Joe Joyce vs Zhang 2 September 23rd

Why the hell does Joyce think an extra 25lbs is what he needs to win?
Zhang is massive, it seems that guy's are continuing to get bigger. I used to think guys getting bigger at HW wasn't going to happen , but it is. While guys being that big in boxing have existed before , they were more of novelty like Valuev. These guys are more well rounded and skilled. Joyce was manhandled in that last fight and needed to come in bigger. Zhang's jab hit's like a truck and that jab is piston like, seems like both they know it's gonna be a war like the last one. These guys aren't " fat " and sloppy at near 300 pounds. Both fighters understand this is a meaningful figh. Again, getting hit by 270 pound guys feels a whole lot different.

Reactions: Po
This fight could suck, they are way too heavy for a 12 round fight.... workrate will be low as fuck most likely. I predict a clinchfest due to Joyce trying to be more "defensive" if you can call anything he does that.

this could be some cartoon network stuff. Just rewatched the first fight.

Joyce has some good attributes but OMG he just refuses to move his head. Took about 50 straight left hands that snapped his head back over and over. Feel free to adjust at some point eh.

Whatever. I do think moving to his left which Joryce didn't really do, would help, especially if he isn't going to move his head.

I'll say Zhang wins just because of the first fight but who knows

Zhang is massive, it seems that guy's are continuing to get bigger. I used to think guys getting bigger at HW wasn't going to happen , but it is. While guys being that big in boxing have existed before , they were more of novelty like Valuev. These guys are more well rounded and skilled. Joyce was manhandled in that last fight and needed to come in bigger. Zhang's jab hit's like a truck and that jab is piston like, seems like both they know it's gonna be a war like the last one. These guys aren't " fat " and sloppy at near 300 pounds. Both fighters understand this is a meaningful figh. Again, getting hit by 270 pound guys feels a whole lot different.
They've been steadily increasing in size particularly over the last 25-30 years. Most of the heavies today are realistically super heavyweights. That's why the WBC recently created the bridgerweight division—which I'm against.

This fight will probably come down to stamina but a fit Zhang should win. He is levels above Joyce in terms of ability. Joyce blocks punches with his face and is too slow for Zhang. I only see Joyce winning if he can avoid taking a lot of damage early on and press later by taking Zhang in the trenches. Joyce really isn’t that good, he is a tough guy with good stamina but he really is one dimensional.

Zhang should be to good but you can never count Joyce out.

supa-hot-fire-end-this-mans-whole-career.gif

Reactions: Ruv
im actually looking forward to this fight, cant beat 2 giant lumps knocking the crap out of each other

i think Joyces eye may give in early

They've been steadily increasing in size particularly over the last 25-30 years. Most of the heavies today are realistically super heavyweights. That's why the WBC recently created the bridgerweight division—which I'm against.
I assumed the WBC created the Bridgerweight division to make more money in sanctioning fees.

this fight on now .. the small guy, engel gomez, has lost 17 consecutive fights lol that has to be some kind of record

make that 18

Last edited:
Checking in for this, right before the Yarde fight, hope it’s good. Have fun sherbros

Canelo being interviewed right now, asked how did negotiations change when one charlo brother dropped off and they told him he could fight the other.
He literally said “they’re the same thing”

In Spanish it’s funnier because he meant it as they are exactly the same thing down to how they look.

Yard should make easy work. Don't think it goes past 6

Canelo being interviewed right now, asked how did negotiations change when one charlo brother dropped off and they told him he could fight the other.
He literally said “they’re the same thing”

In Spanish it’s funnier because he meant it as they are exactly the same thing down to how they look.
Is he at the fight?

God Joyce looking so stiff even on the mitts

Back