Media Jon Jones responds to Aspinall

He quit? The UFC offers him 6 million and someone else offers him 10, and he is supposed to be happy with the 6? Are you really this dumb or just trolling? Jones didn't say he wanted to fight until he had already said he was leaving.

Yes, everyone of them did it out of fear. They knew without them they couldn't compete. Henderson never failed a drug test, so why is he on the list. He was doing TRT which was legal at the time. It makes as much sense as allowing someone to pulse, but it was legal.

Notice how every single one of them looked like crap after? Jones looked like crap as well. Anderson was taking it to recover from a broken leg. I give him a pass, since he clearly didn't look like a guy on roids.

Francis won the title in March of 2021. He signed to fight Gane in October of 2021. He fought Gane in January of 2022. He then went out for knee surgery and left in January of 2023.

I don't fault Francis for leaving for more money quite the contrary. But faulting Jones for this fight not happening doesn't make any sense. There was a 6 month period where Francis was negotiating a title defense and somehow he ended up with a 10 career fight kickboxer-only fighter that he narrowly won. Then he left. How is that Jones' fault? He wasn't the champ, he didn't dictate who he fought. Unless we have concrete evidence that Jones was offered a fight with Frank that he turned down during March 2021-October 2021, I don't think we have much evidence. The most evidence that we have is that Jones said 8mil-10mil wasn't enough money for a fight of this magnitude.

I know there's a lot of Jones hate, but Jones is exponentially more skilled than Francis. Francis' chance would be a one punch KO (and Jones has a good chin) and would have to deal with Jones' wrestling. After his fight with Gane do we think Francis is going to be able to keep from getting taken to the ground by Jones and not get mauled?

It's hypothetical now of course but I'd bet the house on JJ.

Any legit sport doesn't respect cheaters. Baseball won't allow people in the hall of fame over it. If Jones makes the hall of fame then the UFC will never be legit. Most people look at the UFC like the WWE anyway.

This is patently false.

The baseball HOF is voted on by 80 year old sports writers. It is not baseball keeping people who tested positive out of the HOF, it's crotchety old writers who are sticks in the mud. And the baseball HOF is widely regarded as being illegitimate because of how it is clearly not about accomplishment but about popularity and politicalization of time periods.

As time passes and they finally die off we can have realistic HOF inductions. The MLB didn't even test for PED's during the era that the writers are boycotting. They loved the product that PED's produced. It created the greatest baseball player ever (Bonds) who was already a five tool stud and potentially the GOAT, then when he started juicing nobody could touch him. He was actually behind the curve of juicing and received no notoriety despite being a gold glove winning, base stealing, home run hitting, and 300+ average hitting player. All the notoriety went to one-trick pony's like McGwire and Sosa. Anyway, my point is baseball created the steroid epidemic in baseball and encouraged it. The baseball HOF isn't baseball, not even remotely close.

The NFL gives you a 4 game suspension if you test positive for PED's. Plenty of 'cheaters' in the HOF including GOAT Jerry Rice for using stickum. The NBA gives you 25.

Cheating in other sports is treated as cheating. You get the agreed upon punishment and move on. It isn't bemoaned by mouth breathers as entire careers getting canceled because guys took a diuretic when he wasn't suppose to and got caught.

Aspinall is the greatest challenge at HW. Stipe might not even be top 5 material anymore. He's old AF. Jon just wants to beat a geezer with a name and ride off into the sunset. He had years to make the Francis fight and didn't, he's not about to take a fight against Aspinall.
Aspinall is the greatest challenge at HW. Stipe might not even be top 5 material anymore. He's old AF. Jon just wants to beat a geezer with a name and ride off into the sunset. He had years to make the Francis fight and didn't, he's not about to take a fight against Aspinall.
JBJ is prob the greatest. Of the 4060 UFC fighters, he is ranked 1st for title defences, 3rd = for win streak & 7th for most wins. In terms of skillset & power he's ranked 1st for takedown defence at 95% and 4th for bottom time %. However, Aspinall is ranked 1st for shortest avg fight time, 1st for strike differential, 3rd strikes p min, 4th knockdown avg p 15min, 2nd bottom time % & has 100% takedown defence.

