Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

Honestly the only thing I remember about Varner's career is when he bitched out of the Cerrone fight in the WEC denying Cerrone a major promotional belt. He started off strong then Cerrone turned the tide on him and started whooping his ass and then he got poked in the eye and quit.

Thankfully the last time I ever heard about him as well. I was at that event and the thing I remember most that probably wasn't aired on TV was the entire arena chanting P-U-S-S-Y after he quit.

Jimmy is great but he is lost with the technology side. This was his downfall.
Like most these old guys,
there is a generational gap on technology,
and Jimmy is still trying to figure it out.
His youtube is back, but needs technical support.
Josh and John got this guy Dave, Rogan had Jamie,
Jimmy needs an audio/video person to help with gear & presentation.
People like him, he is just seems like a boomer discovering youtube in 2024.
It is a bit late to the party.
Look at fighter turned commentary podcasters ... bisping, dc, they clearly had a bit of coaching & help.

We all miss Jimmy, but you can see why the ufc did not equate him as added value.

Would LOVE to see him return to commentary instead of youtube.

I wasn't under the impression he was hired as an IT guy or tech support or social media director.

As far as I knew his job was commentary. I felt that he did that job well and brought professionalism to the broadcast.

UFC wants UFC shills.
Sucking off the company on social media shouldn't be a job requirement.

She definitely doesn't yap more than DC who has to interject his expertise into every single moment of a fight.

I think she's really good. Has a great voice for announcing and clearly does her homework on the fighters.

She gets my approval.

The funny part is, she supposedly fought on the same card he did back at titan FC lol

But man those comments are rough. New fans just kissing this girls ass because she fought a soccer mom once, and not even knowing who Jamie Varner is

Laura Sanko has won an MMA fight more recently than Jamie Varner.

I wasn't under the impression he was hired as an IT guy or tech support or social media director.

As far as I knew his job was commentary. I felt that he did that job well and brought professionalism to the broadcast.

UFC wants UFC shills.

Completely understand.

Jimmy is still one of the best, but commentary is a weird job. You have a producer constantly talking in ear.
The whole flow and direction of the commentary isn't "off the cuff".
Jimmy had to apply for color or play-by-play ... and the UFC had people better suited for both.
At least, this was what the word behind the scenes was.

The ufc had fighters practicing commentary for free, and guys like Anik studying & practicing extensively.

At that point, Jimmy would've been working for free just for the chance.
The ufc (apparently) didn't pay commentary equally.
Bisping said (in person) he made minimum wage for his first commentary gigs.
Apparently DC did his first commentary for free (according to Bisping)

The idea Sanko "doesn't know what she is talking about" is laughable.

She has seen and called things that former champions and UFC HOFers (Bisping and Cormier) have not. So if she is allegedly so clueless, what does that say about them?

What it actually says is that they all have a hard job...and that different people brings different perspectives, knowledge, and experience to the table.

Lauro Sanko does a fantastic job, IMHO...even as she (and everyone else doing that job), is not flawless and without room to improve and grow.

Find one commentator who is universally loved...they all get shit, makes mistakes, have off nights, etc....and that includes every former fighter who sits in the booth...DC, Bisping, Cruz, Felder, all guys/gals on the desk, sidesline, and working outside the UFC too.

UFC wants UFC shills.
Also they have to pretend to like Slap fighting, It's all so absurd.

Last edited:
Goldberg and Rogan didnt either so what hes sayin dont make any sense anyway
rogan did it for free iirc, can't really give him the boot when he's been there forever and when it was not lucrative to do so...i don't mind sanko either but its silly to compare her to toe rogan

Oh boy...

tumblr_ppn6xbimFB1r0u1meo1_400.gif

Back