Media Kamaru Usman thinks that...........

I live in the UK we will support the UK fighters over anyone if it is fought over here.

Leon isn't very popular compared to other british fighters but he will have the full support of everyone when he fights usman.

Also if the fight is in the UK, I imagine the card will be stacked with British fighters, so by the time the main fight comes on the crowd will be pretty much in a frenzy in there support of Leon.

Usman isn't really popular with anyone in the world I don't think. (I haven't asked any nigerians)

African countries make up nearly half of the members of the commonwealth of nations.
And considering how many immigrants there are now, with the strange refugee policies too.
I'm pretty sure that's where the nearly half of London is Africa.

But are they MMA fans? Or fans of either Leon or Usman?

Not really sure why so much pearl clutching is going on.

Last edited:
This guy really thinks well about himself.

Where is that video of someone almost pooing himself laughing at his ugly ass green suit?
I second this. Where the fuck is that video? Someone please fess the link up.

I've always thought he had a smug delusion about him. It's just coming through in different ways now he isn't the champ. He's always had it. Nothing new.

Dude's a try hard insecure former champ. It'll get worse
We get it; he doesn't appeal to incels. No surprise

I don't know about all that, but I do know once the cage door closes the fans become irrelevant, they aren't gonna help you in there.
He won’t need any help, Leon pulled off a Hail Mary.

he will have more fans in England than Leon Edwards.

“Now you’re in their country, which honestly, I think imma have more fans his country than he will,”

“That’s no knock on Leon. I like Leon; I really do. Half of England is Africa. There’s a lot of Nigerians in England, a lot of Nigerians. He knows there’s a lot of Nigerians and Jamaicans. But I think I will be well represented in England.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/9/...media-kamaru-usman-leon-edwards-uk-fans-fight

Can somebody who lives in UK confirm his statement? Or was Usman just trying to match Adesanya's level of cringe?
<36>

Usman barely has any fans in Nigeria & the US

Usman brought up how many people from Nigeria live in UK, how big of an immigrant population there is. I don't think it's delusional to think the UK is pretty diverse today, also not to mention that Usman is a bigger name than Leon because of how established he is.
England is definitely diverse. That isn't what's delusional.

What is delusional is that thinking Brits of any ethnic background are going to be cheering for him.

If his thinking is black = diverse then he's in for a shock because Leon is also black and unlike Usman, actually reps the UK. Usman doesn't even have many fans in either of the two countries that he claims.

Leon is going to get cheered and backed in the UK, obviously, but Usman has a ton of fans in Nigeria, I don’t know how some of the posters in this thread are claiming otherwise lol.

Usman brought up how many people from Nigeria live in UK, how big of an immigrant population there is. I don't think it's delusional to think the UK is pretty diverse today, also not to mention that Usman is a bigger name than Leon because of how established he is.

It’s completely delusional. Us brits don’t generally support fighters/athletes based on race. If they are competing for England/Britain, they will be supported

and usman most certainly isn’t an established name over here. Other than Conor and maybe pimblett, the only people that would have even heard of us mman or Leon, will be MMA fans. MMA is no where near mainstream, boxing is a far bigger sport over here currently. And even then it’s not really mainstream

also the population of brits with Nigerian heritage is about 200k, out of a population of almost 70m. And most of those that follow MMA will support their fellow countryman, not usman

Last edited:
Leon is going to get cheered and backed in the UK, obviously, but Usman has a ton of fans in Nigeria, I don’t know how some of the posters in this thread are claiming otherwise lol.

Nigeria is 1000s of miles from Britain. I very much doubt many are going to fly over for the fight

People will come out to see him get KOd in large numbers

Nigeria is 1000s of miles from Britain. I very much doubt many are going to fly over for the fight
I didn’t say that, I’m responding to those claiming that Usman doesn’t have any fans in Nigeria. I know for a fact that he has a large fanbase there(especially for a non-soccer athlete), I was literally in Nigeria not too long ago lol.

African countries make up nearly half of the members of the commonwealth of nations.
And considering how many immigrants there are now, with the strange refugee policies too.
I'm pretty sure that's where the nearly half of London is Africa.

But are they MMA fans? Or fans of either Leon or Usman?

Not really sure why so much pearl clutching is going on.

less than 8% of London is ethnically African (not including those that came from the Caribbean). I’m guessing you’ve never been to London

I actually think he is being serious, lol. Because I saw the interview and it seemed genuine. He is confusing England with some largely Nigerian neighbourhood in London.

I didn’t say that, I’m responding to those claiming that Usman doesn’t have any fans in Nigeria. I know for a fact that he has a large fanbase there(especially for a non-soccer athlete), I was literally in Nigeria not too long ago lol.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post dude!

I don't automatically like all fighters from my country, I don't care about most actually

less than 8% of London is ethnically African (not including those that came from the Caribbean). I’m guessing you’ve never been to London
8% is a huge number imo. 7% Jamaican.

I've been to London a couple times when I was young. Not sure how much I remember but I still have a lot of family over there.

Back