Johnny Lawrence vs Mike Barnes - WHO TAKES IT?

So the only threat to Miyagi could have been Sato. Although we're led to believe Miyagi would murk him too, since Miyagi could break a huge chunk of wood and Sato was shown failing at that same task earlier in the movie.

I guess nobody can even come close to Miyagi.

Miyagi is the Rickson of karate, Joe!

Lawrence takes it by being more pissed off.

Miyagi was such a dirty fighter for a karateka: nut punches and kicks, knees,elbows, brawling, trips, sweeps, and throws.

I met Johnny in real life.

He's a cool dude.

Had nothing but good things to say about Rodney Dangerfield.

With that said, he's not a small guy. He might just overpower Mike Barnes.

Just my $0.02

Barnes via having no shred of decency in him. Pure evil.

Johnny at least had some degree of humanity and it made him weak. Not as weak as that nancy, Bobby, but still.

I gotta be one of the minority that are going to disagree.

I think Johnny Lawrence wins against Barnes in a death match. Johnny trained with Kreese from childhood. Kreese, being a killer, for decades had been teaching Lawrence murderous techniques that were not allowed in tournament settings. Barnes grew up training for tournament fights. And he did very little actual training with Kreese and Silver. They just brought in the best tournament merc they could find. Aggressive and mean to be sure, but he was not trained to kill.

Barnes was a better competition fighter to be sure. But in a death match, free from tournament restrictions, the true scope of Johnny's skill would stand out. And with Barnes being another evil bastard, there would be no moral conflict in Johnny, and he could go full dark side.

About 2 minutes in Johnny does a crafty leg sweep then curb stomps Barnes American History X style.

Last edited:
Barnes toyed with Daniel and beat his ass. Danny was up 2-0 vs Johnny in their fight. Barnes destroys Lawrence.

Chosen committed suicide after the events of kk2. Act of coward!

Terry Silver would've lasted longer against Miyaga, that part was completely unbelievable

He does some lethal board breaking techniques to show Danielson how to do it, then when Miyagi is actually there he just jokes, half ass lunges, and gets paint spilled on him

Been a long time since I've seen it, but did Miyagi ever beat up Barnes?

I don't think he did. I do seem to recall Miyagi beating up Kreese and Silver, but I don't think Barnes was there. That would mean that the only 2 people in the Karate Kid universe to be undefeated would be Miyagi and Barnes, since we all know Barnes loss to Daniel was BS.

Barnes vs Miyagi for the LW belt!!! Make it happen, Dana!!!

edit: Ok just watched this clip and apparently Miyagi totally murks Barnes LOL.

So the only threat to Miyagi could have been Sato. Although we're led to believe Miyagi would murk him too, since Miyagi could break a huge chunk of wood and Sato was shown failing at that same task earlier in the movie.

I guess nobody can even come close to Miyagi.

Got to love how Terry Silver didn't take Miyagi serious even after flawlessly embarrassing Kreese twice in twenty seconds, lol.

I gotta be one of the minority that are going to disagree.

I think Johnny Lawrence wins against Barnes in a death match. Johnny trained with Kreese from childhood. Kreese, being a killer, for decades had been teaching Lawrence murderous techniques that were not allowed in tournament settings. Barnes grew up training for tournament fights. And he did very little actual training with Kreese and Silver. They just brought in the best tournament merc they could find. Aggressive and mean to be sure, but he was not trained to kill.

Barnes was a better competition fighter to be sure. But in a death match, free from tournament restrictions, the true scope of Johnny's skill would stand out. And with Barnes being another evil bastard, there would be no moral conflict in Johnny, and he could go full dark side.

About 2 minutes in Johnny does a crafty leg sweep then curb stomps Barnes American History X style.

IDK. Barnes kicked that Ali wannabe right in the stomach without hesitation. Seems like angry killer instinct to me. I mean, what did she really do that made him snap like that? Wasn't like she slapped him, lol.

The character of Barnes might win, but William Zabka was much better at physically performing the choreography on camera. He was a better athlete for sure. He also became a real black belt after making this movie. No clue if Sean Kanan went further than the green belt he was when he made the movie. Not that it matters but Johnny LOOKED better performing moves than Barnes to me. However Bobby was clearly the best since he was legit in real life and helped choreograph the movie along with Pat and Vidal. He just looked loose and legit. I think Chad McQueen has legit training as well. The worst of all the main Cobra Kai's was Tommy. He looked awful and like he never trained other than movie training.

Just looked it up on Wikipedia. It says she was 17, so I guess I was off by a year. Apparently Macchio was 27 and portraying an 18 year-old.

17 when the movie came out, so she was probably still 16 when it was filmed. I can understand why Macchio felt uncomfortable.

We may find out! :)

IDK. Barnes kicked that Ali wannabe right in the stomach without hesitation. Seems like angry killer instinct to me. I mean, what did she really do that made him snap like that? Wasn't like she slapped him, lol.

That was nothing. A love tap. Just trying to get Danny to sign the form.

I'm not saying Barnes was not a mean bastard. Or that he does not have a 'killer instinct'. Just that he has not trained to kill with his karate like Kreese no doubt trained Johnny.

tenor.gif

Got to love how Terry Silver didn't take Miyagi serious even after flawlessly embarrassing Kreese twice in twenty seconds, lol.
Reese is 1 of the greatest movie villains of all time. What makes that even more impressive is that he manages to do that without winning a fight on screen.

Kreese. Fucking autocorrect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
This Island Earth
Back