News July 25 Naoya Inoue vs Stephen Fulton

Im too tired to go through whole thread can someone knowedgeable tell me is this stacking thing all bullshit and mind games or is there something in it?

all LLMs make shit up. people really shouldn't rely on them.

if you are specific it can be avoided or detected. But strangely it will read a name or something completely wrong and when you try to correct it, it just outright insists it is correct.

in the case of this one all it seems to know is that the fight is happening and then it guesses what channel it will be on.

Im too tired to go through whole thread can someone knowedgeable tell me is this stacking thing all bullshit and mind games or is there something in it?
ask yourself if japanese do dishonorable stuff like this typically

if you are specific it can be avoided or detected. But strangely it will read a name or something completely wrong and when you try to correct it, it just outright insists it is correct.

in the case of this one all it seems to know is that the fight is happening and then it guesses what channel it will be on.
The issue can only be mitigated to a degree. It's still an open problem that we're actively working on in Big Tech and academia. AI hallucinations as a whole can't be fixed until we determine the root of the problem. Researchers and analysts have been looking into it for many years. They're still not sure if it's the datasets or the models themselves. In the next several years AI is projected to be a multi-trillion dollar industry so that's quite the financial incentive to find a solution.

The issue can only be mitigated to a degree. It's still an open problem that we're actively working on in Big Tech and academia. AI hallucinations as a whole can't be fixed until we determine the root of the problem. Researchers and analysts have been looking into it for many years. They're still not sure if it's the datasets or the models themselves. In the next several years AI is projected to be a multi-trillion dollar industry so that's quite the financial incentive to find a solution.
It seems to work best when you use it like google or for quick research but you push it for direct tough info they seem to like padding it in with nonsense.

I've actually learned to trigger them pretty much at will at this stage. If I want I can make it fabricate facts it presents as true left right and center. I've noticed Bing chat resists the bs longer though.

Bing is the stoic librarian
Bard is an aloof researcher
ChatGPT has pretty much become my floaty hippy friend who doesn't want to see anyone get hurt

Something about their personalities seems to determine when they resort to fabrication

It seems to work best when you use it like google or for quick research but you push it for direct tough info they seem to like padding it in with nonsense.

I've actually learned to trigger them pretty much at will at this stage. If I want I can make it fabricate facts it presents as true left right and center. I've noticed Bing chat resists the bs longer though.

Bing is the stoic librarian
Bard is an aloof researcher
ChatGPT has pretty much become my floaty hippy friend who doesn't want to see anyone get hurt

Something about their personalities seems to determine when they resort to fabrication
Just don't rely on them. That's the point myself and others are getting at. Nvidia has a more reliable solution called NeMo Guardrails that uses a second LLM to fact check the first one's responses. However, even that isn't foolproof. Other systems use several LLMs and require them to reach a consensus (vote as to whether their answer is correct). It's a mess. You're better off doing your own independent research at this time. They keep talking about Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) but we're realistically decades off from achieving it. We're not there yet with AI.

Just don't rely on them. That's the point myself and others are getting at. Nvidia has a more reliable solution called NeMo Guardrails that uses a second LLM to fact check the first one's responses. However, even that isn't foolproof. Other systems use several LLMs and require them to reach a consensus (vote as to whether their answer is correct). It's a mess. You're better off doing your own independent research at this time. They keep talking about Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) but we're realistically decades off from achieving it. We're not there yet with AI.
yeah it's not in the best state but I think it is on the user to spot their own mistakes. If someone thinks they can just use it to skimp on college assignments and it fluffs some info then so be it.

Might point out my av is AI generated. I had an image I wanted to make and I kept at it until I got what I wanted. I guess the entire experience works like that, you have to be specific and fine tune it, but you also need to be aware of just simply using it to get what you want.

yeah it's not in the best state but I think it is on the user to spot their own mistakes. If someone thinks they can just use it to skimp on college assignments and it fluffs some info then so be it.

Might point out my av is AI generated. I had an image I wanted to make and I kept at it until I got what I wanted. I guess the entire experience works like that, you have to be specific and fine tune it, but you also need to be aware of just simply using it to get what you want.
More universities are banning AI and checking their students' work using AI detection tools. Yeah, nowadays it's being used to generate imagery and artwork. Even the latter is in the process of being banned. It's a fun toy to play with, and an extremely powerful one, but deeply flawed nevertheless. Until the hallucination problem is worked out across the board it's much less appealing to me. The whole point is for it to consistently return accurate answers and not convincing bullshit.

