Jones the only one calling himself GOAT

I feel bad for this thread. People aren't getting it.

It's not "no one besides Jon thinks he is the GOAT"
It's just about which fighters call THEMSELVES the greatest

Most candidates don't name themselves
* Anderson Silva said "BJ Penn is the best of all time". Next are Royce and Big Nog.
* GSP said "If it’s to compare every athlete who competed at their time and who was the most dominant at their time, who had the most achievements, for me it’s Royce Gracie"
* Fedor said: "I never considered myself to the best one,” to the MMA hour “A fighter can lose at any moment. And there are some fighters that, for example, are defending on some position that will be better than me in some technique.”
* Mighty Mouse -
In a recent guesting on MMA Junkie Radio, “Mighty Mouse” explained why he thinks Jon Jones stands out among other greats like Khabib Nurmagomedov and Israel Adesanya.

Last edited:
Jones certainly comes off as a less admirable person than other GOAT candidates. Doesn't make him a worse fighter though.

Jon was asked about GOAT status in an interview this week from the fat man with the first question.

His answer was that he feels that based on in the cage (/ring) performance and achievement alone that he is already the clear #1, but he understands that fans could include outside factors and come to a different conclusion.

Even if he had a PR person right that answer for him, it's a good answer.

Jon has had his hand raised in 18 consecutive UFC fights.

Jon has had his hand raised in 15 consecutive UFC title fights.

If you ignore steroids, I think it's pretty tough to argue. He's the Barry Bonds of MMA. People will make arguments for others (Ruth/Fedor, Mays/GSP), but let's be real - if there is no steroid discussion, no one is raising hell about calling him the goat.

I don't know that I necessarily agree with his logic, but in the context of the thread - it's certainly not surprising that the guy who cheated doesn't think it was a big deal or should be a disqualifier.

Well, nobody ever beat him, so...

And his resume is infinitely more impressive than Khabib's.

GSP still beats him and Anderson's peak was higher, but Jones has the easiest case to make outside of PED's.

Regardless if you think proven drug cheaters fighting smaller opponents for most of their career should be in the conversation for GOAT or not. John Jones stands out in the fact he's the only GOAT candidate calling himself GOAT, saying it's not even close. Is there something to this self-proclaimed goatness?

He's so cringe. Picogram goat. Goat of popping around and no lifetime ban.

Zzzzzz
Is this news, or just the daily lame attempt at looking for miserable company? Be honest, are you happy?

Of course it's a great resume, but would the resume look the same if he did not cheat and his opponents did?

Seven of his opponents have popped.

It should be apparent whats going on with peds in MMA,
ESPECIALLY to anyone who claims to be familiar with the fighters of Pride of all things.

Regardless if you think proven drug cheaters fighting smaller opponents for most of their career should be in the conversation for GOAT or not. John Jones stands out in the fact he's the only GOAT candidate calling himself GOAT, saying it's not even close. Is there something to this self-proclaimed goatness?
Its weird, a couple other people are calling him the GOAT

I dont know who half of these people are-

goat (2).png goat (3).png goat (4).png goat (5).png goat (6).png goat (7).png goat (8).png
goat (9).png goat (1).png

Seven of his opponents have popped.

It should be apparent whats going on with peds in MMA,
ESPECIALLY to anyone who claims to be familiar with the fighters of Pride of all things.
And? The large majority of his opponents have not.

Gus or DC on roids would cemented his legacy once and for all. Hence it was the roids that kept him winning.

*See front page poll where 6,000 people voted.

The Lance Armstrong doping case was a major doping investigation that led to retired American road racing cyclist Lance Armstrong being stripped of his seven consecutive Tour de France titles, along with one Olympic medal, and his eventual admission to using performance-enhancing drugs.

Jone jones is like armstrong, only jones keep his title

PEDs and outside antics aside. If we're strictly talking about in cage fighting ability, IQ etc.. He is right.

Him having a different frame doesn't make him "bigger" than his opponents. He's just built differently and knows how to utilize his length better than most.

At the end of the day, they all weigh in the same at the scales. He ever missed weight or struggled to make weight thanks to his chicken legs.

He probably has the perfect build for MMA really, tall and long. Plus I reckon he was the perfect weight for LHW as well, 220ish before cutting, I think that's an ideal amount to cut

If we're ignoring PED cheats than yeah I do agree that he's the GOAT

he was good at beating up old dinosaurs leftover from pride and what not, once his juice was sanctioned (a bit) and he had to go up against dudes from his own era, he couldn't even finish a legless brawler

Back