Media Jones described why Gane quickly tapped

Gane also saw what the psychopathic Jon did to Machida, and didn't want to end up a meme on Sherdog

FinishedArcticArmadillo-max-1mb.gif

What was Jon supposed to do here ? He let him go. It's not like he hit him with a pile driver or rode him to the mat or anything.

as much of a psychopath he is

i feel he showed gane some mercy by not elbowing his face in from that position

gane should feel blessed the goat didn't want to play with his food

as much of a psychopath he is

i feel he showed gane some mercy by not elbowing his face in from that position

gane should feel blessed the goat didn't want to play with his food
Yeah typically when Jones starts the GnP the fight ends violently, this time he just went straight for the throat

What was Jon supposed to do here ? He let him go. It's not like he hit him with a pile driver or rode him to the mat or anything.
It's been debated many times.

He isn't required to help an opponent who he knows is out...but most competitors do.

It doesn't prove he's an awful person. It just suggests he's not a great person.

Me? I look at it like hitting a guy that's out before the ref gets there. I don't judge someone harshly for it.

But I also like it when competitors hold back.

TLDR: Jones didn't have to drop him. A nicer guy probably wouldn't have.

Last edited:
meh. Gane knew that if he got taken down, it would be almost impossible to get back up. And his tapping is for the exact same reason Lesnar tapped to Mir's "leg lock".
They had no clue what they were and how to get out of there, and it was hurting enough for them to fear an injury if they didn't tap...live to fight another day!

Back