Social Keeping Your Hands To Your Damn Self

Sounds like an overreaction to a minor annoyance.

I disagree

I know a few cats like my cousin who would dropped him the first time he grabbed my shoulder. He actually got off pretty easy imo

A gentle tap on the shoulder isn’t worth catching a case over but you have to feel people out a bit to see what type of person they are. Some people don’t mind, others do.

Bet if I run into him again he’ll think twice about it lol

Something similar happened to me the other day, this big gay black guy kept flirting with me despite the fact that my girlfriend was with me. Anyway i told him i was flattered and that he was a very big black man, but unfortunately "Jenny here and I are together". Anyway i may have brushed up against him and he got very aggressive and left. Cant say much about the intereraction other than he was impressively large and black.

At a job a few years back a guy put his hand on my shoulder to ask me something. Before I could even process anything I'd already taken a couple steps back, made a fist, and said DO NOT touch me if you need something I have a name even hey you is fine no need to put your hands on me.

It got heated lol and probably would have been a fight if the guy wasn't a little.bitch. Some people arbitrarily think everyone has the same.boundaries as them and there's no need to check. Motherfucker I've known guys for years and been the best man at their weddings and we've never hugged.

You don't fucking KNOW me why would you think you can just casually invade my personal space. I'm not a fan of people touching me or getting g real close in general tho.
I wanna hug you rn

Like repeatedly clearing the throat, putting hands on is some people's way of exerting dominance.

PAt3TZi.gif

I’m not necessarily talking about hitting in means to hurt someone. We all know the consequences of that although some still have to be reminded unfortunately

I’m talking about those people who like to get touchy or grabby particularly with people they know and don’t know

Example, I was watching UFC 298 at this sports/entertainment spot out in Beaverton. One of my top choices to catch UFC fights because the food is good, drinks are huge, and the crowd is always into the fight.

So I’m sitting at the bar and this guy in a Detroit Lions hat puts his hand on my shoulder and asked if he and his wife can sit next to me to watch the main card. I was already annoyed that this fool grabbed my shoulder the way he did but I played it cool. He starts running his mouth about the fights and I just gave him a few word answers so he would take a hint.

When Volk got knocked out in the 2nd the place went insane and this dude literally grabs my forearm in shock which I didn’t mind at first because I was shocked too. This asshole kept squeezing my forearm though and I yanked my arm free from his kung fu grip. He then tried to put his hand on my shoulder AGAIN and I felt my right arm make a fist. He must have saw it and he turned immediately and started watching the post fight interview. I was icing this dude as I put on my coat to leave but he never turned around again.

What made that guy think he could grab a pretty big random black dude and possibly not get an early bed time for it?

The audacity of some people
Why are you so insecure in your heterosexuality, that a man touching your arm makes you so excited?

Something similar happened to me the other day, this big gay black guy kept flirting with me despite the fact that my girlfriend was with me. Anyway i told him i was flattered and that he was a very big black man, but unfortunately "Jenny here and I are together". Anyway i may have brushed up against him and he got very aggressive and left. Cant say much about the intereraction other than he was impressively large and black.

I’m not that big

You think I overreacted with some random dude putting his hands on me?
I think you are ghey and yet to come out of the closet.

Also the dude was excited and wanted to share. He wasn't disrespectful and you are a cunt for going to a public place and getting annoyed by the people around you.

Next time watch the fights on your mothers basement alone and save us from a horrible thread like this.

for some breaking the touch barrier is a way to relieve tension but it can also be used other ways, im sure that guy would have loved you to you touch him a little bit back

on the other hand ive had to ask multiple at work not to touch me again because they dont understand some kind of reasonable professional boundary so there is a line somewhere and sometimes people cross it but it doesnt necessarily have to be adversarial

Also the dude was excited and wanted to share. He wasn't disrespectful and you are a cunt for going to a public place and getting annoyed by the people around you.

Next time watch the fights on your mothers basement alone and save us from a horrible thread like this.
Wow this is unhinged. By FAR the cuntier behavior is thinking it's ok to just randomly touch strangers because we're in a business open to the public. I don't give up agency over my own body just because we're in a shared public space.

That's presumptuous to the point of insanity.

<codychoke>

Wow this is unhinged. By FAR the cuntier behavior is thinking it's ok to just randomly touch strangers because we're in a business open to the public. I don't give up agency over my own body just because we're in a shared public space.

That's presumptuous to the point of insanity.

<codychoke>

My mentor in college was a ghey dude and he never once tried to grab my arm or put his hand on my shoulder. Just a handshake or a fist bump. Never had an issue with the dude

I think some of these dudes probably think I don’t like white people or they like to get grabby with strangers. To each his own

My mentor in college was a ghey dude and he never once tried to grab my arm or put his hand on my shoulder. Just a handshake or a fist bump. Never had an issue with the dude

I think some of these dudes probably think I don’t like white people or they like to get grabby with strangers. To each his own
I think most were just trollin with the oh you gay stuff. That one dude is really mad though. It's fascinating to me that some people automatically think wherever there are cultural differences, you should just immediately bow to and be dominated by their culture. Shouldn't even stop to consider your pov, whatever they were taught or is normal where they live is THE normal. Don't even think of others and assert what YOU find acceptable everywhere and anywhere.

And then these people will often say others are rude when they justifiably get upset. All internet trolling aside tribalism really is interesting. Humanities greatest curse imo.

<{hughesimpress}>

for some breaking the touch barrier is a way to relieve tension but it can also be used other ways, im sure that guy would have loved you to you touch him a little bit back

on the other hand ive had to ask multiple at work not to touch me again because they dont understand some kind of reasonable professional boundary so there is a line somewhere and sometimes people cross it but it doesnt necessarily have to be adversarial

Yeah that ain’t happening lol

As someone mentioned in a post, it seemed to be him asserting his dominance but when he saw my reaction he knew I didn’t play that ish

It’s the same when people keep getting into your personal space. If you ain’t my kinfolk or my girl, keep your distance if we don’t know each other that

People aren’t that dumb.They know exactly what they are doing

You think I overreacted with some random dude putting his hands on me?

Maybe a little bit. I know it can be annoying, but some people are just naturally touchy and they don't mean anything by it. They probably come from a family where they all feel each other up... <45><Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo><45> I'm seriously dying laughing at how this sounds, but also serious about it somehow. Just like a bunch of hugging and whatever other forms of physical contact people can make during social interactions.

And when alcohol gets involved, people get more comfortable and feel more at home... At home where they are all feeling each other up... <45>

It's definitely a poor awareness of people's boundaries and personal space though.

see latinos are friendly catholics

Back