Kevin Spacey is... kinda winning again?

Beating three sexual harassment/assault cases and getting a 31mliion dollar judgment knocked down to 1 million that you can pay over several years are major wins.

Settling court cases while being publicly disgraced, known as a sexual predator, and losing all of the projects he was on are major losses.

If he ever gets back to where he once was you can claim he's "winning again." Until then, this is still a pretty big fall from grace.

Yeah, paying out 1 million dollars because of your behavior is totally a win. Edit: and let me be clear I give zero fucks about Kevin Spacey. He's whatever. But that reasoning is specious.
It is far better than paying out 35 million and even though he is a tainted piece of shit, paying out a million over several years will not be tough for him.

Settling court cases while being publicly disgraced, known as a sexual predator, and losing all of the projects he was on are major losses.

If he ever gets back to where he once was you can claim he's "winning again." Until then, this is a pretty big fall from grace.
Fall from grace? He fell off the side of the grand canyon and rightfully so as he is a piece of shit. He could be rotting in prison and have a 35 million dollar judgment against. While he is tainted now, it would not take much for him to come back from it. A good PR spin and him coming out and supporting certain ideas and agendas and Hollyweird would welcome him back.

Fall from grace? He fell off the side of the grand canyon and rightfully so as he is a piece of shit. He could be rotting in prison and have a 35 million dollar judgment against. While he is tainted now, it would not take much for him to come back from it. A good PR spin and him coming out and supporting certain ideas and agendas and Hollyweird would welcome him back.

Yes, that's called a fall from grace. You can vary the magnitude of it however you want. Indeed, his situation isn't as bad as many had assumed it would be. Your entire statement here is agreeing with me:

Kevin Spacey is... kinda not losing as terribly as we may have thought?​

Take a step back and think about why you're arguing with me.

I think we are all a bit guilty of judging Spacey by heterosexual standards. Its a bit un-pc to say but being a serial dick grabber isn't that big a deal in the gay community, it's just seen as being a bit of a cheeky scamp and it's how many of them greet each other.

Yes, that's called a fall from grace. You can vary the magnitude of it however you want. Indeed, his situation isn't as bad as many had assumed it would be. Your entire statement here is agreeing with me:

Kevin Spacey is... kinda not losing as terribly as we may have thought?​

Take a step back and think about why you're arguing with me.
Arguing? It is more of a discussion. I would not argue on this topic. We have both shared our opinions on the subject which I see no problem with.

That was what i was getting at too, it sucks that we live in a world that is ever so happy to ruin a man's entire life over something he maybe didn't even do.

That "me too" shit got way out of control...

And for every actual sexual predator they caught, good, fuck em, bury them under the jail.

But people are greedy and I think they see these movements happen, they see dollar signs and then they rewrite history and cast themselves as the victim in seek of a big settlement.

And it would appear that there is essentially NO repercussion for false accusations, which is fucked up.
I think the accuser, if proven to be false allegations, should serve whatever prison sentence or financial penalty they were attempting to bestowe.

All of you are goddamn hypocrites.

When the Weinstien allegations dropped you were all convinced he did it even before he was convicted.

Because he represented woke democrat hollywood so you didn't need to see no damn trial.

He did a completely normal and not batshit stupid interview with Tucker just a couple months ago. Everyone was clamoring to see him as Frank Underwood again and he delivered.

Looks like Spacey is probably going to still have a career but in lower/mid level action thrillers done outside of big Hollywood studios.

He was spotted having dinner with Elton John last year. If he's got the Godmother of the Gay Mafia on his side, Spacey will have no problem getting his career back on track. ;)

<WhatIsThis>

Are people really that stupid in real life?

This year the richest and most powerful nation on earth will choose either Trump or Biden to become the Leader of the Free World.

Do you really need to ask that question? ;)

Didn't two of the people who accused him die? I'm not saying there was anything suspicious about their deaths, but IIRC, one of them died just after Spacey released the infamous, "Kill them with Kindness" video, in the style of Frank Underwood.

That was what i was getting at too, it sucks that we live in a world that is ever so happy to ruin a man's entire life over something he maybe didn't even do.

That "me too" shit got way out of control...

And for every actual sexual predator they caught, good, fuck em, bury them under the jail.

But people are greedy and I think they see these movements happen, they see dollar signs and then they rewrite history and cast themselves as the victim in seek of a big settlement.

And it would appear that there is essentially NO repercussion for false accusations, which is fucked up.
I think the accuser, if proven to be false allegations, should serve whatever prison sentence or financial penalty they were attempting to bestowe.
I did find it funny that, Asia Argento, one of the more outspoken metoo activists who was allegedly assaulted by Harvey Weinstein, ended up having an affair with a 17 year old co-star that she was in a movie with. While not illegal, she was in a movie with him when he was like 10 years old or something? Pretty fucking pedo-ish if you ask me.

In my opinion, this is what prompted Anthony Bourdain to commit suicide. For sure, he wasn't alright in his head generally speaking, but being by your girls side and promoting metoo as loudly as he did on social media only for your girl to turn around and have an affair with a 17 year old is pretty embarrassing if you ask me.

So yea, that movement had it's hiccups to say the least.

Didn't two of the people who accused him die? I'm not saying there was anything suspicious about their deaths, but IIRC, one of them died just after Spacey released the infamous, "Kill them with Kindness" video, in the style of Frank Underwood.
Sorry, I was too quick in my reply.
quite a few people have come forward an accused him of things. three of them have died.

One died in a car accident (a woman who did not claim to be a victim, but who had stalked him, tried to bomb him -and spent 4 years in jail for that - and accused him of sexually harassing others).
One in a suicide (a Norwegian royalty who was groped under the table at a nobel peace price banquet where they were seated next to each other 10 year earlier).
One from cancer (he was a anonymous masseuse who was groped during a massage session).

None of it seems to have anything to do with Kevin Spacey himself, and while he seems to be a unpleasant guy, your question suggested just that.

Sorry, I was too quick in my reply.
quite a few people have come forward an accused him of things. three of them have died.

One died in a car accident (a woman who did not claim to be a victim, but who had stalked him, tried to bomb him -and spent 4 years in jail for that - and accused him of sexually harassing others).
One in a suicide (a Norwegian royalty who was groped under the table at a nobel peace price banquet where they were seated next to each other 10 year earlier).
One from cancer (he was a anonymous masseuse who was groped during a massage session).

None of it seems to have anything to do with Kevin Spacey himself, and while he seems to be a unpleasant guy, your question suggested just that.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of the details, only that some of his accusers had died.

In my defence, Spacey is friends with the Clintons, so... ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back