Media Jiri doubles down on Goddard making the right decision and that he was totally out

The commentators agreed it was an early stoppage. Most sherdoggers also do. The Youtube analysts I've watched are calling it an early stoppage. And Jiri himself says he could have kept fighting. But sure, "perfect stoppage".

Yeah, cry me a river with salty tears. Jiri lossed and got knocked out. He fell back due to his brain being rattled from the heavy fists to the head. That is reality no one can dispute. You would want his corpse to keep fighting Pereira so that is your problem. Deal with it. Goddard has to live with the consequences of his decisions. Maybe, Yamasaki should have been ref'ing it. Why no one thinks of it? He could hear and see everything up close and knew the damage Jiri was taking. He did it for no other reasons than the welfare of the fighters he is responsible for. 15 blows to the head of an extremely powerful 230 lbs kickboxer and you wanted to let him take more blows. To repeat, 15 unanswered blows to the head with no hands up to defend. Sadistic how overzealous fanbois can be and fighter health and welfare takes a backseat.

Last edited:
It looked early to me in real time. I haven’t really seen replays except the angle we saw it from in real time.

If Jiri is ok with it, fine.

And no, I’m not a Jiri fan. It just looked too early in real time to me.

797822-32028269.png

When he got dropped from the hook and Alex kept elbowing him in the clinch he literally went limp and dropped back and got mounted

He didn't go limp. You saw the slo mo replay right? If it was an easy call why did they play it back and all the commentators acknowledge it was an early stoppage?
Dude, I’m not doing the trolling. Guy clearly went limp and fell to his back after over ten straight bombs to the head. If you’re telling me he didn’t go limp and fall to his back totally limp, you’re telling me I didn’t see what is on 4K video and was played back 5 times.

Have a good day man, not interested

He was out like he was out against Reyes. If the ref had missed it and he had popped up in a second or two, yeah, the fight could have gone on. But the fact is in both cases, Jiri was unconscious (no matter how briefly), and a stoppage would have been justified.

He wasn't out, but he doesn't seem like one to dwell on negatives and what he can't change. He'll be back, and better.

Jiri is ten times the honorable martial artist than many of these prize fighters out here...

But Jiri fans, no need to keep coping. HE WAS OUT
It isn't Jiri fans, it's Izzy fans with masks on trying to downplay Poatan's achievement <45>
Watch, they're all going to grow Dagestani beards and start pushing for an Ankalaev title shot in every other thread now.
He didn't go limp.
giphy.gif

The ref is up close and can sometimes have a better sense of things better than a camera, and Jiri was secure enough in his manhood and ego to confirm that the ref as right, so that pretty much is the end of the discussion.

It isn't Jiri fans, it's Izzy fans with masks on trying to downplay Poatan's achievement <45>
Watch, they're all going to grow Dagestani beards and start pushing for an Ankalaev title shot in every other thread now.

giphy.gif
Didn't you hear? Conscious fighters always pull people into full mount after being dropped

um...life happened. He decided to change his life and dedicated himself to the sport, changed his philosophy. He was a young man just having fun, not some terrible person.
Yeah, having over 100 street fights and then becoming a hooligan is totally normal.

Jiri is ten times the honorable martial artist than many of these prize fighters out here...

But Jiri fans, no need to keep coping. HE WAS OUT
Mad respect to him… nothing worse than a fighter losing and blaming it on someone else (like an early stoppage). He took it like a man and he will be back.

Yeah, having over 100 street fights and then becoming a hooligan is totally normal.
still doesn't make terrible. in some places, 100 fights are normal as you grow up, a bit of boisterous behavior early is not a big deal to me.

giphy.gif
Absolutely went limp. As was already stated earlier, you don’t go from pushing for a double leg to flat on your back without going limp.

if it went longer you would have people crying about late stoppage.

when you see someone's legs separate and then collapse backwards from a takedown position it's not because they voluntarily did so. Then when Jiris back hits the mat his arms go back for a second like chito/omalley

So essentially he got flashed ko'd 3 times in one sequence.

I watched the Ko a lot of times and only jiri knows if he was completly out. i thought it was a bit premature but it is what it is, if he says he was out than i believe him.

Apparently nobody hates Jiri more than his fans. They want to see him die in there

Back