Jazz is overrated hipster crap

cincymma79

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
change my

You know what screw you it ain’t changing

There's two venues that play mostly jazz near me. Not seen any hipsters at either, just legit jazz lovers.

That being said, everything I know of Jazz is from this.

Last edited:
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

there's no album more chill. change my mind.

plus if you play that then the ladies will think you have class, and will want to suck your dick.

I fuckin' hate jazz so much! It actually really annoys me. I'd rather listen to Country & Western.

Completely agree, sounds like vomit <45>

Try Jazz Fusion.

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
I have a few Jeff Beck albums when he was into Jazz/Rock.

To each their own, but jazz players are some of the best in the world.

Its not overrated. It just sucks period.

Jazz requires originality, intellect and skill...something Hipsters all lack.

Shit thread. Shit poster.

Since this is a thread about jazz, I'll post my favorite album:

Honestly, keep your stupidass opinions to yourself.

I agree. I do like some jazz. But often times the musicians are so into the musicianship of the song, and making sure they do some kind of cool polyrhythm and mode change, that they lose sight of the concept of writing a good song. You know, one that actually sounds good.

It’s masturbatory bullshit a lot of times.

Jazz, like any genre, has good and bad examples.

Jazz is often either very pretentious noodling or very boring drivel.

But good jazz exists, and jazz musicians are often way more technically skilled and ambitious than pretty much anyone outside of jazz. A lot of the best metal drummers (who often get credit as being the best drummers out there) have jazz training. A lot of incredible guitarists in all genres have a jazz background.

If you're even just simply decent as a jazz musician, you probably already have the technical ability to play any genre you want.

I took a jazz history class in college and one assignment was to go to a jazz club and watch a performer play and write a report on it. I was dreading it because it sounded lame but I found this place an hour and a half away that had this old school cat (gotta call him a cat, it's jazz) that played with Miles Davis and John Coltrane back in the day. The place was dark, served good food and just generally had a nice feel to it. Three of my friends came along and it was just this dude on the trumpet with a guy on the big double bass and a drummer with a tiny drum set playing for 3 hours.

We walked out of there and I was waiting for someone to get mad at me for wasting their time but to my surprise all of us wanted to go check it out again sometime. It was just an experience that none of us ever had before. Kinda felt like going back in time 60 years.

Jazz, like any genre, has good and bad examples.

Jazz is often either very pretentious noodling or very boring drivel.

But good jazz exists, and jazz musicians are often way more technically skilled and ambitious than pretty much anyone outside of jazz. A lot of the best metal drummers (who often get credit as being the best drummers out there) have jazz training. A lot of incredible guitarists in all genres have a jazz background.

If you're even just simply decent as a jazz musician, you probably already have the technical ability to play any genre you want.

I blame Kenny G and his stupid pentatonic noodling nonsense for ruining the name of Jazz in the eyes of the public.

Back