News Jared Cannonier vs Nassourdine is set to headline UFC Louisville on June 8

Who wins?

• Total voters
I can see an upset here if Nassourdine can pressure and keep distance.

Imavov’s footwork should provide issues like Whittakers did but regardless of how agile his footwork is he still potshots and going potshot for potshot against Cannonier is not going to work for any MW. Alongside dealing with Cannonier’s chopping leg kicks I have to lean with Cannonier going off of their last fights.

BUT

Imavov showed against Dolidze he is extremely close to elite imo and if he can string together combinations more fluidly I think he can win a decision sticking and moving but if he throws one at a time like he did against Dolidze and Curtis I struggle seeing him give Cannonier enough issues to not take over down the stretch.

I’m leaning with Cannonier based on both men’s last performances but I do think if Imavov makes the right adjustments to his game he can win this…. I’m just not confident he doesn’t stick to potshots.

I like Imavov here, until he gasses. He's a much different fighter when he's tired.

Unusual fight, didn't expect it but it's not terrible either. Cannonier by decision.

Any preferred opponent you wish they would have Cannonier face? He needs at least 1 if not 2 wins before getting another title shot & the UFC understandably would like to avoid giving him one lol. I would've preferred they did Cannonier/Chimaev instead of Whittaker/Chimaev.

He has the best claim to a title shot already, he doesn't need two wins. Who has a better claim?

The only reason why he is not given a title shot is because the UFC doesn't seem him as a marketable fighter.

And then Costa gets the number one guy while sitting at seven in the rankings and hasn't gotten a ranked win since 2019.... It's actually nuts.
Yeah outside of Whittaker/Khamzat I'm not too big on some of the recent matchmaking choices for middleweight.

I think they should have did Khamzat vs Cannoier instead of Whittaker.

Excited to watch volume puncher Cannon man again, dude whipped Vettori's ass.

Back