Media Jiri doubles down on Goddard making the right decision and that he was totally out

Not going to have the discussion when it was obvious to everyone watching the fight that he took ten straight punches and elbows to the side of the head and went limp. Not one of the 100+ people I watched the fight with last night missed it, but you did.

Not worth talking about. Double digit strikes to the head, goes limp and the fight is stopped. Easy call.
and then found himself mounted by a guy with no ground skills to speak of. kind of a dream scenario if you’re a good grappler, hurt by an elite kickboxer. if they stopped fights any time a guy got cracked and his legs gave out, we’d have very few decisions.

Never happened. We all watched the fight. They played it back in slo mo and we all saw that it was an early stoppage. He got hurt and fell back with Poaton on top of him, he never went limp.
It's not even a question of whether he went out or not, he took a ton of unanswered shots and then fell back with Alex in full mount, nowhere in that sequence did he show intelligent defense.

giphy.gif
not the worst stoppage ever, but he’s definitely not out. he’s still holding alex’s legs and even shifts his hips over like he’s going to try and sneak out the back door. would he have still gotten pounded out and destroyed? maybe. i want to see if that’s how that plays out though. jiri is known for coming back from adversity in fights. he should be given that chance.

Reactions: HHJ
Those elbows to his temple were intense. 2 or 3 more seconds and maybe it would be different…. It would likely mean much more damage to recover from for Jiri if the ref had let it go for 2 or 3 more seconds.

Didn't you hear? Conscious fighters always pull people into full mount after being dropped
I was arguing with some of the stupidest people on the planet in the PBP before Jiri came out and said he was out. Then they argued that "Jiri couldn't know he was out"
Like what? hahahaha
not the worst stoppage ever, but he’s definitely not out. he’s still holding alex’s legs and even shifts his hips over like he’s going to try and sneak out the back door. would he have still gotten pounded out and destroyed? maybe. i want to see if that’s how that plays out though. jiri is known for coming back from adversity in fights. he should be given that chance.
Speak of the devil. Yes, he is literally out there, the ref said he went out, and Jiri himself said he went out.
Cope.

and then found himself mounted by a guy with no ground skills to speak of. kind of a dream scenario if you’re a good grappler, hurt by an elite kickboxer. if they stopped fights any time a guy got cracked and his legs gave out, we’d have very few decisions.

Since when is Jiri a good grappler..?

Jiri needs to stop leading and blocking punches with his head.

Poatan def has some ground skills lol. He’s a purple belt level and he trains with gloved. The guy

Dude, I’m not doing the trolling. Guy clearly went limp and fell to his back after over ten straight bombs to the head. If you’re telling me he didn’t go limp and fall to his back totally limp, you’re telling me I didn’t see what is on 4K video and was played back 5 times.

Have a good day man, not interested
Ok final say. Well the broadcast team didnt believe he went limp after watching it in slow mo, neither did any of the MMA analysts reacting to it live , neither did most of sherdog at the time, and now we find out neither does Jiri himself believe that. You insisted on clinging to a speech where he tried not to throw Mark Goddard under the bus. It was a early stoppage, and everyone acknowledged it at the time. Deal with it.

Back