Jazz is overrated hipster crap

change my

You know what screw you it ain’t changing

On a cold, rainy, chill day at home que up Keith Jarrett's Live at The Koln Concert. If you like piano his improvisations and incredible. Simply a sublime recording.

Have you seen the peanuts cartoons like the christmas special or the great pumpkin? Did you like the music in the background? Thats Vince Guaraldi and his trio, one of my favorite pianist. That guy made the piano sing man.

Pretty much this.

"Jazz has no structure" might be in the top 10 dumbest things I've read on Sherdog today and, believe me, the competition is stiff.

I guess they all just felt like going to Ab...

<{Heymansnicker}>

This is a MONSTER take btw. This tempo is a motherfucker. The only way to do it is to go 110%.

He did his fair share of damage.

Free form jazz gave way to spastic proggy math rock/metal, which is a genre I can really enjoy occasionally. I dig the complexity that comes from it. But yeah, a lot of "jazz" artists really just boiled the genre down to boring generic noodling, and I wouldn't blame anyone for having a distaste for it.

Hey, as a metalhead, I tend to get annoyed when I listen to bands that play gaudy, long solos that amount to nothing but sonic masturbation. I'm pretty sure this distaste can be found in enthusiasts of all genres.

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

there's no album more chill. change my mind.

plus if you play that then the ladies will think you have class, and will want to suck your dick.

Kind of Blue is a bit too chill & laid back for my taste, Bitches Brew is where it's at for me.

Hey, as a metalhead, I tend to get annoyed when I listen to bands that play gaudy, long solos that amount to nothing but sonic masturbation. I'm pretty sure this distaste can be found in enthusiasts of all genres.

That's why I was never able to get into power metal in particular. Half of every song is a wank fest.

I can get into melodic death/Swedish death metal stuff. Even if every song has an over the top solo. The good bands do it right, so it never feels like it distracts from the song as a whole.

I guess they all just felt like going to Ab...

<{Heymansnicker}>

This is a MONSTER take btw. This tempo is a motherfucker. The only way to do it is to go 110%.

BALLS OUT

Love it.

I think he may be thinking of more free-form stuff. Jazz is HIGHLY compositional outside of elevator bullshit and free-form.

That's why I was never able to get into power metal in particular. Half of every song is a wank fest.

I can get into melodic death/Swedish death metal stuff. Even if every song has an over the top solo. The good bands do it right, so it never feels like it distracts from the song as a whole.

Oh, tell me about it. Every time I hear some dude gush about Dragonforce, I want to roll my eyes and hock a loogie in disgust.

Power Ranger metal. That's what I prefer to call it.

Oh, tell me about it. Every time I hear some dude gush about Dragonforce, I want to roll my eyes and hock a loogie in disgust.

Power Ranger metal. That's what I prefer to call it.

The Power Rangers theme is dope, but only because it's like 45 seconds long. Like the grindcore equivalent of Power Metal.

In fact, I could probably get into that mashup.

BALLS OUT

Love it.

I think he may be thinking of more free-form stuff. Jazz is HIGHLY compositional outside of elevator bullshit and free-form.

Dolphins is definitely avant garde, but make no mistake, he could play straight ahead with the best of them. He was intensely focused on developing his own unique vocabulary. If you’re not familiar, check this shit out.

4:30

Literally changed my life.

The Power Rangers theme is dope, but only because it's like 45 seconds long. Like the grindcore equivalent of Power Metal.

In fact, I could probably get into that mashup.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I love the Power Ranger theme. I grew up listening to that shit.

Dragonforce, on the other hand, has a catalog of songs that sound the same and have the same corny, hackneyed theme about dragons and wizards and shit.

Eh..to each his own I absolutely love Jazz. Like any music there is a style for every mood and Jazz is no exception. I could be mingling at a cocktail party listening to Charlie Parker or Louie Armstrong. I could be drinking coffee on a rainy day listening to Nina Simone or Ella Fitzgerald. Or staring at the stars on a beautiful night with my girl listening to Esperanza Spalding or even Erykah Badu. Or chilling in a jazz club or if I’m really in the mood something more upbeat like Trombone Shorty or even big band jazz such as Cab Calloway or Big Bad Voodoo Daddy. But like I said before to each his own.

^^^ this is why you never take anything on the Internet as truth.

Dear sir, you’re embarrassing yourself.

Wow. Well what a convincing rebuttal. How can I refute that? Now who's the one embarrassing himself?

If you're even just simply decent as a jazz musician, you probably already have the technical ability to play any genre you want.

I agree, but I would add that there are numerous shitty jazz musicians out there, usually music majors, who think they are decent jazz musicians and couldn’t even play a Deftones song if you taught them.

Wow. Well what a convincing rebuttal. How can I refute that? Now who's the one embarrassing himself?

You’re back...

<LikeReally5>

You can’t refute that because you know exactly nothing about music. You stated one of the stupidest things I have ever read on sherdog.

“Jazz has no structure”

<36><36><36>

The very tip of the iceberg, follow the link and educate yourself.

To begin your study of rhythm changes, you look at the form for this important jazz structure.

https://mattwarnockguitar.com/rhythm-changes/#form

Now for everyone’s sake, toss your computer out the window. You’re literally making the world a stupider place.

Something is wrong with a person if they don't dig this

I agree, but I would add that there are numerous shitty jazz musicians out there, usually music majors, who think they are decent jazz musicians and couldn’t even play a Deftones song if you taught them.

Of course there are people who call themselves "jazz musicians" after taking a few classes on music theory but can barely play their instrument or perform a song. But we can easily pick them out and mock them.

Shit, jazz is the fucking best. It took me a bit to get into, you owe it to yourself to give it a good try. Once it clicked I was absolutely hooked.

Back