Media Jon Jones on whether Running is tougher than MMA as a sport

You’re arguing for a change in the rules.

If you look it like it’s a race, Jon lost the race but finished stronger. That’s it. He still lost.

Judging by "effective striking" isn't a change in the rules. It IS the rules.

Okay I’ll bite. Show me one gif of Jon’s success in that fight.

Watch the fight, particularly rounds 2 and 3. A gif shows highlights, like Reyes's flashy combos where 9 of his 10 strikes miss. You're not going to get a gif of a full five minute round where it's plain that Jones had the more effective striking overall.

Picto running away from Big Frank like a complete bitch will always be hilarious. Not to mention ducking HW for a decade, hiding under a fucking cage and crying like a jackass because he can't stop cheating.

He took his prime years off to maintain his undefeated record.
Judging by "effective striking" isn't a change in the rules. It IS the rules.

Watch the fight, particularly rounds 2 and 3. A gif shows highlights, like Reyes's flashy combos where 9 of his 10 strikes miss. You're not going to get a gif of a full five minute round where it's plain that Jones had the more effective striking overall.

So when Reyes hit Jon it wasn’t effective but when Jon hit Reyes it was. Based on what? They tally the significant strikes and that’s how they score the round. If that’s equal, which it wasn’t for 3 rounds for Reyes, they go to takedowns. If takedowns are even they go to Octagon control. None of this matters because Reyes outstruck Jon in 3 of the 2 rounds. That’s a pure objective empirical fact. The only way you can justify the decision is with subjective opinions. Which is fine, it’s what we’re all here for.

If he did “run away from the UFC,” which is quite literally bullshit because he was released, it was the smartest thing he could have done because it led to him arguably beating the GOAT HW Boxer of this era and securing a payday bigger than all his UFC fights combined.
Call it what you want, quit, gave up, fled, "looked for better options"

When the offer to fight Jones for the highest pay ever (In Francis words) Francis ran from the opportunity.

Losing to a boxer

Leaving Jones only option to fight the #1 HW for the belt, who took Francis to the limits.
1701293701434.png

Call it what you want, quit, gave up, fled, "looked for better options"

When the offer to fight Jones for the highest pay ever (In Francis words) Francis ran from the opportunity.

Losing to a boxer

Leaving Jones only option to fight the #1 HW for the belt, who took Francis to the limits.
View attachment 1013683
I’ll call it being released due to stalled contract negotiations, cause that’s what it was.
Losing to the Lineal HW Champ by a split decision, that most agree the novice won, in his 1st Pro Boxing match is not the knock you think it is. If you ever competed in anything other than speed masturbation you’d know this.
The #1 Heavyweight that was literally dominated by a one legged Ngannou who has the ground game of a Blue belt is not the great victory for Jones that you make it out to be.
There’s a reason he would only come back to fight the most stylistically advantageous fight in Gane and now refuses to fight the real #1 Heavyweight in Champ Aspinall in an effort to cherry-pick the geriatric Stipe. Though it’s obvious that you are too blinded by his Bones’ nuts in your eyes to see it.

Those title defenses are for LHW.
You can spin it how you want but it’s no coincidence that Bones entered HW competition days after Ngannou was released. It took him over 3 years to “bulk up” which was no accident and only felt ready after Big Frank was released.
But yea, he definitely ran from Big Frank.
Or, Jon's HW announcement was being held until Francis signed for the fight - we know for a fact Francis was offered this fight, he said so himself - but Francis chose to leave so the plans for Jon at HW pivoted and those plans got announced once Francis was out of the mix.

Yeah I'm one of the crazy few that think it's silly to believe that either man ran from the other. Idk why this place is dead set on it having to be a case of either running, rather than business just not working out.

I’ll call it being released due to stalled contract negotiations, cause that’s what it was.
Losing to the Lineal HW Champ by a split decision, that most agree the novice won, in his 1st Pro Boxing match is not the knock you think it is. If you ever competed in anything other than speed masturbation you’d know this.
The #1 Heavyweight that was literally dominated by a one legged Ngannou who has the ground game of a Blue belt is not the great victory for Jones that you make it out to be.
There’s a reason he would only come back to fight the most stylistically advantageous fight in Gane and now refuses to fight the real #1 Heavyweight in Champ Aspinall in an effort to cherry-pick the geriatric Stipe. Though it’s obvious that you are too blinded by his Bones’ nuts in your eyes to see it.
The only reason he'd fight HW is for the belt and Francis turned down the highest pay ever to fight him. He fled the organization. Leaving the lineal champ for the belt.

