Just how good did Conor's striking look tonight?

Im a huge fan, and i liked his last performance against poirier from a boxing standpoint, but today he looked terrible. The first couple of spinning kicks, he attempted headkick etc. all were way to short. His boxing also looked very slow and somewhat stiff. So yeah he was outgunned in every department. He is well past his prime, and thats probably due to drugs.

It looked so good he tried to pull.gaurd with a guillotine

Nah he looked gassed as hell too, he’s done honestly.

Yeah been a while bro.
yeah, any immature dumb internet beef aside you gotta know by now im one of the realistic conor fans, i get after the weird obsessed haters but i know whats what.

i been saying and could see for the last couple years that the old conor is never coming back, i think he WANTS to be in there but also isnt motivated enough and doesnt train hard enough anymore, and who can blame him.

who knows what would’ve happened but for it to end like that just felt so dumb.

Dustin is just better at this point. Conor isn’t top at 155. And he can’t make 145 anymore. Probably time to just focus on investing and call it a day.
He can’t beat Dustin anywhere.

indeed

for someone coming off an elite boxing fight, his hands have been pretty sus since then

Dustin is just way to clued into McGregor's tells at this point. Both in this fight and the 2nd, when Connor did that lean-forward one-two Dustin was ready to check him with a hook to the face.

Not his best if Conor went for a guillotine.

Kicks looked very solid, but honestly his punch timing has never been the same since the Floyd fight, he just doesn't seem to be able to land and get out of danger in the same way he used to.

Nothing surprised other than Conor used low kicks more. His ground game has always been suspect as has his cardio, not of what Poirier did surprised me. Conor striking is amazing and was ahead of his time against smaller fighters, it's different when guys have similar reach built and can handle a shot.

If this fight lasted longer Poirier would have finished him with a submission I have no doubt.

Leg kicks looked good

otherwise meh

the fight never really got started.

which is sad to see

we were all robbed tonight
This,!!!!!!!! I'm neutral when it comes to McGregor, his haters are having a huge erection and getting all bias on this this shit. To me the fight was competitive, I originally thought dustin dropped Conor until I saw the replay . It sucks how it ended, Conor talking that shit though made him look pathetic though

Conor was definitely winning but Poirier actually hurt Conor before the TD.

I would have loved to see the 2nd round though

No way lol, Dustin rocked Conor and made him panic clinch leading to the takedown/guillotine attempt.

Conor is done my man.

No way lol, Dustin rocked Conor and made him panic clinch leading to the takedown/guillotine attempt.

Conor is done my man.

I mean the earlier part of the fight with the kicks. But like I said Dustin rocked him before the TD so it was pretty even at that point and Poirier emphatically won the round.

I just meant the early part of the 1st round

I mean the earlier part of the fight with the kicks. But like I said Dustin rocked him before the TD so it was pretty even.

A few hard leg kicks don't equal 4 hard punches that visibly stun a striker, suddenly warping him into a grappler lol.

And the guillotine attempt made no difference. Dustin is much better than Conor on the mat and pounded his face in.

He was fighting like the old Conor throwing more kicks and being more creative for sure. He still got rocked and tried to panic wrestled though

Leg kicks looked good

otherwise meh

the fight never really got started.

which is sad to see

we were all robbed tonight
I agree but what do you say to the people on here starting threads saying “Dustin dominated everywhere” and “Conor look terrible”…..

I think the first round was pretty even on the feet and Dustin did better on the ground but Conor was still hanging tough and landing strikes from the bottom.

Back