Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.3 (New Character Posters and Trailer Promos)

After Man of Steel and Batman v Superman, do you still want Zack Snyder to Direct Justice League?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No they didn't. Stop treating rumours as facts.

Oh, you're right. It's just a rumour.

I still say DC doesn't understand why Marvel's films were successful.

Edit: I don't know why I'm defending Marvel, their studio system has turned out some clunkers. In my mind DC is off to a bad start with Snyder trying to be Nolan across their franchises.

Last edited:
The Rock is going to absolutely own the Black Adam role.

Update: October 21, 2014

Ray Fisher on Playing CYBORG, Meeting JUSTICE LEAGUE Cast

Ray-Fisher-Cyborg-042414b-Dragonlord.jpg

During a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Ray Fisher -- who plays Cyborg in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, as well as two Justice League movies and his own, stand-alone Cyborg feature -- said that while on the set of Zack Snyder's superhero team-up, he spent some time with Jesse Eisenberg (who plays Lex Luthor) and met everyone on the Justice League -- except for Superman and The Flash.

“I met everyone in the Justice League except Henry Cavill and Ezra Miller,” Fisher said. “It was surreal. You get this idea of going to work on a Hollywood set as being really stressful and nerve-wracking. But it blew that stereotype away. If they did have stressful times, it wasn’t while I was there.” In specific, Fisher reportedly confirmed meeting Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman), Jason Momoa (Aquaman) and Ben Affleck (Batman).

Fisher apparently already wrapped his small role in the film back in July, and hadn't been told officially that he was in for a solo film until just before the release slate was announced. “I didn’t know the extent to which DC and WB had planned on taking my character,” Fisher said. “When I signed on, I just wanted to be part of this world. But that specific information, I found out then and there. I didn’t think I’d be getting my own stand-alone film.”

Cyborg Star Ray Fisher Talks Meeting the Justice League in Batman V Superman

Update: May 21, 2015

Brad Peyton Reveals Why the LOBO Movie Hasn't Happened Yet

Warner-Bros-Lobo-051715-Dragonlord.jpg

A few years back director Brad Peyton (Journey 2: The Mysterious Island) was signed on to develop a Lobo movie and it was going to star Dwayne Johnson. Although Johnson and Peyton did reteam, their second project together became this month’s disaster thriller San Andreas instead. Meanwhile, the big screen DC Universe was officially revealed last October without Lobo in sight. In an interview with ComingSoon.net, Peyton revealed the reason why the Lobo movie hasn't happened yet:

"I think what's happening with DC is that they have prioritized what they need to make first in order to kind of lay the foundations for the DC Universe. This is what I believe is happening just from what they've been taking about. They're talking about Justice League, Batman v Superman, and going into Flash, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman. Those are kind of the pillars of that universe."

"It's one of those things where, creatively, you and I get it, but there's a lot of people that don't quite get that. It's a real uphill battle to talk people into spending a lot of money to do things correctly... I was really happy with the script, [though]. I talked with Dwayne about it. Joel Silver and I had a really amazing meeting about it. I did a rewrite of the script and was really, really excited for it. In their estimation, though, he wasn't one of those main guys' That's fair enough."

"I think that, to do any kind of comic book universe correctly, you do need to establish, 'Here's the tone. Here's the main people.' Then we can grow offshoots from there. With Marvel, they're now doing smaller characters like Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. They obviously had to start, though, with their big guns and set up The Avengers. I kind of feel like that's where DC is now. They're setting that team up."

Director Brad Peyton Reveals Why the Live-Action Lobo Movie Hasn't Happened Yet

Update: May 25, 2015

George Miller's Defunct JUSTICE LEAGUE Getting Documentary

Justice-League-Mortal-052515-Dragonlord.jpg

In the lore of comic book movies that never made it out of development, director George Miller's planned Justice League is among the most buzzed about. After Miller's Mad Max: Fury Road became a commercial and critical hit, curiosity about his Justice League film has been renewed.

Titled Justice League Mortal, the film had a cast ready to go including Armie Hammer (Batman), DJ Cotrona (Superman), Megan Gale (Wonder Woman), Adam Brody (The Flash), Common (Green Lantern), Santiago Cabrera (Aquaman), Teresa Palmer (Talia Al Ghul), Zoe Kasan (Iris Allen), Hugh Keays-Byrne (Martian Manhunter) and Jay Baruchel (Maxwell Lord). Warner Bros. announced the film in 2007 for a 2009 release before deciding to pull the plug.

Now a documentary is being planned to shed light on what the film would have been like. Tentatively titled Miller's Justice League Mortal, the documentary comes from Australian director Ryan Unicomb and producers Aaron Cater and Steven Caldwell, who announced the project via Inside Film. They have investors on board and may turn to crowdfunding as well, which would make it follow in the footsteps of The Death of Superman Lives, the documentary about Tim Burton's aborted Superman movie.

