Khabib Nurmagomedov: "Pettis is like a kitty"

I can see where your coming from, but people are really underestimating Cowboy. I think Pettis/Cerrone II goes much differently then their first meeting. Khabib's record is impressive and yes he does hold a win over RDA, but honestly what would it hurt for Khabib to fight a top contender for his come back fight before a title shot?? if so many have complete faith in Khabib being a legit threat then he'll beat anyone in the division if he can beat the champ.

You're going to look silly if, and probably when, Myles Jury defeats Cerrone.

Interview with Khabib Nurmagomedov in Moscow (15.12.2014)

[YT]watch?v=IUCBPqwn60U[/YT]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUCBPqwn60U

Little bit of personal info on me....one day I came home and pissed my cat off. He smelled another cat that had just given birth on me....Almost had to amputate my hand, and my right leg got fucked up too....cats have the dirtiest mouths among pets, all kinds of bacteria kinda like the komodo dragons.....Careful Khabib.

You're going to look silly if, and probably when, Myles Jury defeats Cerrone.

Myles Jury is my favorite youngin at 155. If he can beat Cerrone, then that would be amazing for his young career, but I see Cowboy being on a different level than Jury right now. I can't wait for the Cerrone/Jury fight tho, I got Cerrone via UD

Yeah... Khabib is just undefeated, and only just beat RDA mere months ago... not j-j-just beat RDA but actually completely dominated him for 15 minutes with RDA having ab-ab-solutely nothing for Khabib, a complete 100% beatdown... Khabib said he would be ready in April, that's when the fight with RDA is probably taking place...

...okay.
Yeah lets just ignore the fact that RDA was tagging khabib when he did have chances to strike.

:rolleyes:

It's going to be so funny if Khabib fights Pettis and you're all wondering why he isnt doing so well then try to make excuses for the laughable quality of his performance after he gets knocked the fuck out when the answer is staring you plain in the face: he just was never as good as the hype and never will be.

Khabib is also full of shit and will likely be out until next summer and probably isnt doing anything beyond pad work and strength/conditioning right now, if that.

Myles Jury is my favorite youngin at 155. If he can beat Cerrone, then that would be amazing for his young career, but I see Cowboy being on a different level than Jury right now. I can't wait for the Cerrone/Jury fight tho, I got Cerrone via UD

Im going to take Jury in this fight

what he's saying makes a lot of sense.
he's saying that pettis texted dana that he wanted to fight in may. khabib only could return april, so he's saying it makes no sense not to wait another 25 days to fight the #1 contender. and that's true

Im going to take Jury in this fight……Cowboy is more proven and on a roll….but I see something in Jury, how quickly he's getting better. Im feeling this Weidmanesque thing with him, I think he can be that next fighter we see as a future champ early.

I wouldn't be mad if Jury pulled off the upset, but since Cerrone has fought so much and hasn't bitched about not getting a title shot is what makes me want Cowboy to get a title shot. As fans we complain about how fighters pull out of fights or don't fight enough, but we get a fighter who fights all the time and must be rewarded with something big especially if they're on a roll.

Why not? Cerrone fights ten times a year it seems, Pettis needs a busy 2015, and RDA and Khabib fight pretty often if healthy. It could for sure go down like that.

Pettis vs Cerrone/Khabib for July 4th would literally be fireworks.

The thing is,Pettis almost killed Cerrone not so long ago.

It's not like it's been 5 years.

The thing is,Pettis almost killed Cerrone not so long ago.

It's not like it's been 5 years.

Cerrone is on a roll. It hasn't been throughout 3 or 4 years because Cerrone fights more than twice a year. That has to be respected. Like I said before, Pettis needs a busy 2015. At least 3 title fights this new year.

Yeah... Khabib is just undefeated, and only just beat RDA mere months ago... not j-j-just beat RDA but actually completely dominated him for 15 minutes with RDA having ab-ab-solutely nothing for Khabib, a complete 100% beatdown... Khabib said he would be ready in April, that's when the fight with RDA is probably taking place...

...okay.

Ready to fight, or to start training? Because Pettis/RDA can happen in March. No reason to wait for Khabib. And Khabib is the next contender, so if Khabib is so confident in himself, why does he care if his shot is postponed by a few months? He's got the next shot.

The champ doesn't wait for the challenger. Either you're ready or you're not, and Khabib is not.

Yeah lets just ignore the fact that RDA was tagging khabib when he did have chances to strike.

:rolleyes:

It's going to be so funny if Khabib fights Pettis and you're all wondering why he isnt doing so well then try to make excuses for the laughable quality of his performance after he gets knocked the fuck out when the answer is staring you plain in the face: he just was never as good as the hype and never will be.

Khabib is also full of shit and will likely be out until next summer and probably isnt doing anything beyond pad work and strength/conditioning right now, if that.

Khabib will make Pettis his bitch, you will only be able to watch in horror and then later cry yourself to sleep. Such is life as a fucc boi.

I wouldn't be mad if Jury pulled off the upset, but since Cerrone has fought so much and hasn't bitched about not getting a title shot is what makes me want Cowboy to get a title shot. As fans we complain about how fighters pull out of fights or don't fight enough, but we get a fighter who fights all the time and must be rewarded with something big especially if they're on a roll.

If he beasts Jury

If he beasts Jury…I would like to see Cerrone get the shot as well over Khabib. And not because Khabib wasn't the rightful contender, he was at the time. But the time off and inactivity costs him IMO. He won't be ready to fight till May.

RDA is getting the shot already, he leaped over Khabib. And Cerrone should get the winner of RDA/Pettis if he gets by Jury. Although, I wouldnt be opposed to Cerrone/Jury vs Khabib….depending on the time line.

Cerrone going 6 wins in a row…with Edson, Miller, Alverez and Jury + 2 other wins should get him in there.

That's fucking crazy. What is this? The Kenny Florian treatment where a fighter has to wait 6 years for a title shot when others in other classes get a re-match within the same year?? Cerrone has earned a title shot imo. If he gets past Jury than the only other match I'd accept besides Cowboy getting a title shot would be Cerrone vs Khabib for the No 1 contender spot.

That's fucking crazy. What is this? The Kenny Florian treatment where a fighter has to wait 6 years for a title shot when others in other classes get a re-match within the same year?? Cerrone has earned a title shot imo. If he gets past Jury than the only other match I'd accept besides Cowboy getting a title shot would be Cerrone vs Khabib for the No 1 contender spot.

You act like Cerrone has been winning against everyone this whole time and has been denied a title shot lol.

Anytime he faced a top 5 fighter he got smashed. That's what prevented him from a title shot.

You act like Cerrone has been winning against everyone this whole time and has been denied a title shot lol.

Anytime he faced a top 5 fighter he got smashed. That's what prevented him from a title shot.

Dude he's fought 6 guys and beat them all and has wins over Barboza and Alvarez. Pretty equivalent to Khabib's one big win vs RDA.

Dude he's fought 6 guys and beat them all and has wins over Barboza and Alvarez. Pretty equivalent to Khabib's one big win vs RDA.

True, but he still has a brutal loss against the current champ. If RDA beats Pettis, then the most reasonable thing would be Khabib vs. Jury/Cerrone winner for a title shot in the meanwhile.

Not sure how you can finish Cowboy, Bendo and Gil in a row and be called a "kitty" He also pretty much did it in less time than it takes Khabib to hug out a decision.

AGREED! I found it funny when he said he would smash Pettis's face, seeing how Khabib has a rather ugly tendency to look at the mat and throw punches where he thinks a head is at.

I think you misunderstood

Back