Joe Joyce vs Zhang 2 September 23rd

You brits need to stop to hype guys like that, for their own good... really. Joe Joyce has no business being that big of a name, he is actually a bad fighter, it has to be said. He's big, looks strong, sure, but he is a human punching bag really, they hyped a human punching bag... he looked so horrible in this first fight that wowwww I am shocked !

If this guy is making big fights, I don't know what to tell you brits.... it's like that white guy years ago, DAvid Price I think, he had no business fighting, he lost years of his life with all the punishment he took the poor bastard.

I think this is a mistake for Joyce...unless he's getting big bucks for it and wants to cash out.
I will be surprised if he can turn around the result from the first fight.

Before the first Zhang fight, I had to argue with not just one but several guys who thought Joyce had a real chance of beating Usyk. I swear to God, most people on this board have no idea what they’re watching and can’t predict a fight to save their lives.

Zhang is underrated and being 40 isn't gonna hurt him. Sport science is letting these guys stay Sharp for longer. Moore did it until 47 and fought top tier. Personally Fury needs to make this fight. Zhang deserves a crack at Joshua ,Wilder , Fury, Usyk, any of them. I reviewed his only loss and I feel like it's pretty arguable that he got robbed in that fight. In my mind he's undefeated.

I'll also add that Wilder needs an opponent and I'm so sick of the ducking. Andy Ruiz needs a fight as well. Like I understand the business aspects but after all this is a sport and these guys need to man up.

He has a major inferiority complex, constantly talking about 'Chinese this, Chinese that'.

I suppose GGG had an even worse inferiority complex talking about his Mexican style

You brits need to stop to hype guys like that, for their own good... really. Joe Joyce has no business being that big of a name, he is actually a bad fighter, it has to be said. He's big, looks strong, sure, but he is a human punching bag really, they hyped a human punching bag... he looked so horrible in this first fight that wowwww I am shocked !

If this guy is making big fights, I don't know what to tell you brits.... it's like that white guy years ago, DAvid Price I think, he had no business fighting, he lost years of his life with all the punishment he took the poor bastard.
I always thought Price was terrible but did wrongly think Joyce would beat Zhang first time round. I think this time will be close with JJ extra weight.

I guess I don’t see how it’s different

I do agree Joyce did better as the fight went on but he’s never really been one to move his head and I am not sure how he would stop the 10,000 left hands to the dome that Zhang did to him last time

Jesus Christ they both came in fat. Joyce thinking he’s gonna get Zhangs attn and Zhang fully understanding he’s the bigger guy and that’s his strong point.

Now BOTH will gas. How could Joyce’s team think such a thing would be the outcome changer? Because they didn’t actually change a thing. Zhang in 5.

They both weigh in the 280s? Christ. That's a combined 568 lbs that'll be in the ring tomorrow. Joyce's tank is probably the second best in the division but after ballooning up another 25 lbs I doubt it'll look the same. All he has to do is move his fucking head. Adding all that extra mass wasn't necessary. If anything it'll be detrimental to him.

They both weigh in the 280s? Christ. That's a combined 568 lbs that'll be in the ring tomorrow. Joyce's tank is probably the second best in the division but after ballooning up another 25 lbs I doubt it'll look the same. All he has to do is move his fucking head. Adding all that extra mass wasn't necessary. If anything it'll be detrimental to him.
100% this.

I mean if he proves me wrong, I'll be happy to see it, but this just screams bigger, slower target to me.

Back