Francis won the title in March of 2021. He signed to fight Gane in October of 2021. He fought Gane in January of 2022. He then went out for knee surgery and left in January of 2023.

I don't fault Francis for leaving for more money quite the contrary. But faulting Jones for this fight not happening doesn't make any sense. There was a 6 month period where Francis was negotiating a title defense and somehow he ended up with a 10 career fight kickboxer-only fighter that he narrowly won. Then he left. How is that Jones' fault? He wasn't the champ, he didn't dictate who he fought. Unless we have concrete evidence that Jones was offered a fight with Frank that he turned down during March 2021-October 2021, I don't think we have much evidence. The most evidence that we have is that Jones said 8mil-10mil wasn't enough money for a fight of this magnitude.

I know there's a lot of Jones hate, but Jones is exponentially more skilled than Francis. Francis' chance would be a one punch KO (and Jones has a good chin) and would have to deal with Jones' wrestling. After his fight with Gane do we think Francis is going to be able to keep from getting taken to the ground by Jones and not get mauled?

Hard to take seriously someone that has a half of page of space in there post.

Jones sat out for 3 years. He only came back after he said he was leaving. Jones can't beat anyone without roids.

This is patently false.

The baseball HOF is voted on by 80 year old sports writers. It is not baseball keeping people who tested positive out of the HOF, it's crotchety old writers who are sticks in the mud. And the baseball HOF is widely regarded as being illegitimate because of how it is clearly not about accomplishment but about popularity and politicalization of time periods.

As time passes and they finally die off we can have realistic HOF inductions. The MLB didn't even test for PED's during the era that the writers are boycotting. They loved the product that PED's produced. It created the greatest baseball player ever (Bonds) who was already a five tool stud and potentially the GOAT, then when he started juicing nobody could touch him. He was actually behind the curve of juicing and received no notoriety despite being a gold glove winning, base stealing, home run hitting, and 300+ average hitting player. All the notoriety went to one-trick pony's like McGwire and Sosa. Anyway, my point is baseball created the steroid epidemic in baseball and encouraged it. The baseball HOF isn't baseball, not even remotely close.

The NFL gives you a 4 game suspension if you test positive for PED's. Plenty of 'cheaters' in the HOF including GOAT Jerry Rice for using stickum. The NBA gives you 25.

Cheating in other sports is treated as cheating. You get the agreed upon punishment and move on. It isn't bemoaned by mouth breathers as entire careers getting canceled because guys took a diuretic when he wasn't suppose to and got caught.
Keeping Lester Hayes out of NFL HOF for stickum= bullshit. It was legal at the time and didn't make him the great player he was (comparing to roids is goofy); he is on a very short list of the greatest man coverage defenders ever.

This is patently false.

Yes, legit sports has sport writers pick the HOF. The UFC has Dana decide. Just like the WWE has Vince decide.

4 games out of 16 is a lot, and that is only the first time. It also depends some have been 6. For a second time people have been out an whole year. I'm pretty sure anyone caught 3 times like Jones was kicked out of the league.

Only WWE fans thinks a person taking PEDS is legit.

all the nonsense people post about the situation is crazy, if only these two guys met face to face and talked it out. I think it would have gone something like this:

Regardless of the PFL apparently not telling Francis Jon Jones showed up at the event and massively failing to have Francis mic'ed for this epic confrontation the interaction was badass. I think Jones was expecting more drama and conflict the way he pulled up and was very caught off guard when Ngannou greeted him with genuine respect that changed the whole tone of the interaction from a WWE style promo to a real man to man talk about what happened with their possible fight.

When Francis said Jones took 3 years off, Jon explained he needed those 3 years to put on the weight to compete with Francis and then it is hard to hear what Francis says but there is a point where Jon's demeanor completely changes and he says "that's real, that's real" and extends a real respectful handshake and tap on the arm ending the meeting with a show of mutual respect for each other.

