Media Jamie Varner not a fan of Laura Sanko's commentary

Shes decent, still fairly new give it time and she will improve. Also Jamie Varner - Not a fan.

Never thought i'd ever agree so much Varner worm scat

I do think Sanko is an absolute G O D D E S S .. SHE DESERVES WORSHIP

uhh... no.

He was a WEC champ and handed Cerrone his first professional loss in a wild fight. Back in those days, Cerrone played a ton of guard, and it was a very interesting grappling battle.

Then, after losing the WEC title, he wasn't immediately brought (back) over to the UFC. Instead, he got brought in on short notice to replace Evan Dunham to fight undefeated killer Edson Barboza. And he fucking took Edson Barboza's 0 in one of the most shocking hype derailments in MMA history, where the sacrificial lamb managed to win.
And only gets talked about for the weird shit he says.

There are very few color commentary gigs with the UFC to begin with and they come about extremely infrequently. The color commentator is supposed to provide expert analysis, and while very knowledgable, Sanko is absolutely not an expert.

It would have been nice to see the gig Sanko got go to a retired female UFC fighter or one nearing retirement like Angela Hill, Julianna Pena, or Michelle Waterson-Gomez; among others. Not only have they all had long established careers fighting in the UFC but they also all have more color commentary experience than Sanko did when she began doing color commentary for DWCS.

There are very few color commentary gigs with the UFC to begin with and they come about extremely infrequently. The color commentator is supposed to provide expert analysis, and while very knowledgable, Sanko is absolutely not an expert.

It would have been nice to see the gig Sanko got go to a retired female UFC fighter or one nearing retirement like Angela Hill, Julianna Pena, or Michelle Waterson-Gomez; among others. Not only have they all had long established careers fighting in the UFC but they also all have more color commentary experience than Sanko did when she began doing color commentary for DWCS.
Are you fuckin kidding me? Julianna Pena is a loudmouth idiot and would be horrible to listen to and Angela hills high pitched voice would cause my ears much discomfort. What in the hell made you think Pena would be a good commentator??) when she booed during Nunes retirement????

If you don't care, then it doesn't matter sir.
Why he was let go shouldn't matter to you when it comes to this subject either though, sir. We are talking about the UFC here, who are never benevolent to their hires, consistent in their decisions, or valid in their actions. So I'm not sure why we think their release of Jimmy is in some way reasonable, or is a standard that should be held across the board. I mean, I don't normally see you around here saying "Well if Jon Fitch got released, I'm not sure why they're keeping Tony Ferguson," so I'm not sure why you'd come to the conclusion here that because Jimmy wasn't a UFC fighter, that means she shouldn't get an opportunity. Don't you think that's pretty pointed thinking in this case?

Are you fuckin kidding me? Julianna Pena is a loudmouth idiot and would be horrible to listen to and Angela hills high pitched voice would cause my ears much discomfort. What in the hell made you think Pena would be a good commentator??) when she booed during Nunes retirement????
If Pena became a commentator, I'd get banned off this site for going full redpill, and that's saying something

Pena does color commentary for Combate America, Hill for Cage Warriors, both are very knowledgable and well spoken.

When they are giving their analysis you can tell it comes from their experiences as MMA fighters, at the highest level, not hobbyists.

Pena does color commentary for Combate America, Hill for Cage Warriors, both are very knowledgable and well spoken.

When they are giving their analysis you can tell it comes from their experiences as MMA fighters at the highest level not hobbyists.
Yes she sucks as that job too. She's an annoying irritating individual in all ways. It doesn't matter that she knows how to fight, she sucks. Listening to her about anything is torture.

Last edited:
I don't think she has someone giving her a script. She does her homework on the fighters. You need someone on the commentary table that does their work on the fighters. People like DC and Rogan just wing it. I think a bad combo would be Sanko and Cruz.

The commentator that doesn't make sense for me is that Fitz guy. He doesn't bring anything to the commentary. He might get better though. Someone like Anik did get better with time. Anik does his background work on the fighters and shows up with the stats.

Setting aside that she has more experience fighting than Anik, Fitzgerald, and Gooden, do you really need to have been a pro fighter to suppose that shooting blast doubles outta the gate might fatigue you quicker than not committing all out for tds in a fight that could go 15 mins? Not sure what exactly the context he's referring to is tbf, but id expect a more egregious example to match his frustration.

'Sprinting the first minute of a mile might be tiring'

'Shut up bitch, you never raced in the Olympics'

Why would I ever want to listen to a woman telling me how to fight, or analysing men fighting? We live in clown world more and more every day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back