Khabib and Artem Lobov confrontation in UFC 223 hotel lobby [WITH VIDEO]

Bro who gives a shit, the point is if you put them in a room together in a barehanded fight to the death only Khabib is walking out.

Would you rather be dead or considered a pussy?
Dead.

With REAL MAN! engraved on my tombstone.

Guy gets completely imasculinated just days before his fight. Can’t be good for his confidence.

Au contraire

Facing khabib is like near death experience

Anything after would feel like child’s play

Au contraire

Facing khabib is like near death experience

Anything after would feel like child’s play
I still can't believe Artem let Khabib put his hands on him like that. He must've been so shook, to not even hit his had away when he grabbed the back of his neck and then slapped him twice in the head.

Artem most of all knew not to fuck with Khabib when he is actually right there in front of him.
The guy is a literal punching bag for his boyfriend. He should have made the sacrifice to eliminate Conor's greatest threat to ensure his spot riding shotgun in the Lambo is secure.

Kebab by rape.

Artem would run crying to his bf Conor and his daddy Dana.

I don't think it's them coming from different political sides. Russia was involved in 2 wars with Chechnya. The 1st one was not so long after the Soviet Union broke up and the Russians got a bit of a hiding in Chechnya and other regions in the Caucasus. That didn't go down well with the Russians as they were sending conscripts to fight Chechen's who were more advanced in warfare than them - though Grozny still got pummeled.

When Putin came into power the 2nd Chechen war started and the Russians had their shit together more, and they (the Chechen's) were fighting a losing battle until Putin gave them an ultimatum to get bombed to pieces or put a stop to it all. Kadyrov's father was put in charge and in turn Putin's puppet in the region and got rid of the Chechen separatists who were still opposed to Russia occupying Chechnya.

Kadyrov's father got assassinated and then the purge of the separatists went into full swing when his son got put into power. But even before that, the Chechen's, Dagestani's, Ingush and other's from the region were fighting the Russians for centuries. I suppose you could say that Kadyrov and his supporters are 'turncoats' given the history, while those still opposed to Russia have gone into exile.

I'm just guessing on Artem's buddy's part. I know nothing of his background or if he does or doesn't live in Chechnya still. For Nurmagomedov's buddy, who is licking Kadyrov's boots - and probably is doing so to stay alive - to say he's not a Chechen is a bit daft.

I'd bet anything if Russia went to shit anytime soon, the Chechen's wouldn't be pledging their allegiance to Russia anymore and the region becomes unstable again.
Is it possible that political turmoil and tensions are making it particularly difficult for Chechen and Dagestani fighters to come into the UFC in larger waves? To be honest, given how wrestling friendly American MMA is and the fact that no region of the earth, it seems, can touch Chechnya-Dagestan, per capita, in great wrestlers produced means in theory there should be more phenoms from this region in the UFC now. Perhaps even an actual title holder by now.

Someone has to add subtitles
I hate not knowing what they are saying

Khabib: Don't mention my name. Do you understand? Do you? I am talking to you
Khabib: You said I was scared (pissed my pants). Didn't you?
Artem: No, I didn't say that
Khabib: What no? *slaps him
Khabib: Don't you ever say such things about me

I still can't believe Artem let Khabib put his hands on him like that. He must've been so shook, to not even hit his had away when he grabbed the back of his neck and then slapped him twice in the head.

Might be cultural, but in many places when ppl talk to you they grab you by the neck to kinda emphasize what they talking about N it’s not viewed as “sonning” as much as in North America

Also not sure how artem sounded, but he walked like he was intoxicated. Maybe that’s what happens when facing angry khabib, but the guy didn’t seem all there by the way he walked

Aryem is listed as 5 foot 9. Rofl
Fuck off. Khabib is only 5 foot 9 1/2. How the fuck is artem 5 foot 9. 5 foot 7 at best.

What Lobov said about Khabib in July 2017 (with subtitles) and what Khabib's father said about Artem in December 2017:

Is it possible that political turmoil and tensions are making it particularly difficult for Chechen and Dagestani fighters to come into the UFC in larger waves? To be honest, given how wrestling friendly American MMA is and the fact that no region of the earth, it seems, can touch Chechnya-Dagestan, per capita, in great wrestlers produced means in theory there should be more phenoms from this region in the UFC now. Perhaps even an actual title holder by now.

I'd read something just last week that Russian wrestlers were invited to the States for a tournament but they couldn't get their visas in time - according to the Russians, it was tomfoolery on the part of the US embassy in Moscow.

With that ex spy and his daughter being poisoned and European countries expelling Russian diplomats and the Russians doing the same, it doesn't seem like relations between them and the West are at an all time high.

RE: fighters from Chechnya and Dagestan having issues coming to the States; if you google Karim Zidan, he seems to have a lot of knowledge on all things Russian MMA related. He did put out an article saying there was a lot of talent from those regions and they're slowly filtering in. A lot of them fight in ACB and other Russian promotions simply because they get paid more.

Last week, a Dagestan billionaire who is Nurmagomedov's 'sponsor' and his financial backer of his MMA team back in Dagestan is up in court on charges of embezzlement for 25 million dollars and could be locked up for 20 years.

To loosely translate that; he's supposedly not looked on favourably by Putin. I can't remember his name right now, but the LW from Chechnya, who has being scheduled to fights in the States had his visa application turned down for the 3rd time. Zidan had being saying that the US immigration are going to crack down on any of the fighters affiliated with Kadyrov. If you remember, Nurmagomedov's father has had his application for a visa turned down a couple of times as well.

If you're interested in the topic, you should read some of his articles and read his Reddit AMA which is a bit of an eye opener.

What Lobov said about Khabib in July 2017 (with subtitles) and what Khabib's father said about Artem in December 2017:

So who said what about who first? Seems like Nurmagomedov. Even as far back as 2015 I remember Nurmagomedov saying something about the Conor and Aldo fight and how he favoured Conor to win, but if he came up to LW he'd beat him.

What's he getting all antse about his name being brought up - bad PR in the Russian media when Artem did the interview, I reckon. And what's sr talking about saying it was 'good for Artem they didn't meet up' Why would he meet up with them?

Khabib talks shit about him - Artem walks off - Khabib follows him - Khabib gangs up on him with his Caucasus crew and everyone is moist for Khabib.

This community is so weird.

Can't wait until Max KO's him. Durable, 5 round, rangy fighter. Bet on it.

Who's this Artem guy?

Also not sure how artem sounded, but he walked like he was intoxicated. Maybe that’s what happens when facing angry khabib, but the guy didn’t seem all there by the way he walked

Maybe it was the shit in his pants.

Back