Jason Thacker Gofund me page.

im so sick of people ebegging

who's begging? the MMA community cost him his opportunity at MMA, and I am glad to see that they are attempting to give back. I hope Thacker accepts.

If Thacker accepts, I'll donate the fuck out of that ($10).

LOL, this is too funny.

I doubt the guy who made this gofundme page is doing shit all to find his contact. He's keeping that money for himself. Impressive grand right there in a day, why didn't I think of it? *sarcasm

I thought about doing it lmfao.

they gave him one fight (against leben in his earliest days way before he was as good as he would become) and leben ko'd him in 45 seconds

I don't know that I agree with this characterization. I'd actually argue that Leben was actually a pretty skilled fighter when TUF happened. His problem was more that over the years he never really improved all that much from there.

Got this sent to me this morning.

Since my last update, I have been able to contact Chuck Mindenhall. He is reaching out to Jason Thacker who will confirm whether or not he is a) willing to provide his contact details and b) willing to accept donations.

In the event that Jason is unwilling to accept donations, or if no progress has been made in reaching out to him by the end of next week, all donations will be refunded - in full - to their respective donors. The team at GoFundMe have confirmed that this is a fee-free process.

In addition, the $1000 mark is not a fixed limit. GoFundMe requires a target number but extra donations beyond this point are also accepted.

Many thanks,

Aidan

I also don't get why everyone is hating on the fact that someone set up a gofund me page for this guy?

Reading that article, it seems he's been a lot more unfortunate in life than someone like Mark Coleman who pissed his money away.

I donated $15, that's a meal or a few beers I could have had, I've put that money to better use, if people don't agree with donating, then don't donate, simple, but others do.

not everyone wants to be a charity case. i mean id take all your money in a heartbeat, but some people would definitely consider it demeaning, especially if they didnt ask for it.

I donate now but still feel not so good about the person running this being no connection to Mr. Thacker.

people give out gofundme type stuff too easily

What does it need it for? Is he sick? Is he handicap now? No, he's just poor and never did anything with his life.

That's not deserving of charity.

No he wasn't a solid fighter. That was the point of the article. He was a dude that was literally brought in with virtually 0 mma experience just so they could show the world what it looks like when an average person tries to compete with real fighters

they gave him one fight (against leben in his earliest days way before he was as good as he would become) and leben ko'd him in 45 seconds

a second fight would've just been more of the same.

Now I have nothing against thatcher, I even feel bad for him. My point is are we supposed to fund every semi-celebrity who's down on his luck?

Heck, why not fund me then? I'm not rich and I'd like to be

As you said he was brought in with virtually 0 mma experience. He was set to be the blood sacrifice. However, unlike other failed fighters who never found success, he was set by the producers to fail in public. In a show that has been seen by millions worldwide.

This public failure resulted in him becoming an outcast after the show and those bar fights he kept getting into with local mma gym members who were pissed at him. This drove him further into reclusion. Since he seems to be the sole caretaker of his sick parents / brother he hasn't even been able to try to set his life straight.

Abandoned by friends, vilified by the community. Laughingstock around the world. All this because of the show.

He is being funded because people feel that what happened to him wasn't fair. And it wasn't his fault. No, you are not supposed to fund every semi-celebrity down on his luck. This however is different case due to reasons above: he was set to fail publicly on purpose.

I don't give a shit if people want to donate to him, but I find it a little ridiculous that people would choose to donate to him over many others FAR more deserving.
While I definitely agree with there being many cases that are far more deserving, I always have a little problem with this line of reasoning in general. Why is charity for some reason always thought to be done at the cost of some other charity? Why not against e.g. buying a beer, or a new racing bike?

Since I don't know anyone who has a certain budgeted amount set aside for charities specifically, it doesn't seem that relevant what other charities they might have aided instead, since the most likely answer is "none".

By all means, if a person gets touched by this story, but don't give since he feels he gives enough to charity already, that's great. But somebody donating $50 would most likely just deprieve themselves of $50 of their own spending money. I'm not sure I agree that's a ridicuous choice.

While I definitely agree with there being many cases that are far more deserving, I always have a little problem with this line of reasoning in general. Why is charity for some reason always thought to be done at the cost of some other charity? Why not against e.g. buying a beer, or a new racing bike?

Since I don't know anyone who has a certain budgeted amount set aside for charities specifically, it doesn't seem that relevant what other charities they might have aided instead, since the most likely answer is "none".

By all means, if a person gets touched by this story, but don't give since he feels he gives enough to charity already, that's great. But somebody donating $50 would most likely just deprieve themselves of $50 of their own spending money. I'm not sure I agree that's a ridicuous choice.

If you feel for 2 people there's a higher chance you choose where to spend your money. Most don't have that much to spare, so they go with the person they feel either deserves it more or have them more emotionally invested. It doesn't have to be a choice, but it can be. The word getting out there is usually the decider. Now there are a thousand sob stories out there, not just 2. These gofundme requests shouldn't be taken advantage of since Coleman made headlines with them.

Last edited:
If you feel for 2 people there's a higher chance you choose where to spend your money. Most don't have that much to spare, so they go with the person they feel either deserves it more or have them more emotionally invested. It doesn't have to be a choice, but it can be. The word getting out there is usually the decider. Now there are a thousand sob stories out there, not just 2. These gofundme requests shouldn't be taken advantage of since Coleman made headlines with them. That's what I feel Jason is doing, leeching off a fundraiser that gained attention.

It looks like Thacker doesn't even know, so you're 100% wrong on that last part.

I don't give a shit if people want to donate to him, but I find it a little ridiculous that people would choose to donate to him over many others FAR more deserving.

That's a legitimate criticism (one that applies to Coleman as well, of course). Your donations where presumably such that there are not others far more deserving?

If so, give an example of a cause you donated to.

This thread perfectly encapsulates everything I hate about Sherdog... or rather, people on the Internet. You guys will find a way to hate on fucking everything.

People read the article, felt like the guy got hard done by, and wanted to offer him some support, as he's clearly not doing well financially.

So, of course, people on here immediately started calling it a scam, ridiculous, stupid and on and on and on.

I found the article about Thacker depressing, but I find this thread infinitely more so.

Why the fuck are you people getting so up in arms about people wanting to help the guy? If you don't want to donate, that's absolutely fine, but why do you feel the need to shit on things like this? Why on earth would you not be happy that people are trying to help the guy?

This thread perfectly encapsulates everything I hate about Sherdog... or rather, people on the Internet. You guys will find a way to hate on fucking everything.

People read the article, felt like the guy got hard done by, and wanted to offer him some support, as he's clearly not doing well financially.

So, of course, people on here immediately started calling it a scam, ridiculous, stupid and on and on and on.

I found the article about Thacker depressing, but I find this thread infinitely more so.

Why the fuck are you people getting so up in arms about people wanting to help the guy? If you don't want to donate, that's absolutely fine, but why do you feel the need to shit on things like this? Why on earth would you not be happy that people are trying to help the guy?

How do you go about "helping" someone you do not know nor can even contact ?!

Some anger could be legitimate. Resources are scarce and devoting them to Thacker, or Coleman, doesn't do nearly as much good as devoting them to other causes would, like problems affecting people not living in 1st world countries.

Anyone who is angry about Thacker getting help but wasn't angry Coleman got help, however, really is an idiot.

Back