Yes, everyone of them did it out of fear. They knew without them they couldn't compete. Henderson never failed a drug test, so why is he on the list. He was doing TRT which was legal at the time. It makes as much sense as allowing someone to pulse, but it was legal.
LOL!

This is one way to say you have never participated in physical sport or any competition without actually saying it.

Suggesting professional athletes taking gear because "theyre afraid" is perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever heard and can only be the perspective of a bonafide video game playing, couch potato

LOL!

This is one way to say you have never participated in physical sport or any competition without actually saying it.

Suggesting professional athletes taking gear because "theyre afraid" is perhaps the dumbest thing I have ever heard and can only be the perspective of a bonafide video game playing, couch potato
Projecting way too much here. Your name is a video game character, which is just sad.

No one would take roids if they didn't feel they had too. It does horrible things to your body and has to get older just about everyone regrets it.

Keep simping for Jones. Pathetic when someone does it for a pretty girl. No words when a dude does it for a dude.

Projecting way too much here. Your name is a video game character, which is just sad.

No one would take roids if they didn't feel they had too. It does horrible things to your body and has to get older just about everyone regrets it.

Keep simping for Jones. Pathetic when someone does it for a pretty girl. No words when a dude does it for a dude.
"The computer guy" is saying a computer game character is,,, sad?
Rock on!!!

Nah man.

Its clear you've never engaged in any sport or competition, or vaguely familiar if you believe pro-athletes take gear because "they're scared" that is the epitome of a clueless couch potato projection.

Thats the silliest thing Ive ever heard.

Not the only example but you clearly want to push your Narrative so more power to you. Take care buddy
There are no grapplers even close to that on his resume. Reem is up there and he got obliterated. Pavlovich hasn’t been called well rounded by anybody except you

There are no grapplers even close to that on his resume. Reem is up there and he got obliterated. Pavlovich hasn’t been called well rounded by anybody except you
Objectively false but you do you

Any legit sport doesn't respect cheaters. Baseball won't allow people in the hall of fame over it. If Jones makes the hall of fame then the UFC will never be legit. Most people look at the UFC like the WWE anyway.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the levels that Bones was caught with "picograms" back to being well below the legal limit now?

He's literally asking to fight a legend in Stipe orJones himself though? They don't want anything to do with him cause they know what would happen lmao.

Yeah cause Aspinall is a clean athlete. He'd beat post USADA pulsing Jones while being clean too.
I think jones would dispose of him easily and quickly

I'm surprised he didn't delete this comment like he does with his others. Either way Jon is going to avoid Tom at all cost

Prior to fighting him, Gane was going to KO Jones with his insanly better striking. Jones was going to get exposed, that's what I read on here, on YT and on a bunch of other sites. And if they fought tomorrow I'd pick Cyril over Tom. Until Jones crushed him, Gane was the best HW on the roster. Now IMHO he's the 2nd best (Bones being the best) If Jon's avoiding Tom at all costs, he was an idiot for fighting the better fighter in Gane. And to be honest Gane's resume isn't super either. Regardless of how many wins all 3 (Tom, Cyril & Sergi) have they're not beating fighters people will remember. This isn't a knock on them, just a knock on the HW roster.

I suspect if Bones had never went to HW Gane would have won the belt against whoever he fought. But now all of a sudden after beating someone who doesn't really have any top top wins, people are proclaiming Aspinall's the future.

Tom's best win is arguably a waaaaay past his prime Arlovski. No disrespect to Pavlovich, but neither him or Aspinall have proven themselves. Both COULD be greats one day, but Tom being HW champ just shows how possibly weak the HW division is.

Most of what I say is just my opinion, but my opinion is Jones beats anyone in the division, he's old and past his prime. But he's that good and he's proven. No other HW aside from Stipe is proven. Tom MIGHT go down as a GOAT but he has a long way to go before his name should even be mentioned along side a Stipe. If Bones fought Aspanell he beats him and the excuses would start just like when he beat Gane.

Back