Jones at HW is a Bust

People were literally saying that this fight was easy if Jones grappled. Ngannou out grappled Gane lol
Who's "people"?

These people?

Jones looks tiny next to gane. Gane will rag doll him.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/jones-looks-tiny-next-to-gane-gane-will-rag-doll-him.4280138

Gane will put a masterclass against Jones
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/gane-will-put-a-masterclass-against-jones.4280188

If by "people", you mean me, then yea, you're correct.

Funny how people only say this AFTER the fight. Because right before everyone was saying Jones couldn't handle someone Gane's size, only Ngannou could take Gane down because of his size.
Who said that? There were a couple wishful thinkers, most people said as soon as it was announced that a guy who got wrestlefucked by Ngannou has no chance against Jones. Most people even knew the exact gameplan the week it was announced.

Funny how people only say this AFTER the fight. Because right before everyone was saying Jones couldn't handle someone Gane's size, only Ngannou could take Gane down because of his size.
I understand you're not actually saying literally everyone, but you can go back and look at my posts-- I don't think most people thought Gane had a chance against Jones. The biggest tell is the fact that Ngannou, an absolute novice grappler, kept taking Gane down. What we've seen time and time again is that you can be the greatest striker ever, but if you have the threat of a wrestler in front of you your ability is severely compromised. I think most people who saw Jones losing were counting on him having severe ring rust, and while Jon is a liar and a cheat, he's not lazy.

Blaydes against Jones would be a much longer fight. Even Stipe who is well into his 40's would create a lot of trouble for Jon.

Funny how I've literally been saying the guys I listed would beat Jones since 2014ish. Of course they're all old now

Since this fight was announced I've been saying it depends on what Jones decides to do. If he decided to strike Gane wins but like many many people said if he grapples its over for Gane
Funny how now Jones is bulked and ready for HW like he said he was and now no one can put a name he would lose to, only hypotheticals if you rewind time. Which btw he wouldn't have his LHW legacy and people will say he went to the division with less skill to dominate and ducked the more skilled fighters.

Jones dad bod and burned out look fooled us, mang. Looked slow in training camp and we assumed Cyril would come back from Dagestan looking like Marcin Tybura or something.

Even DC didn't anticipate this, no one really expected him to go out and dominate like that. At best they expected a crafty victory by the vet Jones.

DC was really quiet when Jones was taking over the last part of the fight, it was easy to miss how not excited he was.

Who said that? There were a couple wishful thinkers, most people said as soon as it was announced that a guy who got wrestlefucked by Ngannou has no chance against Jones. Most people even knew the exact gameplan the week it was announced.

I don't have time to comb through the forums and find all the threads they were in, but there were enough that it was a comparable percentage to the Islam/Olivera debates.

maybe heavyweight has always been bad?

Flawless victory in his HW debut and it’s a bust? Even if you hate Jones, why are you so blinded by hate and can’t see how incredibly good he is? I’ve almost always rooted against Jones, especially when he was beating up the old dogs at LHW, but damn he is a once ever fighter.

There were some rumblings of this when Francis left but TBH this was the case as soon as Reem and Werdum aged out which was 2017ish

Both those guys and Stipe at the time would hand Jones losses

That was the last time for Jones to really test himself. He did the smart thing and did the Floyd strategy (never face anyone who poses a real threat).

Stipe now is old. It's not compelling at all.

2013/2014 Would've been the most compelling time for him to move.

JDS, Cain, Werdum, Reem, Mir, Arlovski, Stipe, Barnett were all still very good at the time.

Jones would not beat all those guys at that time.

LMAO!!

This is some weirdo way of coping.

Its barely intelligible, but the pain and lack of sleep from last night clearly still lingers in a clouded mind.

Jones won because Ganes dog didn't show up.

Ganes performance was one of the worst HW showings of all time.
He got taken down and submitted by the superior grappler.

Great example of coping^
I think he has good points.
I feel like none of my questions about Jones were answered. What I do think is one guy showed up to fight and the other guy just showed up.

Also, beating old Stipe won't prove much.
Now, beating Pavolich, Blaydes, or Aspinall---yes, that would be impressive.

There were some rumblings of this when Francis left but TBH this was the case as soon as Reem and Werdum aged out which was 2017ish

That was the last time for Jones to really test himself. He did the smart thing and did the Floyd strategy (never face anyone who poses a real threat).

JDS, Cain, Werdum, Reem, Mir, Arlovski, Stipe, Barnett were all still very good at the time.

You're clueless. Jones moved up in weight after he felt he accomplished all he could in LHW. There were still challenges left, maybe, but no real compelling fights. No one is claiming Jon Jones is the best HW of all-time, though he just might be the best one TODAY.

He got taken down and submitted by the superior grappler.

Yeah I known it was pathetic.. he had ZERO wrestling.. shocking performance.

Jones won because Ganes dog didn't show up.

Ganes performance was one of the worst HW showings of all time.
I concur.
Where was the guy that got flattened by Tai and came back to get the finish? Gane came TO the fight, but didn't come to FIGHT.

you’re a casual. dead @ floyd never facing a real threat. dude has beaten almost every great fighter of his era.

Yeah I known it was pathetic.. he had ZERO wrestling.. shocking performance.
He got taken down by one of the great grapplers in the history of the sport. It doesn’t mean you have zero wrestling when that happens. It means your wrestling isn’t as good.

The only guy listed that would pose a threat would be Cain.

Lol at thinking Arlovski or Barnett would be compelling

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back