Justice League Mortal was developed around the same time as Christopher Nolan's Batman films, with the director reportedly not keen on two versions of the Dark Knight existing on film at the same time. The writers strike of 2007-2008, as well as a rumored to be rising budget, didn't help matters either.

Director George Miller's Abandoned 'Justice League' Movie Getting a Documentary

Click HERE to see the cast photos of George Miller's Justice League Mortal.

Update: May 30, 2015

Aquaman, Wonder Woman Concept Art from Justice League: Mortal

George Miller's abandoned Justice League Mortal movie is one of the most mysterious comic book movies that never got made. While other canceled comic book movies have seen a lot of concept art surface online, no concept art for Justice League Mortal has ever been revealed. That is until now.

Australian director Ryan Unicomb is working on a documentary about George Miller's abandoned Justice League movie, and the official twitter account for Miller's Justice League Mortal documentary has just revealed the first three pieces of concept art ever shown for the film. One piece of concept art shows what Aquaman's costume would have looked like in the film, while the other two pieces of concept art show Wonder Woman in action.

Justice-League-Mortal-Aquaman-Concept.jpg

"Ladies & Gentlemen - your King of Atlantis. #Aquaman #JusticeLeagueMortal #MillersJusticeLeagueMortal Lets go viral!"

Justice-League-Mortal-Concept-2.jpg

"Princess Diana of Themyscira - or as you may know her #WonderWoman"

Justice-League-Mortal-Concept-1.jpg

"Princess Diana flies through Themyscira"

Justice League Mortal Concept Art of Aquaman and Wonder Woman Released

Martian Manhunter Concept Sculpt for JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL

Earlier today, the first ever concept art for George Miller's abandoned Justice League Mortal movie was revealed online. The concept art showed Wonder Woman and Aquaman. It was revealed by the official twitter account for a documentary film project on Miller's Justice League Mortal. Now, the first concept sculpt has been released for the film. The concept sculpt is of J'onn J'onzz the Martian Manhunter.

Justice%20League%20Mortal%20Martian%20Sculpt.jpg

Martian Manhunter Concept Sculpt Revealed For Justice League Mortal Movie

Superman Fights Wonder Woman in Justice League: Mortal Storyboard Art

Concept art and even a concept sculpt from George Miller's cancelled Justice League film have surfaced recently. Steve Skroce, who was a storyboard artist on the defunct Justice League film, has decided to release a sample of his work from it as well.

The storyboards depict a scene that would've taken place near the end of the film. Superman, who would have been played by D.J. Cotrona (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) fights Wonder Woman, who would have been played by Megan Gale (Mad Max: Fury Road). Why are they fighting? Because the film's villain Maxwell Lord, who would've been played by Jay Baruchel (Goon), has taken control of Superman's mind, turning him against all of his allies.

Maxwell taunts the Justice League, telling them that they would have to kill him in order to free Superman's mind. This is when Batman (would've been played by Armie Hammer) steps up to the plate and snaps Maxwell's neck.

Justice-League-Mortal-Fight-1.jpg

Justice-League-Mortal-Fight-2.jpg

Justice-League-Mortal-Fight-3.jpg

Justice-League-Mortal-Fight-4.jpg

Justice-League-Mortal-Fight-5.jpg

Justice-League-Mortal-Fight-6.jpg

Superman Fights Wonder Woman In Justice League Movie Storyboard Art

Update: September 16, 2015

Rumor: Brainiac is JUSTICE LEAGUE Foe; MAN OF STEEL 2 Dead

Brainiac-Justice-League-101014-Dragonlord.jpg

While Man of Steel looks like a success to you - $290 million domestic! $660 million global! - it fell short of expectations for Warner Bros. Just like Amazing Spider-Man 2, which earned $700 million global but still killed that franchise, Man of Steel is an underperformer. It was supposed to hit a billion. It was that underperformance that led Warner Bros to scrap sequel plans and instead shove Batman into the next Superman movie, giving us Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice rather than Man of Steel 2. According to Birth.Movies.Death, rumors have been flying that Superman's solo movies are essentially dead, that WB doesn't want to give the Big Boy Scout another movie until they have established the entire DC Movieverse.

Over at Heroic Hollywood El Mayimbe is more upbeat. He thinks that while Man of Steel 2 is on hold it isn't exactly dead, and he's even found out about the story Zack Snyder and David Goyer pitched after Man of Steel (but before WB changed their plans to BvS). According to Mayimbe the sequel would see Brainiac arriving on Earth, looking not for Superman but his cousin, Kara Zor-El, Supergirl. She was actually set up in a prequel comic that DC released that we were told was canon; in it Kara was a member of the Kryptonian 'Explorer's Guild,' who had been tasked with terraforming worlds. That means she might have been out in space when the cataclysm befell Krypton.

