Kevin Spacey is... kinda winning again?

eddymotto

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just a couple of years ago, Spacey was a disgraced former actor who was fired from House of Cards, lost a $31m judgment to MRC (the production company that made House of Cards) and was facing multiple civil and criminal cases.

Fast forward to 2024 and Spacey has won the court cases to date; one in USA and 2 in UK (I think... I can't keep track of them all).

MRC has sued Spacey for breach of contract and won $31m. MRC won Spacey's appeal. The settlement, presumably paid for by Spacey's insurance, was bonded and accumulating interest.

Now... MRC cut a deal with Spacey. Judgement cut to $1m and Spacey can pay it out of a period of years.

In return, Spacey will assist MRC in MRC's $150m lawsuit against their insurance companies - Lloyds and Fireman's.

It is all pretty crazy. MRC has been getting their ass handed to them on the Lloyds claim so far but they must think that they have a real chance to win with Spacey's help.

Weird stuff. You can't make this up.

The only clear winner is Spacey.

And maybe Netflix because they cut a deal wth MRC that they get 50% of any judgment.

What did he actually do and how much actual evidence of whatever he did exists?

(Honestly I haven't followed it at all.)

Spacey's alleged unwanted and improper sexual advances. All around him should definitely wear body cams for proof to use in court against the next occurrence.

Just a couple of years ago, Spacey was a disgraced former actor who was fired from House of Cards, lost a $31m judgment to MRC (the production company that made House of Cards) and was facing multiple civil and criminal cases.

Fast forward to 2024 and Spacey has won the court cases to date; one in USA and 2 in UK (I think... I can't keep track of them all).

MRC has sued Spacey for breach of contract and won $31m. MRC won Spacey's appeal. The settlement, presumably paid for by Spacey's insurance, was bonded and accumulating interest.

Now... MRC cut a deal with Spacey. Judgement cut to $1m and Spacey can pay it out of a period of years.

In return, Spacey will assist MRC in MRC's $150m lawsuit against their insurance companies - Lloyds and Fireman's.

It is all pretty crazy. MRC has been getting their ass handed to them on the Lloyds claim so far but they must think that they have a real chance to win with Spacey's help.

Weird stuff. You can't make this up.

The only clear winner is Spacey.

And maybe Netflix because they cut a deal wth MRC that they get 50% of any judgment.

The real victim here is the last two seasons of House of Cards.

I haven't followed it that closely either but if he's won 3 lawsuits against his accusers then I'd say there's a good chance he's innocent.

I am not an expert on any of the cases

What I can say is that a few years ago he was facing 3 trials (civil and criminal) and a $31m settlement. Now he is facing zero trials (not to say more charges or civil cases won't happen) and a $1m settlement (that he can pay over a period of years and is tied to his income)

It is stunning change of fortune

His career is still mostly over because he is clearly a sex creep and won't be bondable but still, it is quite a turnaround

I haven't followed it that closely either but if he's won 3 lawsuits against his accusers then I'd say there's a good chance he's innocent.
That was what i was getting at too, it sucks that we live in a world that is ever so happy to ruin a man's entire life over something he maybe didn't even do.

That "me too" shit got way out of control...

And for every actual sexual predator they caught, good, fuck em, bury them under the jail.

But people are greedy and I think they see these movements happen, they see dollar signs and then they rewrite history and cast themselves as the victim in seek of a big settlement.

And it would appear that there is essentially NO repercussion for false accusations, which is fucked up.
I think the accuser, if proven to be false allegations, should serve whatever prison sentence or financial penalty they were attempting to bestowe.

I am not an expert on any of the cases

What I can say is that a few years ago he was facing 3 trials (civil and criminal) and a $31m settlement. Now he is facing zero trials (not to say more charges or civil cases won't happen) and a $1m settlement (that he can pay over a period of years and is tied to his income)

It is stunning change of fortune

His career is still mostly over because he is clearly a sex creep and won't be bondable but still, it is quite a turnaround

He could direct and produce his own shit like Mel Gibson does.

That was what i was getting at too, it sucks that we live in a world that is ever so happy to ruin a man's entire life over something he maybe didn't even do.

That "me too" shit got way out of control...

And for every actual sexual predator they caught, good, fuck em, bury them under the jail.

But people are greedy and I think they see these movements happen, they see dollar signs and then they rewrite history and cast themselves as the victim in seek of a big settlement.

And it would appear that there is essentially NO repercussion for false accusations, which is fucked up.
I think the accuser, if proven to be false allegations, should serve whatever prison sentence or financial penalty they were attempting to bestowe.

