Rumored Jared Cannonier vs. Nassourdine Imavov in the works, date and location TBD

Remind me. He flopped vs Izzy then beat Vettori who everyone has a win vs besides Costa. 1 win streak. 1 year out the cagem
He beat Sean Dec '22 and Vettori June '23 and was booked to fight Dolidze Dec '23 for some reason, but tore his MCL. Despite the fact he beat Sean, and beat a top 5 in Vettori after that, Sean was able to leapfrog him by beating fuckin Imavov at LHW, and a debuting Magomedov, one of the worst cases for a title shot in modern history, but was also benefitted by being a) a fresh name & b) a public asshole. The fact that Jared was the only top 5 on a streak and had a win over the new champ, shoulda kinda kept his name up there.

Not a great match-up for Cannonier on-paper. Good chance he loses what momentum he has here, fighting backwards against a stylistically suboptimal opponent whilst coming off a serious injury lay-off... despite being the only dude in the Top 5 with something of a streak going (outside of Dricus, of course).

3 fights ago. He's now got wins over the current #5 and #1. Robbery doesn't matter because he won. Winning gets you the win, that's how it's always been. And even if we were only counting his last win, it's still better than everyone else's last fight.

Sean- Just lost the title on his first defense
Izzy- Lost the title on his first defense after already getting an instant rematch so he shouldn't get another one.
Rob- Lost a number 1 contender fight 2 fights ago, and has since beaten Costa, which is not a better win than Vettori.
Vettori- Just lost to Cannonier.

Brendan Allen would have been a fresh pick if he got the chance to beat Vettori this weekend, but Vettori pulled out, and I think Marvin was gonna win anyway.

Your lack of faith in my boi Allen is noted in the ledger, but other than that absolutely all of this. Cannonier is not some sexy shoo-in for a title fight, but he arguably has more momentum than anyone else in the Top 5.

Your lack of faith in my boi Allen is noted in the ledger, but other than that absolutely all of this. Cannonier is not some sexy shoo-in for a title fight, but he arguably has more momentum than anyone else in the Top 5.
I think being the only top 5 with a streak that included the champion should have been a shoo-in.

My heart was for Allen. I was pulling for him cuz I always like new blood. I'm just jaded enough to see new blood never make it over the hump

3 fights ago. He's now got wins over the current #5 and #1. Robbery doesn't matter because he won. Winning gets you the win, that's how it's always been. And even if we were only counting his last win, it's still better than everyone else's

Sean- Just lost the title on his first defense
Izzy- Lost the title on his first defense after already getting an instant rematch so he shouldn't get another one.
Rob- Lost a number 1 contender fight 2 fights ago, and has since beaten Costa, which is not a better win than Vettori.
Vettori- Just lost to Cannonier.

Brendan Allen would have been a fresh pick if he got the chance to beat Vettori this weekend, but Vettori pulled out, and I think Marvin was gonna win anyway.

You have some really dumb opinions, quite a fucking lot. You mention Rob and Izzy, two guys that Jared lost to decisively, then act like he deserves another title shot based on everyone else's last fight.

Rob vs Khamzat - booked
DDP vs Izzy - targeted for UFC 305
Strickland - robbed by both DDP and Cannon, should get a rematch vs winner of DDP/Izzy

Sorry, but Jared is not a priority nowadays.

Cannonier way too low volume
To beat Imavov …. Yes Imavov looked shit against Strickland but it was the constant pressure that threw him off

Imavov should pick apart cannon all day … and he’s never been chinned so it’s not like he might get one punched

Imavov is turning the page and will win one sidedly and get himself in the picture

You have some really dumb opinions, quite a fucking lot. You mention Rob and Izzy, two guys that Jared lost to decisively, then act like he deserves another title shot based on everyone else's last fight.

Rob vs Khamzat - booked
DDP vs Izzy - targeted for UFC 305
Strickland - robbed by both DDP and Cannon, should get a rematch vs winner of DDP/Izzy

Sorry, but Jared is not a priority nowadays.
The idea that people's momentums are mostly based on their current streak and that title shots usually shouldn't go to people off a loss? What a unique and ridiculous brand of thinking I use. I must be the only person who imagines shit should work like that.

