Jimmy Smith Out As Bellator Color Commentator

Fuck of, Viacom. Seriously.

Unless, of course, Jimmy has something personal going on that he has to leave. In which case, okay.

Otherwise, fuck Viacom.

Jimmy Smith better make Harvey Weinstein and Kevin Spacey look like saints to justify releasing him.

I think Frankie hit the nail on the head.

Spending a lot of money this year on Goldie and Mauro probably made it unfeasible to resign/keep Smith.

I think it is more about opening the seat up for Chael but putting enough of a time delay between the transfer to avoid constant comparisons

Smith and Wheelock being reunited somewhere would be a dream. I'd watch that promotion just for that commentary team.

Smith and Wheelock being reunited somewhere would be a dream. I'd watch that promotion just for that commentary team.
Maybe I dunno,........... THE FUCKING UFC COULD SIGN THEM?

Bellator has Mir, Sonnen and Randy. Guessing they use a mix of the three of them.

eh, can do without chael, but randy and mir are both amazing color commentators.

Great move. Long overdo. Thank you for reading my Sherdog posts Bellator!

Hopefully they get rid of the cage next or change the name of the company.

Hey ONE, you have a chance to replace Mitch Chilson.

Just saying.

God yes! I'm not the sort of fan who cares who the ring announcer or commentators are, but Chilson's voice drives me bananas :mad:

I could see them being reunited in M-1, since Sean is there.

Bad fiscal year?
I would genuinely like to ask for a source or more information.
All I know is their ratings are going down the drain and their expenses must have gone up, which leads me to think they had a bad fiscal year. But I would love to see some numbers/facts that support or reject my line of thinking.

Here is a little more info:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/n...r-12-16-through-11-17.3682025/#post-137044997

Re: PPV losses
According to an ESPN story, Viacom’s investment in the event was “20 to 30 times more” than anything put into Coker’s previous “tent pole” events. The investment came with expectations and based on the PPV numbers did not deliver.

20-30x more expenses then any other event is insane IMO

Great move. Long overdo. Thank you for reading my Sherdog posts Bellator!

Hopefully they get rid of the cage next or change the name of the company.
There is no one in the MMA business thinking "You know what, all my problems could be solved if I changed the name of my company and stopped using a cage for a ring!".

Here is a little more info:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/n...r-12-16-through-11-17.3682025/#post-137044997

Re: PPV losses
According to an ESPN story, Viacom’s investment in the event was “20 to 30 times more” than anything put into Coker’s previous “tent pole” events. The investment came with expectations and based on the PPV numbers did not deliver.

20-30x more expenses then any other event is insane IMO

Well it tells you one of two things.....

1: Spike invests about 100K to 250K in the tent pole events.

2: Spike invests about 300K to 500K+ in tent pole events and this PPV cost a shit load to put on.

Based on Coker yapping about 250K in buys before hand it would seem to point that they spent anywhere from 5 to 10 million all in on it. I don't care how you argue it but Spike sure isn't investing much into these bigger events outside of the PPV. That doesn't go far with guys like Fedor, Tito, Chael, Rory, etc fighting on free TV.

I think Coker will find out the Fedor deal once again is going to shit on his front door step in the end. In other words I don't believe they have the revenue to support guys making 1 million+ to fight or anything really over 500K on free TV. Got to get the ratings up and utilize the roster better even if it means they cut out some events. More isn't always better and the second half of 2017 proved that, just awful cards on paper and the ratings proved it.

Well it tells you one of two things.....

1: Spike invests about 100K to 250K in the tent pole events.

2: Spike invests about 300K to 500K+ in tent pole events and this PPV cost a shit load to put on.

Based on Coker yapping about 250K in buys before hand it would seem to point that they spent anywhere from 5 to 10 million all in on it. I don't care how you argue it but Spike sure isn't investing much into these bigger events outside of the PPV. That doesn't go far with guys like Fedor, Tito, Chael, Rory, etc fighting on free TV.

I think Coker will find out the Fedor deal once again is going to shit on his front door step in the end. In other words I don't believe they have the revenue to support guys making 1 million+ to fight or anything really over 500K on free TV. Got to get the ratings up and utilize the roster better even if it means they cut out some events. More isn't always better and the second half of 2017 proved that, just awful cards on paper and the ratings proved it.

Way more then that for tent pole events
They paid over $300k in just AC disclosed for #183

There is no one in the MMA business thinking "You know what, all my problems could be solved if I changed the name of my company and stopped using a cage for a ring!".

Who said all their problems would be solved?

There is no one in the MMA business thinking "You know what, even ONE of my problems could be solved if I changed the name of my company and stopped using a cage for a ring!

There is no one in the MMA business thinking "You know what, even ONE of my problems could be solved if I changed the name of my company and stopped using a cage for a ring!

Please god go to the UFC. Jimmy Smith is the man.

He has all of Rogan's positive qualities, with none of the negatives.

So they are not (wait for it)...virtually identical?

Seriously though, Smith is a real pro, and him and Wheelock had genuine chemistry.

Back