Just rewatched Silva vs Griffin

PitifulFaroffBeetle.gif
Realy? Thats your comparison

I thought Conor vs Alvarez was more impressive but yeah it was great
It was. Conor can land combinations whereas Anderson is usually hitting one blow at a time.

I’m somewhere where it as really appropriate for me to try and contain my laughter at that forest gif. Props to whoever made that

What's funnier for me than the actual beatdown was Rogan teasing Forrest throwing some sloppy punch and head kick combo to open the fight that didn't even come with in feet of landing on Silva and then acting impressed after Forrest threw it.

overrated..rewatch both weidman fights
Silva was pushing 40 and had been fighting professionally for over 15 years by then and had spent many years at shoot boxe with their brutal training and gym wars, no way was he still in his prime at that point, c'mon brah you know better than this.

Overrated performance. Griffin was knocked out twice in training camp and looked as if he was fighting underwater. Easy to look good when your opponent is like that. I hope you all enjoyed it. Way to Hang yourselves.

Thankfully the embodiment of living revenge manifested itself in The Chris and took the power back.

Indeed, this is one of the worst performances ever by a big name fighter.

That was the fastest he'd ever been defeated at that time.

None of Forest's LHW opponents had ever had what it took to do to Forest what Anderson did to him.

Forest had recently waxed Shogun, beat Rampage and took 2 rounds off Rashad before Rashad took it in the 3rd.

And then Anderson did THAT to him.

Just incredible.

Anderson.. he's one guy I used to hate back in the day and still couldn't help but appreciate his greatness. He is arguably the best to ever do it and is now one of my favorites simply for all the crazy moments he provided us with and legendary highlights.

I first became an mma fan when Andy was champ and looking back I honestly don't think I could've chosen a better time to start watching than during Andy's reign.

GOAT. Could have been LHW champ. Still GOAT

Not really that great of a performance, pitting a precise counter striker against someone who recklessly comes forward with sloppy boxing, perfect match up for Silva. Silva is overrated, great, yes, but definitely not goat.

. His refusal to lead in the vast majority of his fights gives me pause calling him the undisputed best striker in MMA.

spot on, if his opponents don't play ball, Silva looks ordinary, which to me, if you can only look good with plan A, you aren't in 'goat' contention.

GOAT Performance
GOAT Striker
GOAT Counterstiker
GOAT at MW
GOAT Finisher
GOAT Highlight real

Just GOAT overrall

#FACTS

GOAT counter striker for sure. His refusal to lead in the vast majority of his fights gives me pause calling him the undisputed best striker in MMA.

Fantastic performance all the same. Griffin had no business in that cage, which I guess he realized as soon as it was done. Lol.

His refusal to lead was a product of knee surgeries and getting old.

Pre his Lutter fight coming off double knee surgery he lead and pressured all the time.
You don't get the plum off of backing up, theres a reason he went away from it late in his career.
Watch any of his fights in cage rage or earlier he was a pressure fighter who lived to get in close.

People forget the dude won his belt in the mid/late 2000s in his early 30s after an extensive career in Brazil the UK in Japan. That's when guys were petering off back then.

After his knee surgeries Silva changed type to an out fighter and once he discovered he could be successful there he almost exclusively fought off the counter.

History will try to twist this into a "ohhh it's not that impressive, it's only Forrest!" type situation.

One of the greatest finishes or all-time, alongside an all round amazing performance. 10/10.

It was. Conor can land combinations whereas Anderson is usually hitting one blow at a time.
Conor has no clinch game, poor kicks and elbows...

He is 1/10th the striker Prime Andy was. Also hindsight is 20/20 when you are talking about Forrest

Conor has no clinch game, poor kicks and elbows...

He is 1/10th the striker Prime Andy was. Also hindsight is 20/20 when you are talking about Forrest
Dont need elbows and clinch to be a good striker. Throw strikes and land them. Not sure what "poor elbows" even means.

Back