Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

He's right about her ruining the commentary. I don't need to hear what the fighters are supposed to be doing, what they might be doing next, what they could be doing, what kind of effect you think those leg kicks are having, ect. Just call the fights as they are happening, not what you think should be happening. Other commentators like Cruz and Bisping do this too sometimes, but they're less annoying about. They all need to stop with their opinionated crap though.

That’s the job of the color commentator though. They aren’t supposed to call the action as it’s happening, they’re supposed to analyze it and present strategies. If they aren’t doing that then there is no point to have a second or third commentator.

They can just use one announcer like Colonel Bob Sheridan.

Sanko is the best commentator they have right now and more knowledgeable than most of the other ass clowns they have on the broadcast.

Also, hilarious coming from Varner, one of the most hated fighters of his era.
I vividly remember him always being so frustrated on the WEC cards because he exclusively got boo'd.

Last edited:
Varner is just jealous she's getting paid by the UFC instead of him. Even if they both worked the booth, she would probably still get paid more than him.

She has obvious talents.

<GinJuice>

That’s the job of the color commentator though. They aren’t supposed to call the action as it’s happening, they’re supposed to analyze it and present strategies. If they aren’t doing that then there is no point to have a second or third commentator.

They can just use one announcer like Colonel Bob Sheridan.

There really is no point in having them. They don't need 3 people in the booth yapping, just Anik/Fitzgerald (or whoever else they use for PBP) and one other person giving more detailed analysis as it is happening. Not bullshit like "those leg kicks are gonna have a serious effect on him later on in the fight" ultimately fucking with the live betting odds. They certainly don't need a 4th person like stoned/drunk Din Thomas chiming in from a remote location adding nothing but unneeded opinions to the mix.

I hope Varner gets starched in his next fight and Sanko is calling it.

Honestly the only thing I remember about Varner's career is when he bitched out of the Cerrone fight in the WEC denying Cerrone a major promotional belt. He started off strong then Cerrone turned the tide on him and started whooping his ass and then he got poked in the eye and quit.
I disliked him for that and other things,but when it comes down to it, the guy could fukin fight

I lived In KC during that time and Laura wasn’t anything special in mma

A bunch of “yes” men trained and got her the easiest fight/fights possible

It’s almost as if she tried it only to say she is a “fighter”, a lot of folks do this too, especially in that time frame

On the regional level, anybody can get a cage fight. You can be an obese smoker/drinker and get on a card professionally and locally, boom, you a “cage fighter” now

Titan was always notorious for mismatching fights so that the local “heroes” always shined

I lived In KC during that time and Laura wasn’t anything special in mma

A bunch of “yes” men trained and got her the easiest fight/fights possible

It’s almost as if she tried it only to say she is a “fighter”, a lot of folks do this too, especially in that time frame

On the regional level, anybody can get a cage fight. You can be an obese smoker/drinker and get on a card professionally and locally, boom, you a “cage fighter” now

Titan was always notorious for mismatching fights so that the local “heroes” always shined
So?

She never claimed to be anything special in MMA

She was natty once upon a time. If she had the after market accessories she has now. He would have remembered her if she had those fake boobs back in the day.

Is she a perfect colour person? No, but at least she’s prepared like a “professional”. That is a word DC has never understood. I personally think she’s plays up the fact she’s a very attractive woman. And apparently sees the fights and fighters through the eyes of a female. Like the guys that like guys do, I guess? Whatever. I don’t really care.

DC, and Rogan can fuck off. I’d rather listen to her than those two assholes. At least she’s prepared when she goes on the air. And she has put in the time, and effort to become better. Working her way through Invicta, and DWCS. I like her more than some of the idiots on the mic for UFC fights. Because I can see the effort she’s put in to become better.

The funny part is, she supposedly fought on the same card he did back at titan FC lol

But man those comments are rough. New fans just kissing this girls ass because she fought a soccer mom once, and not even knowing who Jamie Varner is

She has ONE pro fight that I know of.
Her record is 1-0...and Jaime is 100% right about having a woman UFC fighter in Sankos position.

Back