More universities are banning AI and checking their students' work using AI detection tools. Yeah, nowadays it's being used to generate imagery and artwork. Even the latter is in the process of being banned. It's a fun toy to play with, and an extremely powerful one, but deeply flawed nevertheless. Until the hallucination problem is worked out across the board it's much less appealing to me. The whole point is for it to consistently return accurate answers and not convincing bullshit.

speaking of which, I have an odd one of those. I've been scanning my face with AI tools to apply different filters (anime etc) despite not having a beard in any of the photos the AI keeps giving me a beard. Wouldn't even be that odd except it's giving me the exact beard shape I have when it's grown, How could it possibly know that? I've also tried "drawing" other people using keywords and been able to copy them quite well. When I used keywords to sketch myself (no photo) it gave me the exact same beard the other models gave me. I stressed "no beard or clean shaving" and it still insisted on giving me the same beard. Especially odd cos it's specifically a kind of van dyke which is pretty specific.

any way keeping this on topic. lazy key words gets lazy proportions. Like the beard issue I had to keep stressing it was boxing.

keywords: japanese asian boxer the monster inoue punching the other boxer fulton with a strong punch to the body, knocking him down in round 7. The basis for this image is the inoue v fulton fight being held in japan on 25/7/2023. keep the proportions realistic. display round 7 clearly and make in the style of the anime Hajime no Ippo. Emphasize the punch to the body delivered

(it kept overemphasizing kicking and even after stressing boxing again and again it still decided to lift the would be fulton's leg)
OIG.Ebal5nJl4EjXXJYPsOhI

KW: same fighters and use poster material from the fight to match their design. Set it in round 5, fulton is dragging his feet and sore in the body as Inoue clips him with body shots. The basis for this image is the inoue v fulton fight being held in japan on 25/7/2023. keep the proportions realistic. make in the style of the anime Hajime no Ippo. Make sure it's a boxing match

OIG.SWNtDUVvFhPA90c_NHvR

Last edited:
speaking of which, I have an odd one of those. I've been scanning my face with AI tools to apply different filters (anime etc) despite not having a beard in any of the photos the AI keeps giving me a beard. Wouldn't even be that odd except it's giving me the exact beard shape I have when it's grown, How could it possibly know that? I've also tried "drawing" other people using keywords and been able to copy them quite well. When I used keywords to sketch myself (no photo) it gave me the exact same beard the other models gave me. I stressed "no beard or clean shaving" and it still insisted on giving me the same beard. Especially odd cos it's specifically a kind of van dyke which is pretty specific.

any way keeping this on topic. lazy key words gets lazy proportions. Like the beard issue I had to keep stressing it was boxing.

keywords: japanese asian boxer the monster inoue punching the other boxer fulton with a strong punch to the body, knocking him down in round 7. The basis for this image is the inoue v fulton fight being held in japan on 25/7/2023. keep the proportions realistic. display round 7 clearly and make in the style of the anime Hajime no Ippo. Emphasize the punch to the body delivered
OIG.Ebal5nJl4EjXXJYPsOhI

KW: same fighters and use poster material from the fight to match their design. Set it in round 5, fulton is dragging his feet and sore in the body as Inoue clips him with body shots. The basis for this image is the inoue v fulton fight being held in japan on 25/7/2023. keep the proportions realistic. make in the style of the anime Hajime no Ippo. Make sure it's a boxing match

OIG.SWNtDUVvFhPA90c_NHvR
Either its predictive algorithms are just that impressive or the AI you're using has access to a central database in the cloud that they're drawing from. At one point you probably did have a beard when you experimented with these tools. In that case they'd already have a sample. Think of the privacy implications. They're severe enough to where I don't even use my own photos. Same with giving voice samples or fingerprints (biometrics). Unless they're scoped to local storage then I won't provide them. I'd rather not have them sitting in some remote database that third parties have access to and which may not even properly protect my personal data (PII).

Anyway, I think we should get back on topic here. We've veered off path.

(it kept overemphasizing kicking and even after stressing boxing again and again it still decided to lift the would be fulton's leg)
OIG.Ebal5nJl4EjXXJYPsOhI

OIG.SWNtDUVvFhPA90c_NHvR

What tool are you using to generate these images?

What tool are you using to generate these images?
the images I posted are bing chat

TikTok's AI filter and bing chat are the ones for myself. So yeah, TikTok keeps reproducing the beard I normally have if I go a few days without shaving even after shaving. The image it produces isn't even that accurate but it keeps producing the same beard even though there's no beard.

probably. It's possible to wrap your hands in any number of ways and often results in different benefits. If the rules in the region allow for it then it's legal and the fight should go ahead as planned. I guess when you get into the finer details of hand wrapping it's like how race fans feel about fine tuning a car for NASCAR.

I haven't been following this story so idk but it's odd to bring it up before fight night. I'd guess it's not the same definition of loaded gloves that we know of and there's an exception on the fine tuning in their terms.

I still don't know how to call this fight. I guess I lean Fulton ever so slightly, but that's really contingent on him being able to defend well enough and have a good enough chin to survive Inoue's power

I hate it that Fulton’s team started all this foolishness, particularly when his wrapping technique is clearly allowed in multiple jurisdictions. This kind of stuff makes us Americans look like jackasses; I’m leaning toward hoping he gets splattered. Japanese are such respectful people, they don’t operate like we do. His team should show some freaking class.

Back