If you lose to someone, you fall behind them. If you continue to win afterwards and  they lose, then you can pass them. (If i haven't lost you yet, I can slow down, just let me know.) Ok, so..

He  did lose to Izzy. Then he beat 2 high rank guys and Izzy has 2 losses since, including his last fight. Again, I'll pause here so you can take a breath and get some oxygen to that.. well, let's call it a "brain."

You'll harp on "decisive" losses to Izzy and Rob, yet ignore that they weren't "robbed" of anything in their decisive losses. And speaking of robbing, think about this question for a second while trying not to overload yourself: If Sean was robbed by DDP, then who is the current champ? That's right. It's DDP. Because we don't change fight results based on our feelings. And that's why Jared has a win over him too. (Also, hilarious you refer to two 50-50 fights as "robberies and expect to be taken seriously).

Then you list current booked fights when the whole conversation started with where Jared was nearly a year ago and act like Jared's lack of marketability is reason enough against him in an argument that is where he  should be based on some sense of meritocracy. Did you miss that this revolved around the concept of 'should'? Are you incapable of that kind of thought or did you just forget to check your spectrum at the door?

The idea that people's momentums are mostly based on their current streak and that title shots usually shouldn't go to people off a loss? What a unique and ridiculous brand of thinking I use. I must be the only person who imagines shit should work like that.

If you lose to someone, you fall behind them. If you continue to win afterwards and  they lose, then you can pass them. (If i haven't lost you yet, I can slow down, just let me know.) Ok, so..

He  did lose to Izzy. Then he beat 2 high rank guys and Izzy has 2 losses since, including his last fight. Again, I'll pause here so you can take a breath and get some oxygen to that.. well, let's call it a "brain."

You'll harp on "decisive" losses to Izzy and Rob, yet ignore that they weren't "robbed" of anything in their decisive losses. And speaking of robbing, think about this question for a second while trying not to overload yourself: If Sean was robbed by DDP, then who is the current champ? That's right. It's DDP. Because we don't change fight results based on our feelings. And that's why Jared has a win over him too. (Also, hilarious you refer to two 50-50 fights as "robberies and expect to be taken seriously).

Then you list current booked fights when the whole conversation started with where Jared was nearly a year ago and act like Jared's lack of marketability is reason enough against him in an argument that is where he  should be based on some sense of meritocracy. Did you miss that this revolved around the concept of 'should'? Are you incapable of that kind of thought or did you just forget to check your spectrum at the door?

I just want you to know that I didn't read one fucking word of this. I'm pretty sure you were one of those "Erin Blanchfield Future Champ" fanboys that argued with me all last week. I'm also pretty sure that you're from New Jersey. That's enough of a reason for me to not take you seriously.

This is fucking stupid. He's got the best claim to a title shot at the weight class outside of Strickland getting an immediate rematch in a razor thin close decision, yet he's forced to take this fight to stay busy and cash a check. Thanks, Bald Goof, Hunter, Shelby and Maynard.
textbook garbage matchmaking

Well, Be glad. I work construction, roofing and siding. I lost a lot of jobs because corporations hired all mexicans to work for minimum wage ( $7.50 ) Company called " Masters"
I did home renos for about a 8 years and still work on projects for people if I have time. I decided to go for a salary job in IT instead, but I have a passion for building and Reno’s too. I worked with a gen con, so I did everything including roofing a few times, siding, additions, flooring, tiling you name it.

Pretty fucked you can get that shit done for 7.50 an hour. Where I live the minimum wage just got increased again, it’s insane. It’s like $17 dollars now, I used to risk my life for 15 an hour working in Reno’s with insulation, drywall dust and all these others factors that are terrible for long term health

Probably a UFN Apex headliner. Not fussed on either guy to be honest, Cannonier is the better fighter though.

I think Jared walks him down.

Imavov is skilled but dude lacks of power and does not like to take damage.

I think imavov has all the tools to beat cannonier, he just needs to pace himself

Back