Law Judge rules that banning illegal immigrants from carrying arms violates their 2nd amendment

They would still face the US military once they start to implement their little plan. 100,000 russians armed with rifles vs the entire US military.
The point wasn't about the fact that a war would break out with our military, it was more that mass legions of enemy soldiers can enter our country illegally, arm themselves and we would have no legal recourse to prevent that beyond waiting half a decade to check if their asylum claims are valid.

So, how about those background checks the rest of us have to do? Does that apply to them?

The point wasn't about the fact that a war would break out with our military, it was more that mass legions of enemy soldiers can enter our country illegally, arm themselves and we would have no legal recourse to prevent that beyond waiting half a decade to check if their asylum claims are valid.
Yeah, I think it's reasonable that you should be a citizen or at least a green card holder to buy a weapon.

Who left 85 billion of our best military equipment for the Taliban?
also

lmao

"$85B of our best military equipment" <Dany07>

Even the incredibly partisan House report isn't that crazy.

It was $7B of our hand me downs that were given to the ANA, almost none of it was ours and definitely not our best military equipment.

I also think it's cute how they clutch pearls about Biden abandoning Afghans to the Taliban while simultaneously decrying that he "secretly" flew in asylum seekers from... Afghanistan in the thousands.

Anyone honest wouldn't try to put the blame of the Afghanistan withdrawal squarely on Biden's feet. Clearly the arming and building of the ANA and the eventual withdrawal from Afghanistan was the culmination of multiple administration's policies and decisions.

Can you imagine the disaster if Biden actually adhered to the earlier time table set by Trump? Or if he didn't send in more troops to assist?

So, how about those background checks the rest of us have to do? Does that apply to them?
That’s my understanding (I’m still trying to get ahold of the full copy of the ruling). The case was specifically about Title 18, a federal law that prohibits undocumented immigrants from owning weapons. This judge ruled that is unconstitutional, in light of SCOTUS’s decision in Bruen.

This particular undocumented immigrant had no prior history of firearms crimes and said they he purchased the firearm solely to protect himself and property during the time of the “civil unrest” in 2020. You’d think he’d have more right wing support around here. ;)

Last edited:
Suddenly that six week maximum before any immigrant gets their hearing date is looking pretty good huh?

Maybe Republicans will have a change of heart and start supporting it now. lol.
That’s a good part. Republicans are missing out on the part where they will be denied asylum if they haven’t sought asylum in one of the countries they traveled through to get to the border.

I'm not the one putting people on a terrorist watch list then going "totally cool if you buy all the guns"

Your republican overlords created this issue lmao

The FBI tried to put Catholics and Parents in terrorist categories. We don't trust the Federal Government with our Constitutional Rights like the bill you cited does. The bill was for assholes. No thank you said those that actually thought about what the Democrats and Left are doing to weaponize the government against citizens. It was a Clown World bill and apparently, you supported it.

The FBI tried to put Catholics and Parents in terrorist categories. We don't trust the Federal Government with our Constitutional Rights like the bill you cited does. The bill was for assholes. No thank you said those that actually thought about what the Democrats and Left are doing to weaponize the government against citizens. It was a Clown World bill and apparently, you supported it.

Sounds pretty goddamn accurate tbh

<36>

Especially with all the rape

also

lmao

"$85B of our best military equipment" <Dany07>

Even the incredibly partisan House report isn't that crazy.

It was $7B of our hand me downs that were given to the ANA, almost none of it was ours and definitely not our best military equipment.

I also think it's cute how they clutch pearls about Biden abandoning Afghans to the Taliban while simultaneously decrying that he "secretly" flew in asylum seekers from... Afghanistan in the thousands.

Anyone honest wouldn't try to put the blame of the Afghanistan withdrawal squarely on Biden's feet. Clearly the arming and building of the ANA and the eventual withdrawal from Afghanistan was the culmination of multiple administration's policies and decisions.

Can you imagine the disaster if Biden actually adhered to the earlier time table set by Trump? Or if he didn't send in more troops to assist?
<Huh2>

I agree with the ruling.

The less caveats to gun ownership…The better for the future of 2A and the country. It’s not a privilege. It’s a right. We wouldn’t say an illegal can be arrested for saying things the government doesn’t agree with either. They haven’t been and aren’t.

They don’t have a constitutional right to be in the country illegally though and many can and should be arrested and deported for that.

I agree with the ruling.

The less caveats to gun ownership…The better for the future of 2A and the country. It’s not a privilege. It’s a right. We wouldn’t say an illegal can be arrested for saying things the government doesn’t agree with either. They haven’t been and aren’t.

They don’t have a constitutional right to be in the country illegally though and many can and should be arrested and deported for that.

Giving you a like for ideological consistency even if I disagree with the premise of the 2A dogma.

I agree with the ruling.

This might be the first time I ever read one of your posts and didn't automatically assume you were out of your mind.

That’s my understanding (I’m still trying to get ahold of the full copy of the ruling). The case was specifically about Title 18, a federal law that prohibits undocumented immigrants from owning weapons. This judge ruled that is unconstitutional, in light of SCOTUS’s decision in Bruen.

This particular undocumented immigrant had no prior history of firearms crimes and said they he purchased the firearm solely to protect himself and property during the time of the “civil unrest” in 2020. You’d think he’d have more right wing support around here. ;)

And how do you do a background check on someone from another country that doesn’t belong here? Not usually the easiest to find their records, or at least we couldn’t when I had to catch and report them to ice. We could only check for criminal history in this country and I once had a guy we were told to release and it came back the next couple days that he was wanted for murder in Central America, which didn’t want him held for some reason. This was probably 20 years ago.

We would have migrant workers on occasion that ice would want for simply being here. This guy, went nuts in a store and tried to piss on us and we had to fight him and took him to jail. He fought them as well, but ice told the jail or magistrate not to hold him and release him. Then they called me on my day off to come in and look for him. Never saw him again.

He probably has a gun living in a migrant shelter at a high school in NYC right now.

Yes, gun control is reasonable, but a lot of judiciary stacking has put unlimited gun ownership as some sort of sacred right of humankind.

Gun banners have made the pro 2a crowd unable to be flexible. Give an inch lose a mile. There's a lot of blame to go around about why any kind of gun legislation is knee jerk resisted.

I don't think non citizens should be allowed to carry them but I get how we got here.

Gun control is reasonable depending on what you are asking for but the debate is now toxic and almost always leads to the same place.

This is insane if true. I can't even imagine being law enforcement dealing with these illegals that can carry a gun with no drivers license or social security card.

Natural rights of any human
The bill of rights doesn't even apply to every American citizen so not sure why people in the country illegally, who are considered criminals in most other jurisdictions, should have this very important right.
Good grief Charlie Brown.

What about the majority who have no Identification? Got aways just bring the guns with them, sometimes.
Or fake IDs....or their friends IDs...
Do you think if someone from another country has a murder charge we can't find out?

This phrasing alone implies that there are records of this person and the criminal act.

One of the reason that the immigration process in general is so lengthy is because of international records requests and exchanges.
You underestimate the number of illegals with no IDs, fake IDs, their brother's or cousin's ID, etc....it's incredibly difficult to verify many of them. I have had those crackerjack IDs from Central and South America handed to me and I didn't have the first clue if they were genuine. Even those who were arrested in US multiple times often are booked under fake aliases/identities. Now imagine these people with no good identity having an absolute right to buy guns. It is also not impossible for hardened illegal criminals to live in US. You may think all this is overblown or 'fan fiction' but it is absolutely a reality law enforcement face in US.

Reactions: N13
Back