Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like no sooner did he start and he’s ready to stop lol. It’s kind of jarring cause they’re building to more Justice League movies and suddenly a core figure will be recast.

Can’t even think who would be a good replacement at this point. Affleck is damn good in the role though. Sucks that he’s ready to bail.

Was mentioned today
Jake_Gyllenhaal_Cannes_2015.jpg
Call me Bruce

Was mentioned today
View attachment 301439
Call me Bruce

Dude delivers in whatever role he's in. Am I crazy or has he not been in a comic book film as of this time? I remember rumors that Sony had him on reserve when it was being said Tobey was too hurt to do Spidey 2.

Wasn’t he also one of the candidates that Bale beat out for Begins?

Notice:

The last Justice League thread has experienced a glitch and the recent posts from the past 24 hours are not accessible. They're not deleted, they are still reflected if you search for them and they show up in the search list. But for some weird reason, they're not viewable. I'm trying to get this fix.

So feel free to re-post whatever you posted in the previous JL thread in the past 24 hours here if you want to.

Edit: The problems with the previous thread is fixed. All the missing posts are now available.

I liked it! Obviously it had it's faults, but overall I thought the characters worked well. 7.5/10 but I gave it an 8.

Every character was under utilized except maybe Wonder Woman and Batman. The Flash was good but even he wasn't used to his full potential. Every time he ran fast, it still seemed to slow even for him. I mean this guy can literally run back in time. Aquaman had one epic moment, but still under utilized. Cyborg was cool, but seemed rushed into the story.
Superman could have had an extremely epic entrance at the end to fight Stepenwolf but they wasted it.
Also Stepenwolf was a can. Why couldn't he use the power of the mother boxes to fight Superman? Would have atleast made for a better fight.

Great review!

Excellent, excellent point about Justice League playing it safer so making fewer mistakes but having fewer highlight reel moments. Titular fight in Dawn of Justice and the Batman warehouse scene >>> any action setpiece of Justice League.

That said, there were certainly moments of cool action in the big setpieces.

Supes vs. the rest of the League was a patently awesome scene, I will agree. Awesome way to highlight how powerful Superman is. The moment where his eyes follow Flash, as you said, and Flash looks shocked and scared shitless was easily one of my favorite funny moments in the movie but it was also a great moment in that it emphasized the extent of Superman's powers. It reminded me of the moment in DOJ when Batman is punching a Kryptonite-impacted Superman viciously in the face but the effects of the Kryptonite start to wear off and it's like Batman is literally punching an iron jaw. Moments like that just highlight cool comic bookish things that movies can do.

I felt like Cavill was doing more of a Reeve-esque aw shucks type interpretation this time around. Less of the world-weary Superman from the previous film. I like him in the role. And, just as I was hoping for, he returned and it was a squash match against Steppenwolf. Dude had absolutely nothing for him MMA style mismatch. "Is this guy still bothering you?" Completely son'd.
Thanks.

I updated my spoiler thoughts box. Yeah, everything about the Superman-JL fight was awesome.

They intentionally gave Barry a scaredy-cat persona. Otherwise he would have just wiped out all the Parademons by himself and stabbed Steppenwolf's face hundreds of times with Diana's sword in a blink of an eye.

Yeah, they course corrected grim and depressing Superman by giving him a fun and friendlier side. In short, they finally got Superman right.

Amber Heard as Meera can get it

....... repeatedly.

why are rotten tomatoes giving this like a fan4stic treatment

they probably hated JL before it even came out and has captain america and bucky bedsheets on their room

why is rotten tomatoes giving this like a fan4stic treatment

I think "Conventional" critics will haaaate this. More of the Other less main stream reviewers , comic book crowd / nerd crowd will receive it well despite its flaws.

Glad to see it was not a complete disaster. Sounds about on par with Ultron really. Not the start you want, but not Fantastic 4 bad.

Still not gonna see it.

I think "Conventional" critics will haaaate this. More of the Other less main stream reviewers , comic book crowd / nerd crowd will receive it well despite its flaws.

It has a lot of flaws but the way they reviewed it and scored it is insulting.
It's like it's already etched on their mind to hate DC movies automatically

@Dragonlordxxxxx

As cool as the Superman scene was and despite Lois calming him down they should have started by saying to him

Sun's getting low Big Guy

@Dragonlordxxxxx

As cool as the Superman scene was and despite Lois calming him down they should have started by saying to him

Sun's getting low Big Guy
Oh shit, when they first spoke to a resurrected Superman, they should have just said, "Martha!"

<45>

no one's gonna mention that 300 was in JL?
Are you talking about the Greek gods or the men that fought with the Amazons and Atlanteans? I didn't pay much attention but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had a similar attire from the Spartans in 300.

Are you talking about the Greek gods or the men that fought with the Amazons and Atlanteans? I didn't pay much attention but I wouldn't be surprised if some of them had a similar attire from the Spartans in 300.

The scene where Amazons, Atlanteans, lanterns fought Steppenwolf.
It was a slow motion close-up left side shot. A guy had the 300 spartan attire.

I'm gonna watch it again and see if I'm not just trippin lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back