News Jamahal Hill thinks Bruno Silva beat Alex Pereira

He didn't but he still has a point. It was a very competitive fight where Pereira ate some big shots, even got momentarily stunned a couple of times.
It showed some of Pereira's weaknesses: his recklessness, his arrogance (as a fighter), and his sloppy defense, which have nearly cost him some of the fights he won, and caused him to get slept by Izzy.
As good as Pereira is, any big puncher has a good chance of shutting his lights out at any moment.
I cringe every time someone says Alex has poor defense

I don't remember the details of it, but it was a close fight. I think I scored it 29x28 for Alex. Gonna have to rewatch.

Hill is going to lose really badly and get on the mic and talk about how he's injured and didn't have enough time to train.

Meanwhile he's been getting fat and hanging out on YouTube.

Anyone can see it coming a mile away.
I'm calling it now, first-round KO by Alex Poatan. Hill is completely delusional, it won't end well for him

His debut wasn't stellar, similar to a tonne of fighters when they first get to the UFC. How has he done since?

It's beyond weird to look back at Alex's record and see that Bruno fight only in 2022, it feels like he's been here forever with what he's done.

Also Alex obviously won the Bruno fight even if it was far uglier than you'd probably have guessed on paper.

Next I fully expect Hill to be like.. Alex lost to Quemuel Ottoni, how is he supposed to beat me!?

It's almost funny how you fat nerds think you know more about fighting than someone that actually does it like Hill. If don't agree with him at least you should avoid the smug tone.
I'm the first one to tell fans s*** like this but it doesn't apply here.

Chocolate Fudge is mine. Always chocolate fudge.

410 mg sodium, 35 g total sugars

8mx.gif

If anyone ever wonders why hill has haters this is why.

He should take a page out of Alex's book and say less, Do more.

Pretty much everything out of Hill's mouth makes me roll my eyes, and he has such a short temper that he blows up on people who try to compliment him.

That said. I think that he's actually grossly underrated by most people. He's a big, durable LHW with decent striking fundamentals and a long reach, and he showed massively improved TDD and ground defense against Glover.

I wouldn't bet on him against Pereira, but I don't think that he's an easy fight for anybody in the division.

Heh, you can see Jamahal's thought process laid out here.

'But he's not TECHNICALLY that good...'

No, but he's a monster with one punch power and you have to be watertight defensively and extremely evasive to get through.

Going tit-for-tat and trying to win on the cards because he doesn't shut guys out every round won't do it. I hope Hill knows he's gonna have to KO this dude, not sure why he's looking at points.
Technically he is amazing.

His left hook and leg kicks are product of technique. He uses one to drive you forward into the other.

It's literally all technique.

His debut wasn't stellar, similar to a tonne of fighters when they first get to the UFC. How has he done since?

It's beyond weird to look back at Alex's record and see that Bruno fight only in 2022, it feels like he's been here forever with what he's done.

Also Alex obviously won the Bruno fight even if it was far uglier than you'd probably have guessed on paper.

Next I fully expect Hill to be like.. Alex lost to Quemuel Ottoni, how is he supposed to beat me!?

Bruno took a hell of a beating in that fight. He hasn't looked the same since. Unfortunately, he's going to run over That's My Boy Chris Weidman in the next month.

Back