is no tomorrow. lol He isn't just stating his opinion, he is clearly seeking engagement with the twitter folk/fans. It's not hard to figure out which fans will react to that tweet either. Hill knows that too. So seems very premeditated to piss people off, IMO.

Yes, people tend to get rritated about things that annoy them. He is vocal, because he says it on his podcast, a podcast he has to make a living and to get his name out there. Oh, but this isn't about pay right. Dude can't have opinions on his own podcast? He should just STFU and fight! Stop that podcast! Just fight for peanuts and be happy!
I mean, I used 3 descriptors and an "and," with the obvious implication that there are things he shouldn't be annoyed by, so trying to childishly write off "irritated" to "annoying" means nothing to be. I know you are straw-reaching super hard cuz your scarecrow is pretty empty, but there was a point there you didn't address with all of your theater. Also, you move straight to the podcast when the thread is about a twitter post and the shit I mainly remember him being unnecessarily whiny about would be on other people's programs or social media or the time he was trying to start a riot on his Instagram.

And who in the fuck do you think you're coming at about fighter pay? You better check my username before replying or else keep that baby dick bullshit back around the corner

I mean, I used 3 descriptors and an "and," with the obvious implication that there are things he shouldn't be annoyed by, so trying to childishly write off "irritated" to "annoying" means nothing to be.

Bruh, three things and I adressed two of them. I can address the dumb part too if you want to, but to me it seemed obvious that it's not really a serious criticism but more an insult. But if you legit think he is dumb, like low IQ, why hate him for it? He can't help that.

You can call me childish, but I'm just pointing out how bad one of your three points is, because it's a tautology.

And maybe he shouldn't be upset about it, maybe you are right. But why get upset about things he shouldn't be upset about? The same goes for you guys. You're the ones making a big deal about him getting upset over something.

I know you are straw-reaching super hard cuz your scarecrow is pretty empty, but there was a point there you didn't address with all of your theater.

He said while he really forced a bad wordplay to be more theatrical.

Also, you move straight to the podcast when the thread is about a twitter post and the shit I mainly remember him being unnecessarily whiny about would be on other people's programs or social media or the time he was trying to start a riot on his Instagram.

Bruh, I just remember people getting upset over things he said on his podcast, including snippets from his podcast posted on other social media. But social media is in the same way used to interact with the fans/public and work on your public image, so your star rises and you can get paid more. It's all towards the same goal.

And who in the fuck do you think you're coming at about fighter pay? You better check my username before replying or else keep that baby dick bullshit back around the corner

Lol sorry bro. You're a tough guy who doesn't care. Good for you.

Last edited:
Maybe because he doesn't often do it, that's why he isn't very skilled with it? Even if it's not selling the fight. It's still a ludicrous reason to get upset over.

But to me this is an obvious troll job, and he is clearly successful with it because people are biting like there is no tomorrow. lol He isn't just stating his opinion, he is clearly seeking engagement with the twitter folk/fans. It's not hard to figure out which fans will react to that tweet either. Hill knows that too. So seems very premeditated to piss people off, IMO.
Fair enough. I think what makes people biting is that there's an argument to what Hill is saying. Like, Pereira hasn't dominated a dude from bell to bell in the UFC. While being one of the most dangerous champions in the game.

If Hill does more homework and keeps the same energy the buildup will be fun.

Hill may be deluded, but this brings up the only stylistic interest I have in this match that mirrored the Bruno fight: southpaw negating the inside calf kick. Alex's offense was much less effective in this fight against Silva because of the southpaw stance. However, in sparring, I've seen Alex exclusively training against other southpaws, so I assume it will look much different than the Bruno fight.

It's almost funny how you fat nerds think you know more about fighting than someone that actually does it like Hill. If don't agree with him at least you should avoid the smug tone.

Arguments from authority always come from brilliant minds from my experience.

Well done

Hill trying to sell the fight by saying Alex lost to Bruno Silva? How does that help sell this fight as a big deal? Lmfao.

Fair enough. I think what makes people biting is that there's an argument to what Hill is saying. Like, Pereira hasn't dominated a dude from bell to bell in the UFC. While being one of the most dangerous champions in the game.

Exactly, people expected Alex to walk over him and he didn't. He was a can that didn't get crushed

If Hill does more homework and keeps the same energy the buildup will be fun.

Exactly! That should be the spirit, IMO. Just have some fun with it. Not getting rustled over dumb things like this. It's not serious at all.

Back