What tools did Francis have to beat Jones? He'd punch him, with his left hand? Maybe wrestle him, like he did to barely beat Gane?

There is a reason Francis turned down the highest pay ever to fight Jones and RAN from the UFC

Coach says Francis Ngannou’s pay would have significantly dropped if he’d lost to Jon Jones-

(FYI- Apinal was ranked #8 after Stipe #2, Gane #1 when Jones choked him out. Why would the champion call out an unknown fighter at #8 fighter whos never been on a PPV ?)

Or, Jon's HW announcement was being held until Francis signed for the fight - we know for a fact Francis was offered this fight, he said so himself - but Francis chose to leave so the plans for Jon at HW pivoted and those plans got announced once Francis was out of the mix.

Yeah I'm one of the crazy few that think it's silly to believe that either man ran from the other. Idk why this place is dead set on it having to be a case of either running, rather than business just not working out.
Fair enough. Thats a reasonable take so no argument from me, Sherbro.

Running is difficult and a lot of mma fighters don’t do it cause it does suck

There, I said it

To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ, son. You can't duck him for three years and then beg for his sloppy seconds.

1366364451.jpg

Picto watching Big Frank box up the champ and take everything he worked for after ducking him for three years.

GettyImages-545391888.0.jpg

Enjoy your donkey of a hero wearing a fake belt.

<RawexDidThis1>

So when Reyes hit Jon it wasn’t effective but when Jon hit Reyes it was. Based on what? They tally the significant strikes and that’s how they score the round. If that’s equal, which it wasn’t for 3 rounds for Reyes, they go to takedowns. If takedowns are even they go to Octagon control. None of this matters because Reyes outstruck Jon in 3 of the 2 rounds. That’s a pure objective empirical fact. The only way you can justify the decision is with subjective opinions. Which is fine, it’s what we’re all here for.

I'm almost positive the judges don't get the striking numbers, which is fine, because judging is inherently subjective. If the numbers were all that mattered, you wouldn't need judges.

So yes, you can justify the decision with subjective opinions. Just like every other fight decision is determined.

I'm almost positive the judges don't get the striking numbers, which is fine, because judging is inherently subjective. If the numbers were all that mattered, you wouldn't need judges.

So yes, you can justify the decision with subjective opinions. Just like every other fight decision is determined.

Jon got gifted the win to preserve his marketability. You can do all the mental gymnastics you want. He got outstruck in 3 rounds to 2. You’re arguing Jon’s striking was more effective.. where are the gifs? There’s nothing. Produce one gif. Whereas Reyes has multiple moments, even in this very thread Jon is scurrying away. Once round 3 ended Jon NEEDED a finish. Just accept that Jon isn’t as good as you thought and has struggled since they forced him to close his hands/ stop taking steroids. I’m not replying to you anymore dude I’m bored of repeating myself and you’re quite obviously blinded by bias.

This is why people call Jon a psycho, he goes for people's throat psychologically but honestly the running guy deserves it.
There's an Ancient Greek quote like "the greatest runner is not equal to the average wrestler" and it's blatantly true.
It's almost common knowledge that distance running is a white collar hobby because anyone can get into it and it's more so about practice and willingness to push through pain than any kind of skill. It's much more welcoming regardless of age whereas MMA requires all these movements that lots of people might not even be genetically able to perform.
But I'm probably preaching to the choir here. Jon took it upon himself to shut this guy down in a vicious way on behalf of the whole sport.

Seven of his opponents popped

Some were from Pride.

But thats not really a thing
<NoneOfMy>

How did you manage to misread my simple sentence that badly? There is no room to interpret it as that I said no one else has cheated, it very clearly states that he's pissed hot the highest number of times.

So on a scale of MMA to Running, how tough was sport like Bowling and Pickle Ball?

To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ, son. You can't duck him for three years and then beg for his sloppy seconds.

1366364451.jpg

Picto watching Big Frank box up the champ and take everything he worked for after ducking him for three years.

GettyImages-545391888.0.jpg

Enjoy your donkey of a hero wearing a fake belt.

<RawexDidThis1>
LOL!

Post two random photos and make up some bullshit

How can Jones duck someone for 3 years who was champ for 150 days (with zero title defences) before turning down the highest pay ever to fight him and quitting the UFC???

Francis QUIT MMA before fighting Jones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back