Social Keeping Your Hands To Your Damn Self

I’m not necessarily talking about hitting in means to hurt someone. We all know the consequences of that although some still have to be reminded unfortunately

I’m talking about those people who like to get touchy or grabby particularly with people they know and don’t know

Example, I was watching UFC 298 at this sports/entertainment spot out in Beaverton. One of my top choices to catch UFC fights because the food is good, drinks are huge, and the crowd is always into the fight.

So I’m sitting at the bar and this guy in a Detroit Lions hat puts his hand on my shoulder and asked if he and his wife can sit next to me to watch the main card. I was already annoyed that this fool grabbed my shoulder the way he did but I played it cool. He starts running his mouth about the fights and I just gave him a few word answers so he would take a hint.

When Volk got knocked out in the 2nd the place went insane and this dude literally grabs my forearm in shock which I didn’t mind at first because I was shocked too. This asshole kept squeezing my forearm though and I yanked my arm free from his kung fu grip. He then tried to put his hand on my shoulder AGAIN and I felt my right arm make a fist. He must have saw it and he turned immediately and started watching the post fight interview. I was icing this dude as I put on my coat to leave but he never turned around again.

What made that guy think he could grab a pretty big random black dude and possibly not get an early bed time for it?

The audacity of some people
Thanks for the spoiler you fucking asshole

At a job a few years back a guy put his hand on my shoulder to ask me something. Before I could even process anything I'd already taken a couple steps back, made a fist, and said DO NOT touch me if you need something I have a name even hey you is fine no need to put your hands on me.

It got heated lol and probably would have been a fight if the guy wasn't a little.bitch. Some people arbitrarily think everyone has the same.boundaries as them and there's no need to check. Motherfucker I've known guys for years and been the best man at their weddings and we've never hugged.

You don't fucking KNOW me why would you think you can just casually invade my personal space. I'm not a fan of people touching me or getting g real close in general tho.

Some of y’all seem to enjoy random strangers grabbing on you

I’ve been to church where we have had to hold strangers hands while we pray. No issue with that. Context is the key brotha

Guy had no business grabbing my forearm as long as he did. Probably still would be if I hadn’t let him know what time it was lol
I wonder sometimes if this is a black people thing. I have seen both men and women completely go off on strangers for touching them in public. Even if we're there in a professional capacity we do not care lol.

You needed to tell him in a non angry way that you dont like to be touched. Some people dont get hints and cant read facial expression or temperature of the room. Its weird to begin with to touch strangers but ive met them and i dont think they do it on purpose just get carried away or are under the influence.

Like there’s being friendly type of touching and grabbing but then there’s almost like asserting your dominance type of touching and grabbing as well.

I knew bullies in high school who used to “ask” you for a dollar while he put his arm around you
That s a very astute observation. Some people do things that are on the blurred line of being too friendly/being gay/intimidation so that you just don't know how to react.

Then afterwards you wonder if you should have just confronted that idiot or just laugh it off or be just "meh".

I wonder if the people who do that shit are just trolling on purpose or just so self unaware that they don't see it.

He was being friendly, share the love. Don't be a tough guy. You're still a man if you don't size others up and think who would win a fight.

If you don't like him say bye and move away. He was being nice which is positive.

Last edited:
That s a very astute observation. Some people do things that are on the blurred line of being too friendly/being gay/intimidation so that you just don't know how to react.

Then afterwards you wonder if you should have just confronted that idiot or just laugh it off or be just "meh".

I wonder if the people who do that shit are just trolling on purpose or just so self unaware that they don't see it.
Why so serious you can communicate it positively. Like why looks for fights when someone is being nice. At worst you can smile and say don't touch me, I don't like it in a poliet light manner.

Wait blurred line of gay friendly and intimidation. Like you can't tell if someone really likes you or really hates you.

I guess white people being white and you being "ethnic".

Last edited:
In general, I don't like being touched, but, especially if we don't know each other, or have had some kind of interaction to make it make sense. The forearm grab would've been too much.
And especially especially if there is alcohol involved. I've been around too many situations where the touchy guy that's had too many beers gets too touchy, or gets too comfortable, and then it ends up in a fight, or some other malarkey.

The worst part about situations like this is if you do something, you're the one that looks like the psycho because to everyone else around, "He was just excited and being friendly and having a good time, bro!"
Physical boundaries with strangers should be common sense, but some dudes need to get touched with teh jab and teh teep to create distance.

thats when you gotta make the other person feel more uncomfortable than you, that way it won't happen. And with your drink, keep 'accidently" spilling some of your drink on him

Why didn't you say

"I don't really appreciate getting touched by stranger Sir, please correct that behavior around me"

I wonder sometimes if this is a black people thing. I have seen both men and women completely go off on strangers for touching them in public. Even if we're there in a professional capacity we do not care lol.

Oh it is

Some black folks I know will check you real quick if you touch them especially if they don’t fuck with you

This redneck guy came and stood next to me at a crowded bar not too long ago. He placed his hand on my shoulder to point out a friend of his who was getting in trouble with security which I didn’t appreciate but the guy was actually pretty funny so I let slide. Then he shook my hand a said “have a goodnight bud” and walked away. No reason to get hostile with him

I patted a guy on the shoulder at work one day cause hes a cool guy. He spun around and grabbed my arm and said dont touch me. I was surprised cause the little guy probably weighed 140 at most. He said something threatening and I thought man once I get you on the ground its over but I let it go.
Think he got mad cause he smoked weed alot and was probably sober that day. Alot of people I know get grouchy when they arent stoned. It is best to just keep your hands to yourself.

Back