According to HH Man of Steel 2 was always going to be a split-hero affair, but in this case it was going to spend a lot of time on Supergirl. She would get about half the screen time, and over the course of the film Brainiac would create Bizarro to hunt her down. That means Man of Steel 2 would have Supergirl, Brainiac and Bizarro - quite the Silver Age line-up.

BMD trust El Mayimbe's sources, but the site suspects that a lot of this stuff is scrapped now, especially as every whisper the site hears about Justice League contains the word 'Brainiac.' BMD suspects elements of this story were cannibalized for the eventual team-up as well as BvS, whose main physical threat is a cross between traditional Bizarro and another well-known Superman villain. Plus, if the movie division had serious plans for Supergirl the site can't imagine they would have allowed the new Supergirl TV series to take off (the movie guys removed Suicide Squad from the toys Arrow could play with in advance of the film).

There will be another solo Superman movie some day, and it may even be in the same continuity as Man of Steel, but BMD is guessing that day is long off, and whatever plans and ideas Snyder had in 2013 will be changed and evolved when the film hits the screen.

Rumor: Brainiac Will Be the Villain in Justice League; Man of Steel 2 Put on Hold

Update: October 1, 2015

George Miller Won't Direct Man of Steel 2, Confirms DC Meetings

George-Miller-Man-of-Steel-082115-Dragonlord.jpg

Last month, a rumor surfaced that director George Miller might be in line to direct a sequel to Man of Steel. Speaking with Digital Spy, Miller confirmed that he had conversations with Warner Bros. about directing a DC movie, but the likelihood of it happening is slim. Instead, Miller told the outlet he wants to go in the opposite direction after the whirlwind of Fury Road:

"I hope the next film I make is a very small film without any special effects and not many stunts."

So this means another Mad Max sequel is probably not Miller’s next movie. On the one hand that’s disappointing, since Miller’s handle on the action genre is positively masterful. But it’s also understandable. Fury Road was a hellish shoot as delays and tough conditions made the production very, very difficult.

It also makes sense that Miller wouldn’t be too interested in making a superhero movie with Warner Bros. Justice League: Mortal was his opportunity to start from scratch and begin building a newly established universe and series of films. Now, however, Snyder has already built a foundation for the DC Universe, so while Warner Bros. may take a more filmmaker-friendly approach to its various superhero movies, the director still has to somewhat color inside the lines. That doesn’t seem like the most exciting of possibilities for a director of Miller’s stature and talent.

George Miller Says He is Not Directing 'Man of Steel 2,' But Confirms DC Meetings

Update: November 5, 2015

Producer Charles Roven Reveals DC Movie Universe Brain Trust

Charles-Roven-Producer-110515-Dragonlord.jpg

Producer Charles Roven: “I think also very much involved in that brain trust is John Berg, who is the executive vice president at Warner Bros. I would say the Snyders, myself, John Berg, and Geoff Johns would be sort of that Brain Trust… I’m working with great people. They’re all really great people. And not that we don’t—there are many times we agree, and there’s many times we don’t agree [and] we work it out.”

“The other thing that I really love about what we’re doing is we’re also bringing in really talented other filmmakers and having them come in and create—I call it the sandbox. We’ve got this sandbox of the Justice League DC characters, and we are hoping to create—this series of movies that we’ve announced are somewhat interlinked. The characters move at a throughline that hopefully will take us all the way to Justice League 2, but they also can interact in the other films as well in some way.”

“So if, for example, The Flash movie or the Aquaman film is gonna come out after Justice League 1, it’s not gonna be a completely different character; that character will have evolved from Justice League 1. Wonder Woman, when we see her in Justice League 1, will have evolved from Batman v Superman. Unless we decide that in one of these stories we’re gonna do something that happened in the past and have it be more of an origination story, in which case you’ll realize how that character became what they were in the movie that they were first introduced.”

Producer Charles Roven Reveals the DC Brain Trust, How Directors Alter Their Plans

Update: November 12, 2015

Rumor: Mera To Be Introduced in JUSTICE LEAGUE: PART ONE

Mera-Justice-League-111315b-Dragonlord.jpg

Wonder Woman won't be the only heroine appearing in Justice League: Part One. A new report from Heroic Hollywood suggests that Mera, the Queen of Atlantis, will make her DC Extended Universe debut in the first DC ensemble film. This comes ahead of the Aquaman film in 2018 which one would suspect to be her first appearance in film.

The report details Mera's role, saying she is "the Khaleesi of the sea," and "Aquaman's true love." In the comics, the marriage of Mera and Aquaman represents a unison of the throne in Atlantis, as their families are in a constant feud for the crown. Justice League: Part One is set for release November 17, 2017. Aquaman hits theaters July 27, 2018.

