Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll definitely be watching, but it's hard to imagine this being a great movie.
It feels like itll be a bigger clusterfuck than BvS.
Introducing Flash, Cyborg, and Aquaman, forming the league, Superman's comeback, and then whatever the villain is, all in 1 movie?

I also hate these faceless enemies. Great enemies make great heroes.
The bad guy in this looks like some faceless demon horde or something.
Doomsday was the same.

The only thing I'll give props for is if they keep him offscreen for a long time and then when he finally comes back, he absolutely wrecks house. I'm talking about Castle at the end of The Punisher (2004) level squash match shit. I'm easily won over by such scenarios.

But you're right- there is an inherent ludicrousness in marketing the film as though Supes is dead when everyone knows he isn't dead.
That's probably the main reason they're keeping him "dead." It's not easy to create obstacles Superman can't just solve in the wink of an eye.

when the critics have their shitty opinions released, just ignore them. Don't let anybody else rate a fucking movie for you. They're called critics for a reason. They pick at the smallest things and blow it out of proportion to make it sound like a film was complete garbage and everybody eats it up for some reason. That's why it's sometimes best to go into a movie blind, without watching trailers, without reading about it, you'll get a better experience out of it that way because you don't know what to expect. Don't let anybody else kill it for you and again, even though I've already said it like 10 times, stop having such high fucking expectations, expecting movie of the century and all that shit.

You sound just like my good buddy @Myrddin Wild haha :D

I like to get early reactions, reviews and opinions from different sources and at least half the time I end up disagreeing with them but that's not why I watch / read their reviews, I do it for my entertainment in the first place and for more opinions and different angles / ways of looking at it. Then all of it in the end only gets used by me to either strengthen my decision in liking/disliking it just from a better researched angle.. key word here is my own opinion.

Plus its a good tool to put those expectations in check, sometimes makes for a better enjoyment or for a softer blow if a property was awaited by me and ends up kinda short at the end of it.

At least that's how look at things, never got why many are so against critics / reviewers or why they search for ones that tend to agree with them.. most of the time in fact I enjoy more the ones with different opinions or more sarcastic/jaded ones that provide a different way of looking at it, I get more out of those.

PS: my recent go to places add on is our own @Dragonlordxxxxx I sure enjoy reading his opinions, his scores, his bottom lines and I feel I started to get him better with time.. doesn't mean I always agree with him and then again doesn't mean I want to burn him at the stake for his movie critic either. :D
Yeah, I'm way hard on these guyz that piss on the small stuff. Like one smart ass who was pointing out the fact that they played Sympathy for the Devil in one movie... & they clicked their "problem counter" up a notch. Really? That's a fooking problem? That's an opinion... if it's even a real opinion. Likely they were just trying to fill time to get a higher "problem counter" so that they could seem smart or funny or whatever the fook they were going for. That's just one example in a 5 - 10 minute video that I could only stand to watch the first minute of where they pointed out at least a dozen things that weren't even an issue. I got no patience for trash like that.

Anywayz... I do recognize One's point here about being able to take it all with a grain of salt... but some of them are too far over the top. I have blacklisted several to date. :D I just can't stand listening to someone's over the top critic with their smart ass mannerisms trashing a decent movie for the sake of youtube likes. or whatever.

Regarding spoilerz... I do like to go into a movie fresh... I sometimes watch a movie my wife picks out without even reading the description. Total & 100% knowing nothing about it. Just let the story unfold. It's fun.

...but something like Star Wars or some of the bigger movies... I'm not going to live in a cave to avoid the media on it. I'll take it in & roll with the experience of knowing the tidbits they put out. In the case of Star Wars, I'll have fun breaking up every little tidbit & discussing with @One MMA Fan & @EvilDDS & @PureLite about the implications of it & what it all is telling us. There's something to be said for that as well. It's like we get hours of enjoyment out of the movie before even seeing it.
icon_cheers.png

Yeah, I'm way hard on these guyz that piss on the small stuff. Like one smart ass who was pointing out the fact that they played Sympathy for the Devil in one movie... & they clicked their "problem counter" up a notch. Really? That's a fooking problem? That's an opinion... if it's even a real opinion. Likely they were just trying to fill time to get a higher "problem counter" so that they could seem smart or funny or whatever the fook they were going for. That's just one example in a 5 - 10 minute video that I could only stand to watch the first minute of where they pointed out at least a dozen things that weren't even an issue. I got no patience for trash like that.

Anywayz... I do recognize One's point here about being able to take it all with a grain of salt... but some of them are too far over the top. I have blacklisted several to date. :D I just can't stand listening to someone's over the top critic with their smart ass mannerisms trashing a decent movie for the sake of youtube likes. or whatever.

Regarding spoilerz... I do like to go into a movie fresh... I sometimes watch a movie my wife picks out without even reading the description. Total & 100% knowing nothing about it. Just let the story unfold. It's fun.

...but something like Star Wars or some of the bigger movies... I'm not going to live in a cave to avoid the media on it. I'll take it in & roll with the experience of knowing the tidbits they put out. In the case of Star Wars, I'll have fun breaking up every little tidbit & discussing with @One MMA Fan & @EvilDDS & @PureLite about the implications of it & what it all is telling us. There's something to be said for that as well. It's like we get hours of enjoyment out of the movie before even seeing it.
icon_cheers.png

redlettermedia-short-o.gif

1bG3Tem.jpg

That's been the fan favorite choice for years. Don't know if it's ever been legitimately pitched though.
As someone who grew up watching cartoon network's rendition of justice league, I want a black Green Lantern. That's like the only one I knew. Not sure of anyone else who would do the roll justice. I could see them going younger with the role.

The poster for this thing looks great. The movie itself.......meh

Dont worry brah

You are going to get a completely original Terminator sequel coming out that I'm sure you will bust a nut over

Anthony Mackie would have killed this, instead of being wasted as Falcon.
Awh shit, actually yeah he would have. I think Omari Hardwick, from Starz' hit TV show "Power" would do really well. Or Trai Byers from FOX show "Empire".

As someone who grew up watching cartoon network's rendition of justice league, I want a black Green Lantern. That's like the only one I knew. Not sure of anyone else who would do the roll justice. I could see them going younger with the role.

You know what I agree. I partially remember the crappy Superfriends version of Green Lantern as being white and at the time I didn't read Comics so seeing a Black Green Lantern seemed fresh not to mention they wrote some really great episodes for the Jon Stewart version we saw in the show.

That said now that I've read the Comics the Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner versions of the Green Lantern would also be a welcome change.

@Dragonlordxxxxx , I have an off the wall idea for casting Hal Jordan . Try to recast Chris Pine in the role and make his character the great grandson of Steve Trevor and adding a dynamic to Green Lantern and Wonder Woman which would be a different take.

Prediction:

This Weinstein fallout is now going to fuck up this movie's chances at the box office because of Affleck's indiscretions. This movie will bomb hard like the NFL's ratings trying to stand up to Trump's tweets.

now another has come forward claiming Affleck acted inappropriately

That drunk motherfucker just might kill himself.

Not watching now cuz of Afflect even though I have movie pass. Out of spite lol.

This movie looks like the new poster child for movies that do well at the box office but terrible when it comes to reviews.

The last poster child for such a thing was BvS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back