Jemele Hill suspended by ESPN

It's mostly fake outrage. People have some reservation about listening to a woman talk about sports, so they pretend she's somehow dumber and less qualified than her male counterpart.

It's sports. It's not complicated. If a white guy sucks at broadcasting, he just sucks at broadcasting. If a woman sucks at broadcasting, "SHE'S ONLY THERE CUZ SHE'S A WOMAN! AFFIRMATIVE E:IJDLSFJ EW:IOFJ"

It's all so silly to me.

Have you listened to her? She is an absolutely terrible broadcaster. That fact is not up for debate. She sucks.

With her qualifications and talent do you think she would be where she is if she was a white guy? lol

Have you listened to her? She is an absolutely terrible broadcaster. That fact is not up for debate. She sucks.

With her qualifications and talent do you think she would be where she is if she was a white guy? lol
it is up for debate, because you are coming from a Eurocentric white perspective, and the attitude that your beliefs trump all others is a great source of generational historic evil and white privilege.

Maybe that's the role that ESPN asks her to perform? There must be a reason she is on multiple shows and is one of their most visible personalities. I'd guess she is paid to do exactly what she does, and she just crossed a boundary. I don't go to ESPN for social or political commentary, but somebody must appreciate and encourage her style to keep giving her opportunities there.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Hill most likely considers her role to be a political commentator in the context of sports issues. She crossed the line when she talked about boycotting the NFL or their sponsors, and thus indirectly, ESPN itself.

I don't watch ESPN much at all, so I'm far from an expert. But whenever I have caught her on TV, I never thought she was any worse than the other hacky analysts they typically have. But that part of it is subjective I guess.

I think she's worse, but that's because I'm looking for sports talk not The View. She may well perform her role better than Bayless does his (not that this is some kind of high standard), at least from ESPN's perspective.

it's a shame she isn't fired, if this was a white male or white woman saying this they'd be banned from commenting on sports for life, drug out into the street and raped/shot. Hopefully Jamal Hill runs into Zimmerman. Can't flim flam the zim zam

it is up for debate, because you are coming from a Eurocentric white perspective, and the attitude that your beliefs trump all others is a great source of generational historic evil and white privilege.

Bad is bad, and I know bad when I hear it. But you are racist for saying my white skin makes me unable to determine who sucks at broadcasting.

So way to be racist.

My favorite sports show is NBA on TNT because of Charles and Shaq. They are hilarious and entertaining. Its great stuff. My "Eurocentric" brain enjoys the hell out of it.

Hill is hot fucking garbage.

Bad is bad, and I know bad when I hear it. But you are racist for saying my white skin makes me unable to determine who sucks at broadcasting.

So way to be racist.

My favorite sports show is NBA on TNT because of Charles and Shaq. They are hilarious and entertaining. Its great stuff. My "Eurocentric" brain enjoys the hell out of it.

Hill is hot fucking garbage.
Oh look, another white person telling a black man what racism in, after all, your race is the authority on it since y'all invented it. I'm sure Barkley and Shaq are your favorites, since they are Uncle Toms that tap dance for their white masters. You are literally making me ill with your Zionistic white privilege and the quicker your racist generation is brought to their knees the quicker we can grow as people.

at least Molly and the blonde chick on Colin Cowherd's show look pretty legit

plus they actually kinda know what they're talking about. And aren't racist

lmao. Chrisine Leahy is an absolute moron. She claimed Lavar Ball was abusing his children and they were terrified of him, and when they brought him on the show and he was rude to her, she tried to claim that it's because he hates all women. She also tried to claim that he was threatening her. Here's a video documenting it all if u care....

lmao. Chrisine Leahy is an absolute moron. She claimed Lavar Ball was abusing his children and they were terrified of him, and when they brought him on the show and he was rude to her, she tried to claim that it's because he hates all women. She also tried to claim that he was threatening her. Here's a video documenting it all if u care....

well i did say 'kinda'
but she does actually know basketball, about as much as cowher anyway. Not like Stephen A's level

???

Youre taking personal shots at me because of my opinion? And I'm the one that the school system failed?

