Jose Aldo, Dominick Cruz? What's the best path for them to become champion again?

Cruz has it tough cause he's TJ and Cody in front of him, both very tough fights. Cody beat him already and TJ fought a very close fight and both guys are better now while Cruz likely hasnt changed much. And you got guys like Moraes and Rivera around now who are dangerous.

Aldo doesnt have that much to worry about aside Ortega. If he beats Stephens and looks in top form that we know Aldo has a good shot to get the belt back.

If aldo wants to be champ again, he's going to have to work on his cardio, and I believe he would do better with some better movement, not that walking down or step hooks and leg kicks, some evasive movements, and I feel like that would also get him a knock out in the 4th round against hollaway, if he plays his cards right.

I doubt either will get the belt again.

Cruz just can’t catch a break with injuries and aldo is done.

I disagree. That cut was a just one of the many issues that lead Cruz to lose. Cody was way too fast and powerful for him. Plus his TDD gave Dom fits.

TJ vs Cruz could have been called a draw. Dom was clearly rhe stronger wrestler and was no slouch on the feet. It was razor thin.

TJ and him will always be 50/50 imo.

First two rounds were close without the cut. He lost big once the cut became an issue. The cut made dom go forward, which we almost never see dom do. I think it was a major factor, but...we disagree.

Step 1: Earn a title shot
Step 2: Win the fight

Cruz won 50-45 on the cards if I remember. Fight wasn’t close
DJ was competitive with Dom in striking.Dom won because of the takedowns.Bet DJ improved a lot along with Dom but i hink he's a better fighter now

If Max stays champion, Cruz.

If not, both have a shot.

man both guys seem past their bests. I'd actually say that I think Cruz is further removed from his prime. Max seems to just be an awful matchup for Aldo, so I don't see him getting that belt back if Max is there.

First two rounds were close without the cut. He lost big once the cut became an issue. The cut made dom go forward, which we almost never see dom do. I think it was a major factor, but...we disagree.
I thought round 5 was Cruz's best round despite the cut and KDs. Meh, it is what it is. Neither are easy fights and would require Dom put on a damn near perfect performance at this point in his career

DJ was competitive with Dom in striking.Dom won because of the takedowns.Bet DJ improved a lot along with Dom but i hink he's a better fighter now
yeah i remember dom suplexed him lol. i think at his best he has mighty mouses number, hes just quick enough and has the size and grappling to toss him around. now tho hes had like 100 injuries so mighty mouse has a chance at 135, still prob favor dom tho

Aldo if he remembered to throw leg kicks - why he tried to just stand n bang with Max I got no clue. Aldo chin looks a little shot.

Cruz can't get healthy I doubt he fight again an becomes full time commentator.

Now Shogun................................................ Id DC is done with LHW and he wins this weekend - Shogun could beat Gus

I thought round 5 was Cruz's best round despite the cut and KDs. Meh, it is what it is. Neither are easy fights and would require Dom put on a damn near perfect performance at this point in his career

It was the clearest round for dom, but I'm not sure if that's because Cody was costing, or if he got tired. Either way, Dom didn't fight like himself in rounds 3,4, and 5 in my opinion. I'd like to see the rematch some time.

Cruz vs TJ is a 50/50 fight.

Dom can fight Moraes or Assuncao, win and fight the winner of TJ vs. Cody II. Unless they do a trilogy if necktats wins.

Cruz is done, if he fights again it'll be a loss.
Aldo we'll see how much is left next weekend.

The best path will be bellator

Back