Josh Barnett Has Been Released By The UFC

Jesus, this guy truly gave no fucks about his fans. Never realized he considered himself retired or semi-retired. He embarrassed Arlovski drawing back fans, pops again, then retires. Not sure how in the unholy fuck he returned that USADA suspension, but goddamn. This guy is something else. I always enjoyed watching him fight, however his roidage and now untimely retirement has me again hating him almost as much as I hated him for the Fedor fight.

Not the Baby Faced Assassin!?
First Erik Silva and now this
Another young prospect gone

yeh, as soon as he retired and informed usada of that

a) he was no longer eligible to fight in the ufc without doing 6 months in the testing pool (so he could not possibly lose out on any ufc income)

b) there was no real rush in his case from either party because he was retired anyway and so unable to compete

guess coaching will have to do for him. Seems like he's been doing more of that in recent memory anyway.

lxOMC.gif

Prediction:

• Barnett signs with Bellator
  • Barnett becomes alternative for HW Grand Prix and fills in for the final fight
  • Barnett pops for PEDs the week of the fight and card is cancelled
  • Bellator folds
That's funny.

Why is the UFC getting rid of the clean fighters and keeping the roiders like Jones?

probably goes to rizin or bellator
Best yet fit in my opinion. He is never going to be champion in the UFC but there are some phenomenal legacy fights out there for him, like Fedor, Mir, CC, etc. call me cray cray but I got a feeling Werdum may be headed out soon too: 3-3 in last 6 and just flagged by USADA

It's definitely safe to say that his best days are behind him too.

so lame.

i love Barnett.

everyone always says HW is shallow,

HEAVYWEIGHT ISNT SALLOW,

UFC HEAVYWEIGHT IS SHALLOW.

they need to dump WMMA, use the money and round up 15 quality HWs...
- much cheaper than the disaster of WMMA.

if they REALLY wantd to fix it, they'd tss in a developmental budget and attract younger athletes, paying them sooner.

would be cheaper and much more beneficial than USADA.

Well, at least this way he'll never piss hot again. What is it, like 4 times he's done that? Hell, he was pissing hot long before it became the cool thing to do.

Now he can become Shayna's manager in NXT.

Well, at least this way he'll never piss hot again. What is it, like 4 times he's done that? Hell, he was pissing hot long before it became the cool thing to do.
It was a false positive the last time which resulted in him being out of action for a couple years.

I'm pretty sure Josh asked to be released, or at least agreed with it.

Back