Bully much?
I apologize if you think I was trying to make it personal. I was merely making a statement about your horrific, uninformed, overly emotional, whiny opinion.

well i did say 'kinda'
but she does actually know basketball, about as much as cowher anyway. Not like Stephen A's level
Let's be honest. There are thousands of more qualified women out there. Cowherd is a smart guy, he's a realist and knows what moves the needle. He went through a photo album of applicants and that's how she was selected.

Firkin amen!

I think Lavar Ball is an absolute bufoon, but he was 100% right about this.

so, a racist white woman gets caught attacking a black man and now a white man on youtube breaks it down for us black folks because he think we're ignorant.

it's a shame she isn't fired, if this was a white male or white woman saying this they'd be banned from commenting on sports for life, drug out into the street and raped/shot. Hopefully Jamal Hill runs into Zimmerman. Can't flim flam the zim zam
Did nbc fire trump when he was doing all that stupid stuff like obama is a Muslim not born in America. Did the statement Obama founded isis stop you from voting for him?
Enough with this poor whiteman rhetoric you guys keep doing

so, a racist white woman gets caught attacking a black man and now a white man on youtube breaks it down for us black folks because he think we're ignorant.
What the fuck are you talking about? I made no mention of anyone being racist, nor do we know the race of the person that made the YouTube video. You think and make terrible assumptions like an emotional child. The video was a breakdown of logic, not emotions. Since you don't know the difference, maybe you should shut the fuck up and watch the video again while leaving your racial insecurities and weaknesses aside.

What the fuck are you talking about? I made no mention of anyone being racist, nor do we know the race of the person that made the YouTube video. You think and make terrible assumptions like an emotional child.
deny it all you want, you and I both know the truth.

deny it all you want, you and I both know the truth.
Notice how I explain my thoughts from beginning to end, while you just rely on assumptions based on nothing but your preconceptions and racial insecurities? If you don't understand the difference between thinking and feeling, then you don't belong any sort of discussion.

I apologize if you think I was trying to make it personal. I was merely making a statement about your horrific, uninformed, overly emotional, whiny opinion.
Thank God ignorant posts and people like you are fading away. The world is changing. Your bigoted views will be alien in the not so distant future. That fact helps me sleep at night.

Thank God ignorant posts and people like you are fading away. The world is changing. Your bigoted views will be alien in the not so distant future. That fact helps me sleep at night.
Exactly. Another response with nothing but emotional, incoherent whining. Does logic and rational thinking offend you so much?

Exactly. Another response with nothing but emotional, incoherent whining. Does logic and rational thinking offend you so much?
Okay, first of all, you're being trolled.

Second, ESPN was within their right to do what they did. She had been warned previously to handle her position better and she didn't. Makes sense. But people thinking she should be fired or silenced is nutso bananas. She needs to be smarter about it and not be so obtuse with it, but she has a right to her opinions under the right circumstances (talking about Kaep, world politics during Olympic/WC seasons etc...). It's no different than Schilling. Be anti LGBTQ and Anti-Muslim if you want... but be smarter about it. Don't be obtuse. Form quality opinions and voice them with intelligent premise/conclusion etc...

You can voice your opinion on the matter while remaining honest about the differences in the situation. You can disagree with ESPN's handling of these situations, but you can't support it without distinguishing between the two incidents.

One event occurred on live television, one was sent out in a Tweet. One was a term considered by many to be a racist attack, while the other was accusing someone else of being a racist.

Your rant about ESPN constantly cutting to "women and non-white people" telling you what to think is obvious a ridiculous exaggeration. If you have a good argument, you shouldn't have to lie.

This is the type of post you find a lot on Sherdog though.

That specific term has been used to describe other tennis players, not just black ones. It is about the style of play, not skin tone. There is actual footage of the same announcer describing a white, male tennis player as using "guerrilla tactics" several years prior to the Williams match and nothing was ever said. If you listen to any of the announcer's interviews dealing with the issue, it's pretty easy to see he isn't a racist. ESPN jumped the gun by firing him and will eventually settle out of court, having to pay him "F You" money.

Back