Look, false accusations are fucked. No one's life should be ruined by that.

But at the same time, it's often pretty hard to get sexual assault convictions.

Alot of time it can boil down to he said she said (or in Spacey's case he said he said) allegations particularly if there's not full blown dna evidence.

Plenty of cases have dna evidence, and still have trouble getting a conviction.

That being said, when I moved to Los Angeles there were two big open secrets about the entertainment industry that kept coming up in the rumor mill.

1) Harvey rapes / coerces actresses

2) Spacey is an insane dickhound on guys who are his type. Like to the extent where they'd have to shoot around his issues and send any PA or grip he fancied home or on errands before Kevin arrived on set to shoot because he would derail filming to RUTHLESSLY hit on the guy. People were getting let go or transferred from jobs because of how distracted he got.

The two of them were the most famous sexual predators in Hollywood for a bit in the 2000s, and people my age at the time were literally getting warned about them when working in the industry.

That doesn't mean the cases that went to court are true or not or half true and half misrepresented, but if after his body of work and behavior a woman said Ted Nugent raped her back in the day I'd be inclined to at least consider the possibility her story may have truth in it.

This is exactly right. People want to just say “Oh, he wasn’t proven guilty in court, therefore he must not have done any of that stuff,” because they don’t want to have to think. They want someone else to make up their mind for them.

I remember reading what that guy in Star Trek Discovery (I think) said Spacey did to him. He sounded credible. There was absolutely no reason for him to lie about it.

So I ask those who are ready to ride Spacey’s dick: Would you leave him alone with your son?

Look, false accusations are fucked. No one's life should be ruined by that.

Alot of time it can boil down to he said she said (or in Spacey's case he said he said) allegations particularly if there's not full blown dna evidence.

Plenty of cases have dna evidence, and still have trouble getting a conviction.

That being said, when I moved to Los Angeles there were two big open secrets about the entertainment industry that kept coming up in the rumor mill.

2) Spacey is an insane dickhound on guys who are his type. Like to the extent where they'd have to shoot around his issues and send any PA or grip he fancied home or on errands before Kevin arrived on set to shoot because he would derail filming to RUTHLESSLY hit on the guy. People were getting let go or transferred from jobs because of how distracted he got.

The two of them were the most famous sexual predators in Hollywood for a bit in the 2000s, and people my age at the time were literally getting warned about them when working in the industry.

That doesn't mean the cases that went to court are true or not or half true and half misrepresented, but if after his body of work and behavior a woman said Ted Nugent raped her back in the day I'd be inclined to at least consider the possibility her story may have truth in it.

Dickhound...

Now there is a word I have not pondered before.

If he did it, fuck him. Even if he was sexually harassing people as you said.

What the fuck is wrong with people?
I never understood the appeal of pursuing someone who isnt interested.
Basically pursuing rejection.. why?

Last edited:
He gathered a group of well known criminals to help pull off this big heist while pretending to be handicap

And everybody feared his name for unknown reasons.
I actually believed he was the kind of guy to do peel the skin of his enemy's living children, piece by piece, while their parents are watching.

I never really followed this kind of thing but living in the UK I'd heard talk about Spacey from his running of the Queen Vic, mostly that he went after actors working for him. Pre #metoo Weinstein did have the much worse rumours about him similar to Jimmy Saville in the UK were as Spacey seemed to be viewed more as "unprofessional".

In that case the "smoke without fire" is a bit different, between being a full blown rapist and whether you were "just" unprofessional or something more. Even the "just" of course maybe worth of criticism and perhaps legal action but the most serious legal stuff seems to be the "something more".

Dickhound...

Now there is a word I have not pondered before.

If he did it, fuck him. Even if he was sexually harassing people as you said.

What the fuck is wrong with people?
I never understood the appeal of pursuing someone who isnt interested.
Basically pursuing rejection.. why?

I was thinking pussyhound, but he wasn't after pussy.

I think it's a power issue to dog someone down and make them relent like that.

This is exactly right. People want to just say “Oh, he wasn’t proven guilty in court, therefore he must not have done any of that stuff,” because they don’t want to have to think. They want someone else to make up their mind for them.

I remember reading what that guy in Star Trek Discovery (I think) said Spacey did to him. He sounded credible. There was absolutely no reason for him to lie about it.

So I ask those who are ready to ride Spacey’s dick: Would you leave him alone with your son?

Fuck no man.

At the very least he was a serial sexual harasser.

Back