Rather than being born in Atlantis, Mera hails from Xebel, an underwater colony whose citizens are the descendants of Atlanetan separatists that were exiled. In the modern era, it was revealed that Mera was originally sent by her people to kill Aquaman, but instead she fell in love with him and gave up her mission. Not content with simply fulfilling her duties as queen of Atlantis, Mera frequently goes out to fight evil as well, and she's been heavily featured in the New 52 Aquaman series over the last several years.

Justice League: Part One To Reportedly Include Debut Of DC Comics Female Hero

Update: November 13, 2015

WONDER WOMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE Filming Locations, Schedule

Batman-v-Superman-Wonder-Woman-042915-Dragonlord.jpg

With Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice now deep into the post-production process and Suicide Squad firmly in the can, Warner Bros. is now readying its next DC Cinematic Universe superhero film for production: Wonder Woman. The movie took a bit to get off the ground, but it’s now solidly moving forward with Patty Jenkins (Monster) directing, Gal Gadot starring as the titular superhero character, Chris Pine at her side, and possibly Nicole Kidman in a major role. So when does the movie start filming anyway, and where does Justice League Part One fit into the schedule?

"We're actually gonna start shooting [Wonder Woman] towards the end of [November]... We are shooting in the U.K. and in Italy," producer Charles Roven said. "We're making most of Wonder Woman [in the U.K.] and we're also making most of Justice League there, JL One... We're definitely gonna be shooting Part One in the first or second quarter of next year."

Basically Roven confirms Justice League Part One and Justice League Part Two are not shooting back-to-back, meaning they';re two separate productions. Perhaps the fact that it's being treated as an entirely separate production will make it feel more like a satisfying standalone film unto itself. Wonder Woman is slated for release on June 23, 2017 while Justice League Part One opens in theaters on November 17, 2017.

Wonder Woman and Justice League Filming Locations and Schedule Revealed

Update: November 19, 2015

First Images of Megan Gale as Wonder Woman for Justice League: Mortal

Here's our very first look at Megan Gale as Wonder Woman in George Miller's scrapped 2009 Justice League: Mortal movie. Miller went on to cast the 5'11" Australian actress as Valkyrie in Mad Max: Fury Road.

Megan-Gale-Wonder-Woman-1.jpg

Megan-Gale-Wonder-Woman-2.jpg

Update: November 24, 2015

Alona Tal, Abbey Lee Eyed for Black Canary in JUSTICE LEAGUE

Black-Canary-Alona-Tal-Abbey-Lee-Dragonlord.jpg

Plans for the DC Cinematic Universe at Warner Bros are heating up as the studio turns its attention to new projects and characters to add after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice kicks off the next five years of interconnected superhero films. After releasing the first still and cast for Wonder Woman this week, it looks like Warners is ready to expand their roster of female heroes beyond Gal Godot's Diana. It looks like the way they plan to do that is to bring the Black Canary to the screen and use the character as a launching point for a female-centric team-up movie later on.

Right now, Black Canary is being eyed to make her debut in Justice League Part 1 or Justice League Part 2, both to be directed by Zack Snyder for release in 2017 and 2019, respectively. That means casting is heating up for the role. The character is blonde in the comic books, so it fits that the current frontrunners for the role are blondes Abbey Lee (Mad Max: Fury Road) and Alona Tal (Burn Notice, Supernatural).

Since Warner Bros likes movies with teams of super heroes, the Black Canary plans don't end with her appearance in Justice League. If the character and actress perform to expectation, Black Canary will also be involved with an in-development Birds of Prey movie. The Birds of Prey are a female DC superhero team that originated with Black Canary and Barbra Gordon, the part that Jena Malone is probably playing in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Rumor: Alona Tal and Abbey Lee Eyed for Black Canary in Justice League Movie

Update: January 19, 2016

Danny Trejo Teasing Possible LOBO Role in the Future?

Machete star and all-around Hollywood badass Danny Trejo got fans' hearts beating today, by retweeting a piece of fan art that depicted Trejo as DC Comics's cosmic bounty hunter Lobo.

The tweet also seemingly directed some trash talk at Superman, a frequent sparring partner of Lobo's during the Nineties when both the Man of Steel and the Main Man were best-selling characters for DC Comics.

There have been a number of attempts to get a Lobo movie made, including one that reportedly would have starred Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, currently set to play Black Adam in Shazam.

CZGiZSLUgAA8H1q.jpg

Danny Trejo Celebrates DC Week By Fan-Casting Himself as Lobo

Trejo as Lobo?

Haha, nah.

But then again I've never understood the appeal of Lobo. So whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back